Davis trade to Denver

Moderator: bwgood77

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Davis trade to Denver 

Post#1 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:28 pm

Theoretical --- Davis -for- Nurkic + Faried + Gallinari + Barton + Memphis 2017 first round

Some Denver folk might think that's a little high but Davis is certainly worth it.

What do you think?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,804

Re: Davis trade to Denver 

Post#2 » by Prez » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:49 pm

This isn't even remotely close for Davis.
Fade2And1
Freshman
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Fade2And1 » Mon Aug 1, 2016 1:53 am

Davis's eyebrow looks like pelicans wings. He cannot be traded.
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#4 » by pelifan » Mon Aug 1, 2016 6:24 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Theoretical --- Davis -for- Nurkic + Faried + Gallinari + Barton + Memphis 2017 first round

Some Denver folk might think that's a little high but Davis is certainly worth it.

What do you think?

I think Denver folk are very sheltered.

If you want a less laughable no, it would have to be Jokic, Nurkic, Mudiay, Murray, and 2 firsts. And surprise surprise still a no.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 1, 2016 2:49 pm

pelifan wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Theoretical --- Davis -for- Nurkic + Faried + Gallinari + Barton + Memphis 2017 first round

What do you think?

If you want a less laughable no, it would have to be Jokic, Nurkic, Mudiay, Murray, and 2 firsts. And surprise surprise still a no.

Actually, my offer was based on the fact that everyone else seems to want to trade for Nuggets players. I'm not surprised the Pelicans say no. I thought I'd toss it out there because of the postings on the Pelicans board where they were talking about Davis will want to leave. Carmelo Anthony forced his way out of Denver. Davis just might do it to New Orleans.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#6 » by Indomitable » Mon Aug 1, 2016 8:05 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
pelifan wrote:

What do you think?

Actually, my offer was based on the fact that everyone else seems to want to trade for Nuggets players. I'm not surprised the Pelicans say no. I thought I'd toss it out there because of the postings on the Pelicans board where they were talking about Davis will want to leave. Carmelo Anthony forced his way out of Denver. Davis just might do it to New Orleans.

Davis is under contract for 4 years. Why would NO want your mediocre trash?
:banghead:
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 1, 2016 9:26 pm

Indomitable wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
pelifan wrote:

Maybe because that so-call mediocre trash beat your precious Pelicans
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#8 » by bondom34 » Mon Aug 1, 2016 10:09 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
Indomitable wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Actually, my offer was based on the fact that everyone else seems to want to trade for Nuggets players. I'm not surprised the Pelicans say no. I thought I'd toss it out there because of the postings on the Pelicans board where they were talking about Davis will want to leave. Carmelo Anthony forced his way out of Denver. Davis just might do it to New Orleans.

A Bulls fan posted that. :-?
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 1, 2016 11:09 pm

bondom34 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
Indomitable wrote:Davis is under contract for 4 years. Why would NO want your mediocre trash?

A Bulls fan posted that. :-?

Oops, didn't look - but the way the Pelican fans responded on their wall, it sounded just like them - maybe he's a transplant? :lol:
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#10 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 3, 2016 4:39 am

What do you think?

I know that they have different laws for weed in Colorado, but that's not "a little high," that's straight-up, John Denver Rocky Mountain High!

I like Nurkic as a foundational piece for this trade (of course, I'm a sucker for Central/Eastern/Southern European players). The rest doesn't do anything for me when it comes to a guy like Davis. You'll need to send at minimum a couple more first round picks
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 3, 2016 4:58 am

Mr. E wrote:

What do you think?

I know that they have different laws for weed in Colorado, but that's not "a little high," that's straight-up, John Denver Rocky Mountain High!

I like Nurkic as a foundational piece for this trade (of course, I'm a sucker for Central/Eastern/Southern European players). The rest doesn't do anything for me when it comes to a guy like Davis. You'll need to send at minimum a couple more first round picks

Sorry, not interested. The Pelican fans on their board and one over here convinced me that I'm not interested in engaging in conversation with them. I do appreciate your reasonable response though. I day ago, I would have agreed with you. Have a nice day.

Oh yeah, the NuggetsWY - indicates WY where weed is still illegal and besides, I haven't smoked any since the early 1970s.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#12 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 3, 2016 5:15 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Mr. E wrote:

What do you think?

Sorry, not interested. The Pelican fans on their board and one over here convinced me that I'm not interested in engaging in conversation with them. I do appreciate your reasonable response though. I day ago, I would have agreed with you. Have a nice day.

Oh yeah, the NuggetsWY - indicates WY where weed is still illegal and besides, I haven't smoked any since the early 1970s.

I appreciate your response and I'm sorry that the conversation didn't work out in a positive way for you. I was trying to be a little light-hearted with my reply.

I was actually concerned that using a John Denver reference might go over some younger poster's heads! :lol:

I've spent some time in Wyoming. Rawlins for a little bit and Green River more recently. I've been all along that lower 1/3 of the state. Someday I'll have to venture farther north!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 3, 2016 2:23 pm

Mr. E wrote:I appreciate your response and I'm sorry that the conversation didn't work out in a positive way for you. I was trying to be a little light-hearted with my reply.

I was actually concerned that using a John Denver reference might go over some younger poster's heads! :lol:

I've spent some time in Wyoming. Rawlins for a little bit and Green River more recently. I've been all along that lower 1/3 of the state. Someday I'll have to venture farther north!

I caught the "light-hearted" John Denver reference. As you surmised, I'm not a youngster. :nod: Rawlins & Green River and that area can be very nice. I'm actually over in Cheyenne, but I've traveled almost every inch of Wyoming and just love it here. We actually used to live in the Denver area, but when I became (Please Use More Appropriate Word) (or just before that), we decided to move to a more rural area. We are close enough to enjoy the benefits but we live on a dirt road outside of Cheyenne. What a great life!

What the Pelicans idiots don't seem to realize is that nobody with a player that matches Davis is going to trade their star for Davis and basically, all they have is Davis. Trading for several starters/decent bench players is the only way they are going to make the playoffs, unless they are willing to follow Denver's lead and patiently build through the draft. Not trading for Davis, isn't a bad thing for Denver. I think we're still a couple years away from needing to worry about gathering a couple of all-stars, but it doesn't hurt to consider one now and frankly, Davis is about the only serious talent that is even remotely available. Denver can offer multiple players and multiple picks (and only a few players would be off-limits).

But I do understand why they wouldn't want to trade Davis. It's sorta' like Houston and Harden. I'm not a Harden fan, but with his scoring ability, it would be very hard to let him go without getting some serious talent back - but what team will make that trade?
pelifan
RealGM

Post#14 » by pelifan » Thu Aug 4, 2016 2:33 am

NuggetsWY wrote:What the Pelicans idiots don't seem to realize is that nobody with a player that matches Davis is going to trade their star for Davis and basically, all they have is Davis. Trading for several starters/decent bench players is the only way they are going to make the playoffs, unless they are willing to follow Denver's lead and patiently build through the draft. Not trading for Davis, isn't a bad thing for Denver. I think we're still a couple years away from needing to worry about gathering a couple of all-stars, but it doesn't hurt to consider one now and frankly, Davis is about the only serious talent that is even remotely available. Denver can offer multiple players and multiple picks (and only a few players would be off-limits).

But I do understand why they wouldn't want to trade Davis. It's sorta' like Houston and Harden. I'm not a Harden fan, but with his scoring ability, it would be very hard to let him go without getting some serious talent back - but what team will make that trade?

Didn't the Pelicans make the playoffs in 2015?

Who do you consider serious talent, because you talk, and value Davis like he's just all-star worthy. But saying he's the only serious talent remotely available says otherwise. Butler, Westbrook, Blake and DMC aren't serious talents?

Also which players match Davis? Why would we want to trade Davis exactly? And why would we be looking for another player exactly like Davis when we already have Davis? Why would we want to follow Denver's model, so that in 5 years from now, after trading Davis, we can start looking for another Davis?

I'm confused, but it's probably because I'm a Pelicans idiot.

Had a bunch of other comments, but I had to delete them. I'm curious if all Nuggets fans think like you.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#15 » by old rem » Sun Sep 4, 2016 1:25 pm

Stars get traded...seldom when young and with plenty of contract left. Were the Pels to consider a deal....I doubt they look to Denver. Denver isn't better and won't have the headliner it would take. Then.....how would Davis feel about whatever trade? By the time Denver pays big.. there's nothing much left. He's still on a team battling for an 8 seed.

While I DOUBT the Pels at this point would discuss anything... if a guy like Cousins or B Griffin was on the table... that at least gets you to look at the details. Later... when Free Agency is closer.. that's different.
CENSORED... No comment.
Mr Gametime
Junior
And1: 117

Post#16 » by Mr Gametime » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:56 pm

This is a pretty good package for Davis even though I don't know why New Orleans would ever want to trade him. This gives the team a lot of depth with two potential 6xth man coming off the bench and a 1st round pick.

Rotation looks like this...

PG Holiday, Evans
SG Hield, Evans, Barton
SF Gallinari, Barton, Evans
PF Faried, Jones
C Nurkic, Asik
When the rich rob the poor it's called business, when the poor fight back it's called violence.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#17 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:50 pm

I'm actually interested in what it would take to get Davis from y'all. He's an incredible talent when healthy.

What if Jazz offered:
Derrick Favors (extended)
Rodney Hood
Trey Lyles
Raul Neto
And two 1st round picks of your choosing.

Where does that get us?
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
pelifan
RealGM

Post#18 » by pelifan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:35 am

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:I'm actually interested in what it would take to get Davis from y'all. He's an incredible talent when healthy.

What if Jazz offered:
Rodney Hood
Trey Lyles
Raul Neto

Where does that get us?

The back of the line.
Goner
Pro Prospect
And1: 695

Post#19 » by Goner » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:38 am

pelifan wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:I'm actually interested in what it would take to get Davis from y'all. He's an incredible talent when healthy.

What if Jazz offered:
Rodney Hood
Trey Lyles
Raul Neto

Where does that get us?

The back of the line.

You mean just ahead of BRK?
pelifan
RealGM

Post#20 » by pelifan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:37 am

Goner wrote:
pelifan wrote:

What if Jazz offered:
Rodney Hood
Trey Lyles
Raul Neto

Where does that get us?

The back of the line.

You mean just ahead of BRK?

please, Brooklyn is off eating glue somewhere and doesn't even know where the line is.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans