GSW Trade Proposal

Moderator: bwgood77

AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

GSW Trade Proposal 

Post#1 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 pm

Warriors fan here.

I was wondering what your guys' take on Austin Rivers? We're looking to possibly add another guard to our roster, and Rivers minutes seems to have diminished due to the addition of Tyreke Evans and Jrue Holiday.

What do you guys think of this trade proposal?

Ryan Anderson + Austin Rivers for Marreese Speights + Nemanja Nedovic (our 30th pick of 2013 draft) + Kent Bazemore (Possibly future draft pick consideration)?
R U Legit
Senior
And1: 622

Re: GSW Trade Proposal 

Post#2 » by R U Legit » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:43 am

I'd like to see how Anderson plays with this group before we think about trading him.

I'm not too familiar with the Warriors so what's the deal with Speights and Bazemore?
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#3 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:51 am

We're getting the feeling that Speights is just too into his jumpers and can be trigger-happy. There would be good plays made by him when he operates in the paint, but the first few games he's just been taking jumpers.

And we're trying to groom Bazemore into a PG, but he's really a SG. He brings in a lot of energy to the team (hence his courtside celebrations). But, we think there's not much room for him to play since Curry, Thompson, Toney Douglas are eating up the minutes in the backcourt. A good defensive player (will get you steals in the passing lanes).

Lastly, Nedovic is simply a young combo guard who has yet to get consistent minutes (same issue with Bazemore because of the crowded backcourt). He still has a lot of potential. Dubbed the European version of Derrick Rose because of his quickness and athleticism. Purely based on potential and can be a very solid backup PG (to even starter). I'd say he's a mix between Goran Dragic(?) and Derrick Rose.

I think you guys may consider keeping Anderson, but what would you guys feel about giving up Rivers for Bazemore and Nedovic? From what I've seen, Rivers should have stayed at least 1-2 more years at Duke and he's just all over the place. But, very gifted scorer with great potential that needs to learn how to put everything together.
R U Legit
Senior

Post#4 » by R U Legit » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:14 am

I'd trade Rivers for those guys. He gets to the basket at will but he can't finish once he gets there or hit FTs so that's just something he'll have to improve over time. Sometimes he's too unselfish and can get really down on himself (basically the opposite of everything you've ever heard about him)

His defense is coming along nicely and before his injury last year, he was easily our best perimeter defender and his improvement on that end of court was also shown off in summer league.

I like him, but I'm not sure if he fits on our roster
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#5 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:04 pm

What are your guys' take on Tyreke Evans so far? He seems to be battling some injuries and isn't a great shooter. But, overall, he's a big time talent that is still trying to figure out his role (is he a PG, SG, combo guard, etc.). Just been a fan of his in his Sac days.

Not saying that we need him since we already have Iggy.
R U Legit
Senior

Post#6 » by R U Legit » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:31 am

2 things are hurting Tyreke's performance with us right now:

1) He's re aggravated an ankle injury from preseaon, and I'm not convinced that he was ever fully healthy
2) We thought that he'd be the main ball handler off the bench surrounded by shooters, but Ryan Anderson isn't healthy and Brian Robers (our backup PG) is a ball hog

He's looked great in wins and awful in losses, so a lot of us are split when it comes to Tyreke
APacoJ
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#7 » by APacoJ » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:33 am

Back to OP, so far as I'm concerned you can just have rivers.
Who exactly fears a Pelican?
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#8 » by lakerhater » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:40 am

R U Legit wrote:I'd trade Rivers for those guys. He gets to the basket at will but he can't finish once he gets there or hit FTs so that's just something he'll have to improve over time. Sometimes he's too unselfish and can get really down on himself (basically the opposite of everything you've ever heard about him)

His defense is coming along nicely and before his injury last year, he was easily our best perimeter defender and his improvement on that end of court was also shown off in summer league.

I like him, but I'm not sure if he fits on our roster

Thanks for this assessment. Sounds like he could be a match for GSW with Douglas' status and Curry missing a few games here and there with assorted maladies. Adding another former player's kid to GSW would be a cool angle as well.

What would NOP want for just Rivers?

Return to New Orleans Pelicans