Austin Rivers Pros and Cons?

Moderator: bwgood77

PopAGat
Starter
And1: 472

Austin Rivers Pros and Cons? 

Post#1 » by PopAGat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:31 pm

I was a bit shocked that the Pelicans got rid of him. I mean I know they declined his 4th year option but as a general basketball fan who doesn't focus a whole lot on the Pelicans, I was curious as to why the Pelicans would trade a young player/guard that they could use considering Eric Gordon is basically a part-time basketball player because of injuries and stuff.

What did you like or dislike about him and what were his pros and cons? Again, I don't follow the Pelicans but I was curious as to what you guys think since y'all watch this team closely.
Credits to TurboZone
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Austin Rivers Pros and Cons? 

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:04 am

Eesh. If he has a pro, I don't really know what it is. I guess his first step is pretty nice, but he's a scoring guard that can't score, and he's really shown almost no signs of ever being even helpful in a rotation. Can't shoot, can't create for others, can't defend, can't finish. I dunno, I don't know why anyone would want him, after a bad year and college, and 3 bad NBA seasons, he hasn't been an effective player since he was in high school.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to New Orleans Pelicans