What about Pierre Jackson

Moderator: bwgood77

Tone-
Ballboy
And1: 4

What about Pierre Jackson 

Post#1 » by Tone- » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:23 pm

Well, on the **** topic bout trading AD, lakerhater (even if I don't like his name ^^) got a point: what about Pierre Jackson?
He's pretty hot in D-League, score D-League records with 58 pts (24/33) few weeks ago (with 8 assists, only 2 TO)..
He average 30pts & 6 assists by night.

The former Baylor player could be a great addition to Monty's rotation, no?
. . . . . . ......... . . . .. . . . . . ......... . . . .Image
. . . . . . ......... . . . . . . . . . ......... . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . .Unleash the Greek Freak.
nightmare king
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: What about Pierre Jackson 

Post#2 » by nightmare king » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:12 pm

From what I heard they want a pass first point guard because Brian Roberts, Austin rivers and Jrue Holiday are shoot first point guards. They're going to let him sign overseas so they don't have to pay him until he gets on the roster and they want to see what they have in Brian Roberts and Austin Rivers. Roberts will be a free agent, so they could let him go and start the new season with Pierre on the roster. They said he had a lot of turnovers, so maybe he'll clean that up overseas.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Re: What about Pierre Jackson 

Post#3 » by Copperhead » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Here's what GM Dell Demps had to say about Pierre last week...

Can I ask you about the Pierre Jackson situation?

“Pierre is a player that we acquired on draft day last year. The kid had some bad luck to start with. When we acquired him, we were stacked at the point guard position. Before we drafted him, we had conversations with him asking, ‘If we did draft you, we don’t know where you would fit on this year’s roster. Would you want to go overseas?’ He said yes. When we drafted him, we asked him to play summer league, but because of the trade he wasn’t cleared to play summer league until the third game. He didn’t get to come to the practices. Some guys had practiced for four or five days and they had a couple of games. We kind of just threw him into the fire. Then he catches pink eye, so he misses the next two days recovering from that and he comes back for the last game. He didn’t get a good opportunity to show what he could do. Like I said, our roster was filled at the time with guards, so he would up going overseas, got homesick, came home, went to the D-league, and has played great. He’s had a number of 40-point games and even a 58-point game. We’ve been monitoring. I’ve even watch him play. We’ve sent some of our scouts and management personnel to watch him as well. We’ve been in constant communication with his representatives and with Pierre. Recently, he just signed a deal to go to one of the top teams in Europe. He’s going to go play for a team named Fenerbahçe in Turkey, which is arguably one of the top five teams in Europe. He’s already left; he’s in Turkey right now. We will continue to monitor him over there. Our plan moving forward with him is that he plans to play summer league with us this summer. I think that as we’re putting our roster together, we’ll get a true evaluation of where he fits in with us.”

How long do you hold his NBA rights?

“Until he signs an NBA contract, we hold his rights.”

Could you look at him as maybe the draft pick that you don’t have this summer?

“That was the plan. When we talked to him last year about going overseas for a year, that was the plan. (It was), ‘Hey, we’re not going to have a draft pick next year to draft. He’s going to be our draft pick.’ He’s still a young player, you love his story. Coming out of high school not highly recruited, goes to junior college, plays great in junior college, goes to Baylor. I still remember the first time I saw him play. I went to watch a number of players at Baylor – they had four potential first round picks on their roster. I remember walking out of the practice and saying that he was the best player on the floor. Going to a couple of games, I kept saying he was the best player on the floor. He ended up being the Big 12 player of the year, leading the league in scoring and assists. He’s done a magnificent job of, every place he’s gone, he’s played well and his teams have won.”

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/blog/pelica ... out-season

Now he says that Jackson will be the Pelicans' draft pick. That can mean to keep him or trade him. Either way, they don't have to do anything with Pierre this season.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans