Mass Dispatch 17.0: Playoffs, Awards and Mystery Solved?

The Happenings On The RealGM Forums With Administrator Howard Mass
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Mass Dispatch 17.0: Playoffs, Awards and Mystery Solved? 

Post#1 » by Howard Mass » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:30 am

Mass Dispatch 17.0

In this week's edition of Mass Dispatch..........

The Mass Matter features my Playoff and Awards Predictions along with a good week for “The Commish” as Week 7 is reviewed.

Ask Howard answers a question from our Philadelphia 76ers Forum and a Suggestion from a User.

We then have our Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week along with a insightly post from our New York Knicks Forum.

Inside The Administrator's Office let's everyone know if last week's mystery was solved and a word of advice to everyone.

Let's get right to The Mass Matter..........

Mass Matter Playoffs and Awards Predictions; Beat The Commish Week 7

Playoff and Awards Predictions

The NBA Regular Season gets going next week. The past two weeks I have unveiled my Eastern and Western Conference Predictions and now it's time for my Playoffs and Awards Predictions.

Eastern Conference

Cleveland Cavaliers
Chicago Bulls
Washington Wizards
Toronto Raptors
Miami Heat
Charlotte Hornets
Atlanta Hawks
Brooklyn Nets

Western Conference

San Antonio Spurs
Portland TrailBlazers
L.A. Clippers
Dallas Mavericks
Golden State Warriors
Oklahoma City Thunder
Houston Rockets
New Orleans Pelicans

First Round

Cleveland over Brooklyn in 4
Chicago over Atlanta in 6
Washington over Charlotte in 7
Toronto over Miami in 7

San Antonio over New Orleans in 6
Portland over Houston in 5
L.A. Clippers over Oklahoma City in 7
Dallas over Golden State in 7

Second Round

Cleveland over Toronto in 5
Chicago over Washington in 6

San Antonio over Dallas in 7
Portland over L.A. Clippers in 7

Conference Finals

Cleveland over Chicago in 6
San Antonio over Portland in 6

NBA Finals

San Antonio over Cleveland in 7

Awards

MVP: LeBron James (CLE)
ROY: Jabari Parker (MIL)
COY: Rick Carlisle (DAL)
EOY: Donn Nelson (DAL)
DPOY: Anthony Davis (NOP)
SMOY: Jamal Crawford (LAC)
MIP: Steven Adams (OKC)

Let's see how these predictions hold up at the end of the season.

“Beat The Commish” Week 7

I have not done weekly NFL picks since I was in high school but this past week I feel like I got my groove back.

Only 2 Users and 1 Moderator were able to “Beat The Commish” this week and his 11-4 Record.

Ohh and yes, I finally beat my fellow Administrator dream34. :D

2 Users beat me on The Monday Night Tiebreaker while one Moderator beat everyone with a 12-3 Record.

Here is everyone who “Beat The Commish” this week

Users

TheKingofSting: 11-4 (Won Tiebreaker)
hermes: 11-4 (Won Tiebreaker)

MadNess: 12-3

With this development, the only User that I have not beaten in a week this year is TheKingofSting.

In the head to head battle between Users and Moderators, The Moderators won yet again .641 to .637 for the Users.

The Moderators now lead the season head to head matchup 5-2

I definitely plan to repeat my good performance from this week and hopefully take out TheKingofSting this week.

It's time for everyone to make their Week 8 Picks and please remember that there is a 9:30 AM EST game this week.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1350329

Ask Howard

Have a question about RealGM? The Forums? An Issue you would like me to address publicly or something in general? Just post it in the Ask Howard Thread of The Mass Dispatch Forum or you could send me a PM and I just might answer it in my next column.

viewtopic.php?f=437&t=1330025

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Users Ask: Why can't we have a Philadelphia Eagles Thread on our Philadelphia Sixers Forum?

Howard's Response:

This thread

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1349088

caught my eye this morning.

I'm not going to move it yet though and do plan to stop by before the weekend.

Even though RealGM will probably always be a basketball site first, we do indeed have success NFL Forums like our

Chicago Bears Forum

viewforum.php?f=156

Green Bay Packers

viewforum.php?f=161

and

San Francisco 49ers Forum

viewforum.php?f=176

I see no reason why you guys cannot help make our Philadelphia Eagles Forum a success too.

