Trade AD/Tank/ReTool

Moderator: bwgood77

Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Trade AD/Tank/ReTool 

Post#1 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm

With all our injuries, this year is clearly lost and since we already traded away our 1st rounder in the stacked 2014 rookie class, it's time we faced facts and just blow this mess up before we turn into the old Clippers.

I say we move AD to Philadelphia for their first round pick (Unprotected) AND for our own pick back in 2014. With or without AD, we can't win this year and neither can Philly. We could end up with TWO of the TOP 5 picks in the best draft class in decades.

AD is great but I'd take Embiid and Wiggins in place of AD. W could probably pick up any of Thad Young, Evan Turner and/or Hawes for talent or expiring contracts. Maybe we could dump some of our lousy contracts on the Sixers and be in position to make a run at Lebron/KD/or Love in the next few years.

Let's face it, right now we are FUBAR!!!
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
BLT
Junior
And1: 6

Re: Trade AD/Tank/ReTool 

Post#2 » by BLT » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:51 pm

uhm, so glad no one even responded to this. you do realize A. Anthony Davis is absolutely untouchable, wouldnt trade him for anyone other than Lebron and KD and B. if our own pick is good enough to get Embiid and Wiggins then we get it. its top 5 protected.

terrible... terrible

I wouldnt trade Davis for Noel, their 1st, our 1st back and MCW.
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#3 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:46 pm

I thought I was a HOMER!!! I love AD but...

AD for

MCW
Noel
Embiid 2014 Draft Pick
Parker 2014 Draft Pick

Whatever,... we have one good (fantastic!!!) player who will leave NO first chance he gets. It's time to think ahead because this whole thing is a nice idea but we oughta join the Tankers and AD aint helping us do that! The AD window in NO is already closing. We should get what we can now!
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
APacoJ
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#4 » by APacoJ » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 pm

Y'all are absolutely (Please Use More Appropriate Word). This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. "Hey, let's trade the guy that will be a top 3 player in the next 2 years or so for a an extremely raw big (Embiid) and a surefire bust (Wiggins)." This is 100% (Please Use More Appropriate Word). With this mentallity, we'll never get away from rebuilding mode. We went through the rebuilding process, Davis was the result. Davis is the guy we're supposed to rebuild around, not trade away for unproven guys. Honestly, I wouldn't trade Davis for anyody, that includes Lebron and KD. As far as the pelicans are concerned, Davis is untouchable, and that's exactly how it should be.
We really don't need to make any more moves. The only one that would make any sense would be to trade EG, then ride out the injuries. As we get healthy, Davis continues to devolop, and the team continues to bond (remember these guys are relatively new to playing with each other) the wins will start to come.
No need to panic and do something stupid.
Who exactly fears a Pelican?
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#5 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:35 pm

ok... Cool...
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#6 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:58 pm

I just think we're going to miss the playoffs but not be bad enough to get our Philly pick back. So we start again with AD in the third year of his contract in 2015 HOPING we can recuperate the same crew that currently has 15 wins? AD's days as a Pelican are numbered. It does suck!

So we wait...
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#7 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:57 am

Wow you don't trade AD for anyone outside of Lebron and Durant.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
APacoJ
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#8 » by APacoJ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:33 am

Agnostifarian wrote:I just think we're going to miss the playoffs but not be bad enough to get our Philly pick back. So we start again with AD in the third year of his contract in 2015 HOPING we can recuperate the same crew that currently has 15 wins? AD's days as a Pelican are numbered. It does suck!

So we wait...

So let's say we do go ahead with your plan, in a couple years are we gonna trade wiggins embiid and holiday because of the fear they MIGHT leave the team when their contracts expire 2 years in the future? That's stupid...until they invent the lifetime contract, there will always be some fear of guys leaving as free agents, but you can't just trade everyone away before they get to that point...
Who exactly fears a Pelican?
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#9 » by Agnostifarian » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:12 pm

No, I don't mean to imply we trade our core every couple years at all. We need the core. I just think we have unfortunate TIMING with AD. We've got this injury bug which is stubbornly lingering through AD's rookie contract. Maybe next year, we get healthy and make the deep playoff run but that will be AD's third contract year. He's going to get max deal offers from all the major markets. What makes you think he'll stay here if we aren't on the verge of winning Championships?

