And1: 2,413

Monty Williams Puts Blame on Himself 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:19 am

GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Re: Monty Williams Puts Blame on Himself 

Post#2 » by GQ Hot Dog » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:01 am

After losing to the Knicks, time to fire Monty?
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Monty Williams Puts Blame on Himself 

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:37 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:After losing to the Knicks, time to fire Monty?

To me, losing to the Knicks is an embarrassment and should serve as a big wake up call. I can't say what the issues are down in New Orleans, but I think they are squandering on the likes of Anthony Davis and the rest of the guys on the team and simply taking them for granted. This team is playing in the Southwest Division where four out of five teams are competing for playoff spots in the challenging Western Conference. In the last several weeks, the Rockets, Mavericks, and Grizzlies have made crucial moves to get better as these teams know what predicaments and obstacles lies ahead. Although the Pelicans did make a move to get Quincy Pondexter and traded away Austin Rivers and get back a pick. These minor moves are not enough. To compete in a fierce conference like this, teams will have to make the necessary adjustments to get better and to secure the future of the team. If the Pelicans GM have any sense to recognize these issues, they would be wise to take heed.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans