Would you trade Ryan Anderson for Channing Frye and a top 5 protected first?

Moderator: bwgood77

Would you trade Ryan Anderson for Channing Frye and a top five protected first?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 20

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,382

Would you trade Ryan Anderson for Channing Frye and a top 5 protected first? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 7, 2015 2:38 am

Given the fact that he is only under contract and could leave next summer, would you do a deal like this? Anderson is better than Frye but if you get a pick out of it too and a pretty good stretch 4 who has been coached by Gentry to the WCF, it could work out well. Gentry knows how good Frye is in the pick-n-pop game and would know how to run those plays as well.
mvpelicans
Ballboy
And1: 13

Re: Would you trade Ryan Anderson for Channing Frye and a top 5 protected first? 

Post#2 » by mvpelicans » Fri Aug 7, 2015 1:28 pm

yes!! next year top 5 protect and Frye (good contract, give us the outside shoot). I doubt Orlando does.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Would you trade Ryan Anderson for Channing Frye and a top 5 protected first? 

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Sun Aug 9, 2015 2:21 am

If the Magic were to start off well enough to get into the playoff race, it's possible they might consider such a deal. In a way, I just about prefer Markieff Morris as a PF the Magic could go after.
jsa
Junior
And1: 70

Post#4 » by jsa » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:20 pm

While Anderson is considerably better than Frye, if you could get a 6-15 pick away he goes
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#5 » by Damkac » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:48 pm

For top 5 protected pick from Orlando? Yes, don't think the difference between Anderson and Frye is worth so much. And with rising cap Channing's contract dosen't looks so terrible. Right now players on long term contracts have more value than expiring players that will demand lots of money.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:41 am

SD2042 wrote:If the Magic were to start off well enough to get into the playoff race, it's possible they might consider such a deal. In a way, I just about prefer Markieff Morris as a PF the Magic could go after.

I've mentioned a deal I think could make some sense over the past few weeks on the Suns board, with Ryan going to Phx, Markieff going to Orlando (they need offense) and Frye going to New Orleans. It makes some sense for all teams. New Orleans would have a down grade, but they could lose Anderson next summer anyway, and Gentry has coached Frye, so maybe he would want him as he is locked in on a good deal (not now but next year it will be) for three years.

For Orlando they get an enormous upgrade so they should send out a pick.

For Phoenix, they get a better player for their system. Kieff and Anderson are probably somewhat similar in value, but Kieff wants out and Orlando could use a scoring PF. Aaron Gordon is a great player, but his weakness is scoring. Markieff's only real strength is scoring, particularly in the last five minutes of games.

I think the deal makes sense. The main holdup would be New Orleans thinking (or maybe knowing) that Anderson was planning on re-signing.
mvpelicans
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#7 » by mvpelicans » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:02 pm

and why u assume that Ryan is going to resign in Phx? Markieff for one year rental?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:06 am

mvpelicans wrote:and why u assume that Ryan is going to resign in Phx? Markieff for one year rental?

Oh, I don't assume...but I would hope. I think because they would pay him whatever it took because they definitely need a good stretch four with two driving guards. Also he would probably love the Suns training staff. Most people like living in Phx too. It's hot, but at least it's dry. He would likely welcome that after New Orleans if humidity bothers him.
simon24
Rookie
And1: 199

Post#9 » by simon24 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:49 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Given the fact that he is only under contract and could leave next summer, would you do a deal like this? Anderson is better than Frye but if you get a pick out of it too and a pretty good stretch 4 who has been coached by Gentry to the WCF, it could work out well. Gentry knows how good Frye is in the pick-n-pop game and would know how to run those plays as well.

I can't see Anderson leaving NO. He seems loyal to NO. I doubt ORL would need to do such a deal with so much young talent on their roster on good contracts and the cap rising plus Fyre and Harris are cousins.
dive135
Junior
And1: 227

Post#10 » by dive135 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:41 pm

I think the question for NO really is if Anderson is the right long term answer as a backup for AD, or if his durability issues and his defensive deficiencies and are to high. With that said even if Anderson isn't the right option, I don't think the trade makes sense. For NO, they really need to start putting win now pieces around AD, they can't afford to keep trying to build thought the draft and continuing to lose year after year. So moving their backup PF, for another similar but older player and a draft pick just doesn't really make sense, thought Frye does seem a bit more durable, being 32, you could start seeing more issues with age.
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#11 » by EAS Law » Wed Nov 4, 2015 4:26 am

Ryan was one of my favorite players his first go-round with the Magic. Channing has been somewhat of a joke on our boards. I'd imagine most over on the Orlando side would say yes especially with the 1st rounder. We do, however, value our future cap flexibility. Otis smith handcuffing us while we had Dwight sort of had a lasting effect, plus we still don't have "That Guy" yet to carry the offense.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans