New Orleans Pelicans 2013 Draft

Moderator: bwgood77

Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

New Orleans Pelicans 2013 Draft 

Post#1 » by Copperhead » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:53 pm

Seeing as this team could use guys at a few positions, who would be a good pick for this team? Do you get a PG, SF, or C from this draft, or from free agency? Who do you want?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: New Orleans Pelicans 2013 Draft 

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:25 pm

Otto Porter seems like the best combination of upside and fit with the team. Things change depending on what we do with Eric Gordon, but I'm all for taking the best player, regardless of position. I like Otto Porter as a long and athletic wing that can shoot. Wouldn't be shocked if he turned out like Paul George.

Nerlens Noel is still the most special player in the draft. A lot like Davis without the wide frame and offensive skill.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
yitur
Sixth Man
And1: 859

Post#3 » by yitur » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 pm

Nerlens Noel-Anthony Davis frontcourt's potential is too high to pass up I guess, everyone is already saying this is a weak draft and 2014 is the real deal, so even if Noel was a bust or couldnt get back because of injuries it wouldnt hurt you guys in the long run
max powers
Junior
And1: 258

Post#4 » by max powers » Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 pm

Have to go with Alex Len here. Yes its a bit risky given the stress fracture but if he lives up to his potential he and Davis could absolutely dominate teams down low for years to come. I would draft him and play him limited minutes his rookie year so he has plenty of time to acclimate to NBA schedule without re-injuring the ankle. As long as the Pelicans aren't at risk of leaving New Orleans I wouldn't mind tolerating another bad year for a shot at a franchise maker in 2014 (Wiggins, Parker or Randle).

Future
PG Vasquez
SG Gordon or FA (Rivers is a bust and we were one pick away from Andre Drummond)
SF Wiggins or Randle or Parker
PF Davis
C Len

That line up could be really amazing in 2016

Return to New Orleans Pelicans