AD will soon be the best player in the league. I don't think we should consider him "Untouchable." There's a price for everything. Christ, Wes Welker does adult diaper commercials. WTF? Couldn't he find a better way to scratch up some Jack? We'd obviously make better choices than Wes Welker!
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#10 » by Krapinsky » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:58 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:No, I don't mean to imply we trade our core every couple years at all. We need the core. I just think we have unfortunate TIMING with AD. We've got this injury bug which is stubbornly lingering through AD's rookie contract. Maybe next year, we get healthy and make the deep playoff run but that will be AD's third contract year. He's going to get max deal offers from all the major markets. What makes you think he'll stay here if we aren't on the verge of winning Championships?

AD will soon be the best player in the league. I don't think we should consider him "Untouchable." There's a price for everything. Christ, Wes Welker does adult diaper commercials. WTF? Couldn't he find a better way to scratch up some Jack? We'd obviously make better choices than Wes Welker!

Just about all players reup for their first max extension with the team that drafted them. There's too much money left on the table not to. Things change when the second extension comes and these guys already have 10's of millions of dollars saved up.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,085
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#11 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:I thought I was a HOMER!!! I love AD but...

AD for

MCW
Noel
Embiid 2014 Draft Pick
Parker 2014 Draft Pick

Whatever,... we have one good (fantastic!!!) player who will leave NO first chance he gets. It's time to think ahead because this whole thing is a nice idea but we oughta join the Tankers and AD aint helping us do that! The AD window in NO is already closing. We should get what we can now!

I hope this is a troll thread.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
R U Legit
Senior
And1: 622

Post#12 » by R U Legit » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:03 pm

This whole page should be in green font
Koponen
Bench Warmer
And1: 82

Post#13 » by Koponen » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:28 pm

Sixers fan who came over to your board to see what the sentiment is regarding the pick you owe us...

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,538

Post#14 » by HartfordWhalers » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:28 pm

Agnostifarian wrote:I thought I was a HOMER!!! I love AD but...

AD for

MCW
Noel
Embiid 2014 Draft Pick
Parker 2014 Draft Pick

Almost fooled everyone into believing you were a New Orleans fan that was just a big AD homer, and not a Philly fan posing as that. :roll:
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#15 » by Agnostifarian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:31 pm

It's true. Guilty as charged. I was sentenced, unfairly I might add, to be a Sixer fan for life. I wouldn't think about trading AD for Lebron. KD? Maybe... However, I don't think the New Orleans market can hold AD long term. Everything has a price including AD. We'll see.
eliasrapp98
Assistant Coach
And1: 381

Post#16 » by eliasrapp98 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:53 am

Agnostifarian wrote:No, I don't mean to imply we trade our core every couple years at all. We need the core. I just think we have unfortunate TIMING with AD. We've got this injury bug which is stubbornly lingering through AD's rookie contract. Maybe next year, we get healthy and make the deep playoff run but that will be AD's third contract year. He's going to get max deal offers from all the major markets. What makes you think he'll stay here if we aren't on the verge of winning Championships?

He can't leave after his rookie deal if NOP offers him the max.
PG: Russell Westbrook, Reggie Jackson
SG: Andre Roberson, Anthony Morrow, Jeremy Lamb
SF: Kevin Durant, KJ McDaniels, Perry Jones
PF: Serge Ibaka, Nick Collison, Robert Covington
Cc: Al Jefferson, Steven Adams, Kendrick Perkins, Mitch McGary
Agnostifarian
Veteran

Post#17 » by Agnostifarian » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:31 pm

This little gem from Kyrie Irving may foreshadow the Pelies future with AD...

http://http://basketball.realgm.com/wir ... -Cleveland
rickrolled
Head Coach
And1: 2,652

Post#18 » by rickrolled » Fri Feb 7, 2014 5:51 pm

OP, can you change the title of this thread to "Trade ideas" ? Thanks in advance.

Here is a trade I came up with.

Boston fan here.

Would you facilitate this 3 team deal ?

BOS gets: Ben Gordon (Boston gets expiring contract)

CHA gets: Eric Gordon (CHA adds scoring)

NOP gets: Bass, Wallace, Faverani (Need frontcourt help in Bass and Fav, Wallace makes 10 million less next 2 years than Gordon)
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#19 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sun Feb 9, 2014 5:43 am

Would you guys trade Unibrow + Gordon for David Lee + Thompson + Barnes?
Mediocrity
Sixth Man
And1: 596

Post#20 » by Mediocrity » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Thought I would check out the Pelicans forum, and I come across this? Perhaps the dumbest thread I have ever encountered. In 2 years Davis will probably be the best player in the NBA.
picc wrote:If the Lakers get Dragic, a championship is back on the table for this season. He's that good, and we're that close.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans