Boston consolidates their picks with New Orleans

Moderator: bwgood77

sportscrazy
General Manager
And1: 727

Boston consolidates their picks with New Orleans 

Post#1 » by sportscrazy » Fri Jun 3, 2016 9:54 am

How many of Boston's 2016 draft picks would it take for the Pelicans to deal the 6th Overall Pick in a pick swap?
Disclaimer: Trades I post shouldn't make you stressed or angry if you disagree. If you say it's unproductive because it won't happen and we're only allowed to post deals that actually happen, it takes away 99% of trades here and the fun out of the board.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Re: Boston consolidates their picks with New Orleans 

Post#2 » by pelifan » Sun Jun 5, 2016 4:23 am

sportscrazy wrote:How many of Boston's 2016 draft picks would it take for the Pelicans to deal the 6th Overall Pick in a pick swap?

All of them wouldn't be enough.

It would take a future brooklyn pick. As seen last year, it takes a lot to trade up in a top heavy draft
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#3 » by cl2117 » Mon Jun 6, 2016 5:18 pm

pelifan wrote:
sportscrazy wrote:How many of Boston's 2016 draft picks would it take for the Pelicans to deal the 6th Overall Pick in a pick swap?

It would take a future brooklyn pick. As seen last year, it takes a lot to trade up in a top heavy draft

What if they offered something like #15,#16, #19 and#23?

Would that be enough or are we at diminishing returns due to it being 4 picks in the same draft?
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#4 » by pelifan » Tue Jun 7, 2016 1:54 am

cl2117 wrote:
pelifan wrote:

Would that be enough or are we at diminishing returns due to it being 4 picks in the same draft?

Value is obviously there. I just don't think it's realistic for the Pelicans to bring in 6 rookies to camp.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:31 pm

pelifan wrote:
cl2117 wrote:
pelifan wrote:

Value is obviously there. I just don't think it's realistic for the Pelicans to bring in 6 rookies to camp.

It's tough because I'm not completely enamored with anyone after about the top 3, but I think there are a lot of somewhat intriguing players that will probably go late teens to early 20s. I mean you could potentially get one PF who drops like a Sabonis, maybe a guy like Valentine drops, or one of Baldwin, Dejounte Murray.

You could theoretically take your top guy at each position.

For example, DX has Luwawu at 15, Korkmaz at 16, Sabonis at 17, Hernangomez at 19, Valentine at 23. I think to get four out of these five guys would be pretty sweet, rather than getting one guy at 6 who is by no means a sure thing.

or if you want a C, Damian Jones and Zizic are at 21 and 22..there are a bunch of foreign guys in the mid 20s that sound interesting.

Edit: Scratch that, Boston doesn't own 15 or 19. Denver does. I almost posted that in the trade forum before double checking if they owned all those picks.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#6 » by cl2117 » Wed Jun 8, 2016 9:25 am

bwgood77 wrote:
pelifan wrote:
cl2117 wrote:What if they offered something like #15,#16, #19 and#23?

It's tough because I'm not completely enamored with anyone after about the top 3, but I think there are a lot of somewhat intriguing players that will probably go late teens to early 20s. I mean you could potentially get one PF who drops like a Sabonis, maybe a guy like Valentine drops, or one of Baldwin, Dejounte Murray.

You could theoretically take your top guy at each position.

For example, DX has Luwawu at 15, Korkmaz at 16, Sabonis at 17, Hernangomez at 19, Valentine at 23. I think to get four out of these five guys would be pretty sweet, rather than getting one guy at 6 who is by no means a sure thing.

or if you want a C, Damian Jones and Zizic are at 21 and 22..there are a bunch of foreign guys in the mid 20s that sound interesting.

Edit: Scratch that, Boston doesn't own 15 or 19. Denver does. I almost posted that in the trade forum before double checking if they owned all those picks.

It was part of an idea I had about trying to trade back from #3 to #7. C's pick up #15 and #19 from Denver in the process and combine that with #16 and #23 to be able to move up and draft at #6 and #7.

I ended up thinking that 4 picks in the same draft would end up just not being enough for the Pelicans because it's awkward. But if NOP would be on board, Nuggets fans didn't seem to opposed to the idea. I think most Boston fans wouldn't like it, but if Ainge could turn one of those picks into Noel/Okafor plus draft say Hield at #7? I'd be well on board. Even if they can't, unless they're taking Bender at #3, I'd rather two cracks at #6 and #7 than just one of say Murray/Dunn.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans