Trade AD/Tank/ReTool

Moderator: bwgood77

entrapt
Ballboy
And1: 7

Re: Trade AD/Tank/ReTool 

Post#21 » by entrapt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:27 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Would you guys trade Unibrow + Gordon for David Lee + Thompson + Barnes?

That's one of the worst trades I've seen on any forum, period.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#22 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:39 pm

entrapt wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Would you guys trade Unibrow + Gordon for David Lee + Thompson + Barnes?

That's one of the worst trades I've seen on any forum, period.

I know it's because it involves Anthony Davis, but for the price for giving up Eric Gordon too in the process, you get a productive double-double (though, a downgrade and not worth the contract) in David Lee and 2 young assets/players in Thompson and Barnes. Though way I see it:

Thompson >>>>>> Rivers + Evans
Barnes will be greater than Aminu in a few more years when he polishes his skillset and has a defined role on the team.

We've been in a slump as of late, but it'll pick up once we have our full squad back. You have seen our record this season with those players, right?..
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,757

Post#23 » by Duffman100 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Uh, if you're ever EVER looking at deal Anthony Davis, please come talk to the Raptors. It would be insane to let him go, he'll be a top 10 player next year.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#24 » by Agnostifarian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:51 pm

AD is a Top 5 player now and the only way he ends up in Toronto is via trade. Toronto has the same problem as NO, 2nd tier cities aren't going to be the destination for free agents. The cities get these players because they have lousy teams and they get lucky in the draft. AD will definitely leave. The question is only, "What will NO get for AD"?

Are you going to get a championship first?

Please don't counter with OKC. They have a front office with a proven track record...
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#25 » by hege53190 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:09 pm

How off-limits is AD? I know I would have him as untouchable, I am just wondering if from the Bucks an unprotected 2014 pick (pretty much a top 4 pick lock), Henson and an unprotected 2015 pick gets me in the ballpark?
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#26 » by lakerhater » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 am

I only dropped by the NOP board to see if there was any Pierre Jackson discussion happening. Instead I run into one of the worst ideas ever on realgm.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#27 » by HartfordWhalers » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:53 am

lakerhater wrote:I only dropped by the NOP board to see if there was any Pierre Jackson discussion happening. Instead I run into one of the worst conjobs ever on realgm.

Fixed it for you. If it were an actual NOP fan, then worst idea would be appropriate.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#28 » by lakerhater » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:35 am

HartfordWhalers wrote:
lakerhater wrote:I only dropped by the NOP board to see if there was any Pierre Jackson discussion happening. Instead I run into one of the worst conjobs ever on realgm.

Fixed it for you. If it were an actual NOP fan, then worst idea would be appropriate.

Good point and thanks for the fix. Too bad there's so little traffic on this board because I'd really like to get NOP fans opinions of PJ's value.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,276

Post#29 » by RSCD3_ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:44 am

Anthony davis is thrice the player lee is

Sent from my SCH-I800 using RealGM Forums mobile app
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
nightmare king
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#30 » by nightmare king » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:59 pm

That is a horrible idea. You want this team to give up one of the most valuable pieces on this team for hoping players work out. There should never be a thought of tanking a season. The business of the NBA is to bring in fans ,not make them walk away. Think about all the hardworking men and women paying their good hard earned money to take their kids to see their team play.

People that scraped together money so their family can have an enjoyable night at a game.Teams that tank games or a season should be severely punished. Coaches, GM's and owners should be fined, suspended and lose picks, etc. for cheating people out of their money. How many times has the Hornets/Pelicans had a number 1 draft pick and you want this team to just give it up and hope for the best. Knowing there's never a sure thing in sports. They should have signed an actual small forward during free agency, not try to convert a player.Tanking and just giving up is not the answer.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#31 » by NaturalBuns » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:41 am

Agnostifarian wrote:It's true. Guilty as charged. I was sentenced, unfairly I might add, to be a Sixer fan for life. I wouldn't think about trading AD for Lebron. KD? Maybe... However, I don't think the New Orleans market can hold AD long term. Everything has a price including AD. We'll see.

How do you sleep at night?
Are you one of those locker room post game reporters that Russell Westbrook and every good player hates.
I don't understand people minds sometimes.

pelicans will not trade AD lol
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
Agnostifarian
Veteran
And1: 705

Post#32 » by Agnostifarian » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:47 am

AD's own personal hell... FREE-A-D...FREE-A-D...
“This may be one of the best jobs in basketball right now,” Colangelo said at a press conference introducing him as the new GM of the 76ers after Sam Hinkie resigned.
APacoJ
Sophomore
And1: 120

Post#33 » by APacoJ » Sat Mar 1, 2014 7:28 pm

Upon reading this a second time, you basically wanted to trade the New Orleans Pelicans for the Philadelphia 76ers. Why not just go be a sixers fan, and spare the rest of us your stupidity?
Who exactly fears a Pelican?
tsherkin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,162

Post#34 » by tsherkin » Mon Mar 3, 2014 11:18 pm

Yay, we got an epic talent in the draft!!! Trade the bastard!! Yeah, that's good stuff right there...:roll:

Return to New Orleans Pelicans