One way you can navigate is via our MyForums feature.

Just click the “MyForum link at the bottom of our Eagles Forum and do the same to all of your favorite forums and they will all be on the same page for you.

myforums.php

When we do upgrades again, I plan to get another navigation implemented too.

Again, I will be stopping by the thread before the weekend is over.

PMOTT3 Asks: Hey Howard, I just had some ideas that I wanted to share with you and get your input on.

Let me start by saying that this is the (juggernaut) of basketball/sports related forum discussions and messages boards. This website is really great and has been a homer in since the launch.

I was trying to think of reasons to get more people "active" on the website and increase productivity. We live in a world where everyone is all about personalization when it comes to technology. What do you think about allowing users certain personalization options for X amount of posts? Maybe when a user reaches 5,000 posts they are allowed a certain emoji? I'm sure there are many other features that could be thought of but the main purpose of the theory is this..

When a user reaches X amount of posts they are rewarded with something. And when the user reaches an even higher amount of posts then they are again rewarded in a certain way. The idea encourages users to stay active on the boards. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this matter whenever you get the chance. 

as always, Thanks Howard!

Howard's Response: Thank you for your question.

I am always looking for ways to make our forums more personalized for Users.

The problem with doing it post based is you get a lot of post-padders and they might post to post just to make it too a certain option and thus lower the quality of discussion.

One thing I plan to do is give some Users special and maybe even personalized titles.

Other things could come to mind as well.

I appreciate the suggestion and the positive contributions you have made since joining the site a few months ago.

Mass Dispatch User, Thread and Moderator of The Week

It's time for the Weekly Mass Dispatch Forum Awards.

If you know of a User, Thread or Moderator that deserves to be recognized, please either send me a PM or make a post on The Mass Dispatch Forum.

Your nominee might just receive an Award.

Mass Dispatch User of The Week

TheKingofSting

This User might post very often to even border on post padding at times but I love their enthusiasm especially for our NFL Forums.

TheKingofSting is also the only User that I have not yet defeated in a week of “Beat The Commish”.

He is right up there in The User Standings and could very well walk away as The User Champion and maybe even The Grand Champion.

His enthusiasm across the forums and being one of the 3 of 24 people to defeat me this week earns him Mass Dispatch User of The Week.

With this, I encourage him to have some more detailed posts as I think he has a lot more to show as a User.

Congratulations to our User of The Week TheKingofSting!

Mass Dispatch Thread of The Week

The “NBA likely to vote on changing draft odds next week” thread on our Philadelphia 76ers Forum

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1347762

Our Philadelphia 76ers Forum was relieved when they heard the news about The Lottery Rules not being changed.

The biggest tank job in NBA History gets to continue this year with Philadelphia guaranteed at least a top-4 pick since there is no chance in hell they will not be the worst team in The NBA. Does anyone think anyone can do worse than them this year? Seriously?

This thread is an interesting read and enlightens everyone into how on board our 76ers Fans are with this historic tank job.

Seriously though, it's all good 76ers fans. I'm still just a little ticked off about Hinkie's play in the draft that cost my Magic a potential mid-first round pick in 2017 or 2018 as the Sixers cannot be bad forver.

Congratulations to our Philadelphia 76ers Forum Users!

Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week

General NBA and Toronto Raptors Moderator Yuri Vaultin.

It is not an easy assignment to moderate our General NbA Board or our Toronto Raptors Forum but Yuri Vaultin does both.

Behind the scenes, Yuri is always doing his best to keep discussion on track and getting the users who want to derail discussion out of here.

He also is wonderful in interacting with Users. The other day, Yuri helped a User understand his violations and that User was able to avoid a suspension.

Yuri is a wonderful Moderator who loves this place and keeping the good discussion flowing. That is why he is our User of The Week.

Congratulations to The Mass Dispatch Moderator of The Week Yuri Vaultin!

General Off-Topic Board User of The Month

Next week, The Mass Dispatch General Off-Topic Board User of The Month will be unveiled. Will hermes retain The “King Of The GOTB” or will someone like former King El Turco or another GOTB User take the crown?

Find out next week.

Ohh and if you guys hijack this thread like you did last week, there will be consequences so do not test me.

From our New York Knicks Forum

Before we conclude this section, one of our New York Knicks Moderators asked that a post on our New York Knicks Forum be put into this edition.

It is from Aromeoj who gave his fellow Knicks Users some insights from his courtside seat at The Knicks game last week.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1349654&p=41296252#p41296252

The post is a wonderful read and has already gotten 43 AND 1's.

While I do not have a Post of The Week at this time, this User definitely deserves recognition and thank him for this wonderful gem.

Inside The Administrator's Office

Last week, I put out a mystery for everyone to solve.

It involved a User who is my Future Moderator Prospects List and received a Username change within the last year when they were ineligible because of it.

The User has unfortunately not come forward and no User has correctly guessed either.

So, I am going to give everyone including that person one more week to figure out The Mystery.

On another note, earlier today, A User who was derailing discussion on one of our NBA Team Forums tried to frame the Moderators on the Forums and say they were baiting them.

The thing they did not know Is I can see the original post with the original topic line where they tried to bait Users on this forum into a flame war.

This User not only looked stupid but they are enjoying a nice 7-day vacation.

The moral of the story is I can see original posts and will not take it when a User tries to derail discussion on a forum and then tries to falsely accuse a User or Moderator of wrong doing.

Do not try to pull that on me.

Contact Mass Dispatch

If anyone has a question, feedback, feel a user, thread or Moderator should be recognized or something they would like to see in Mass Dispatch, please post it on The Mass Dispatch Forum or send me a PM. You could even send me a note on Twitter @homassrealgm
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,440

Re: Mass Dispatch 17.0: Playoffs, Awards and Mystery Solved? 

Post#2 » by Slava » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:08 am

Well deserved KingOfSting and Yuri!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Jugs
RealGM
And1: 6,488

Post#3 » by Jugs » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:34 am

Portland to make conference finals even im not that blind of a fan
Howard Mass
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 15,625

Post#4 » by Howard Mass » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:06 pm

The Mystery User has come forward and did so less than an hour after this version of Mass Dispatch was published.

Users can still come forward and guess who it is for the other part.

I will not unveil anything until next week though.
R.I.P. Dharam Raghubir (A.K.A. Magnumt)

:beer:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,557

Post#5 » by El Turco » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:22 pm

ok
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Sofia
GOTB: Mean Girls
And1: 30,827

Post#6 » by Sofia » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:32 pm

Is the mystery user Jugs?
Founder - Wembanyama GOAT club - waitlist registrations being accepted

President of the Pharmcat Fanclub
President of the GreatWhiteStiff Fanclub
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#7 » by Wavy Q » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:47 pm

damn we are trash at guessing NFL picks
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,225

Post#8 » by EArl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:07 pm

Howard Mass wrote:The Mystery User has come forward and did so less than an hour after this version of Mass Dispatch was published.

Users can still come forward and guess who it is for the other part.

I will not unveil anything until next week though.

birdsdsEAthornets
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
magic22s
Junior
And1: 116

Post#9 » by magic22s » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:14 am

Congratulations to TheKingofSting and Yuri!
Gremz
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,142

Post#10 » by Gremz » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:34 am

Dear Howard, can hermes please win again please. He is my best friend and it would mean a lot. Cool man, cool.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,607

Post#11 » by kyphi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:41 pm

glad Howard got his groove back. Congrats Yuri and KingSting. me love you long time
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,934

Post#12 » by humanrefutation » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:23 pm

Hey Howard, is there an archive of these Mass Dispatches elsewhere? I've missed a couple and I don't want to ask questions that might have already been answered.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,957

Post#13 » by goober » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:56 pm

humanrefutation wrote:Hey Howard, is there an archive of these Mass Dispatches elsewhere? I've missed a couple and I don't want to ask questions that might have already been answered.

Not Howard, but if you go to the Board Index and go to the "realGM support" area there should be a "Mass Dispatch" forum where you can look at all past "Mass Dispatches"
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,934

Post#14 » by humanrefutation » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:28 am

Bish wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Hey Howard, is there an archive of these Mass Dispatches elsewhere? I've missed a couple and I don't want to ask questions that might have already been answered.

Not Howard, but if you go to the Board Index and go to the "realGM support" area there should be a "Mass Dispatch" forum where you can look at all past "Mass Dispatches"

Oh, great. Thanks!
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,419

Post#15 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Wow howie what's with the late update?
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#16 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Congrats Yuri and thanks everyone!
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to Mass Dispatch