Hornets rookie Anthony Davis raising eyebrows

Moderator: bwgood77

Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Hornets rookie Anthony Davis raising eyebrows 

Post#1 » by Copperhead » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:14 pm

NEW ORLEANS — Earl Boykins could get lost in that thing. The unibrow of Anthony Davis has been on display all season here in New Orleans, and lately, basketball's Frida Kahlo has shown the nation why he was the No. 1 pick last summer. In the past 10 games, entering Monday's matchup against Denver, the Kentucky product had averaged 16.1 points and 10.6 rebounds for the Hornets.

"He's gotten more comfortable with playing in tight situations — earlier this year, he wasn't as comfortable," Hornets coach Monty Williams said before tipoff. "He's learning how to use his quickness against guys who are stronger than he is, and he's learning how to play harder, and how that helps him in transition and defense.

"He's hit some big shots for us, he had a game-winning tip last week. So all that stuff adds to his experience. And he's picking up our system a lot faster — he's always been coachable — and in the last 30 games he's made this big jump for us."

Portland's Damian Lillard will likely win rookie of the year honors, but watching the 6-foot-10 Davis, who sprouted late in high school, it's pretty clear how dynamic he'll be in years to come for the Hornets, er, Pelicans. In the first half against Denver, he splashed a pick-and-pop jumper with ease. And he plays above the rim, JaVale-y.

"I think right now I see some Marcus Camby in him, though I think he'll probably be a better offensive player than Marcus," Denver coach George Karl said, comparing Davis to the former No. 2 pick in the draft who became a Denver defensive standout. "But he has the knack to rebound the ball, defend the basket and defend the paint at a high level. Offensively, I was told he played guard at a younger age, so I think he'll pick up those habits pretty quickly."

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_22 ... Nuggets%29
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,997
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Hornets rookie Anthony Davis raising eyebrows 

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 9, 2013 11:29 pm

I'd like to see him with a few big games to close the year out, and eclipse the 22 PER mark.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to New Orleans Pelicans