Please confirm true false

Moderator: bwgood77

CJE
Sophomore
And1: 0

Please confirm true false 

Post#1 » by CJE » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:31 am

Rumor on Bulls board of Ben Gordon trade to NO. I think it is a dumb trade from Bulls perspective. Since no one is discussing it here I think it is a false rumor but just want to see if anyone here has heard differently.
tyrissius
Senior
And1: 1

Post#2 » by tyrissius » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:10 am

southampton
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#3 » by southampton » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:09 am

i post on hornets report, and well that site has a history of a lot of inside sources, however there have been a few fakes too, i say wait and see, if you check hornetsreport.com tommorow, im sure harvey hornet(trusted known insider on that site) will have his say, and will have his say on the rumur, for now, its just wait and see
New Orleans - Viable NBA Market
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#4 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:55 am

This Bulls fan is skeptical of Paxson actually making a trade. As my sig shows, there is not one player on the deal that was actually acquired in a trade for another player. Paxson has made no in-season trade in over 4 years & no trade of any kind in 2 years.

Yet this one seems to make sense for both teams & it makes sense from a financial angle for the bulls - and that drives most of their moves.

If NO gets Gordon, they can test drive him for 3 months. No team has the assets to sign him outright - so next season it's either the Qual Offer or a sign & trade. Hornets are not "renting" a player if they get him. He'll either stay or bring a return via sign & trade.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#5 » by 2poor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:39 pm

I hope its a rumor.

I like Ben Gordon, but think it'd be stupid to unload all our young and tradeable assets to get him...just to have him walk in a few months.
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#6 » by Dieselbound&Down » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:00 pm

edited

Sorry, posted in wrong thread.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:07 pm

Deal appears dead. Quote is from Harvey Hornet.

(However, no one will sign Gordon outright & NO would almost surely be able to sign & trade if they cant reach an agreement on extension.)

As far as I can tell, the Gordon/Griffin for Hilton/Julian/Rasual/#1 is not going to go down.

Gordon is strictly a rental player to us. That is way too high of a price to pay for Gordon...and it's not like Griffin makes it worth while.

IF the Hornets reach a deal with Chicago, it will NOT be for this kind of ransom. At least thats where things stand right now.

I seriously doubt the Hornets are going to give up Hilton too. He has been playing well and is developing. He's responding to Scott's coaching and demands. Unless something fantastic fell in our laps, I can't imagine moving Hilton.

Miller is a guy the Hornets like, but like I've been saying for a couple of weeks...Memphis does not want to give him up unless they get a killer deal. Miller fits their long term plans...and isn't crazy expensive. Memphis wants to move guards.

We are in a tough spot. We want to make something happen, but our parts or the parts we want aren't matching up...right now. A lot can change in a week, but today, making a deal for either Gordon or Miller looks to be very difficult. If we somehow get Gordon, it will be because Chicago accepts reasonable value for a what is no more than a rental player.
- -- Chinese proverb
TheCardinal20
Junior
And1: 20

Post#8 » by TheCardinal20 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:06 pm

What is the general opinion regarding Julian at this point? I love Ben Gordon, and feel he is a player that will contribute to a championship level team some day, but if he wants out, so be it...
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#9 » by 2poor » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:24 pm

General opinion from the Hornets?

He's near untouchable unless a reaaaally good deal comes along. Same nearly applies for Hilton.

They're pretty fond of their youngsters, even if the stats might not be indicative of that.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#10 » by NO-KG-AI » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:59 pm

I do like Ben Gordon more than most, but his only real issue is that he can't guard 2 guards, so he and Chris wouldn't be as effective as say he and Hinrich.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
sarah42
Starter
And1: 2

Post#11 » by sarah42 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 am

i concur with no-kg-ai...the small backcourt didn't work in chicago, an even smaller backcourt in new orleans is going to work?

insanity! he'll be better with a good handler beside him thats tall, that covers for his shaky ball handling abilities. so he can guard smaller point guards. problem is, not to many of those players exist. that is why ultimately, gordon is the ideal 6th man. he's just to short. and doesn't realize it and the fact that enormous contract may never come his way again.

why are so many wanting a trade. did we fall out of the playoffs...oh no, we are number 1 50 games into the season...i guess everyone still believes we will miss the playoffs again this season! :roll:

i see a lot of insecure hornets fans because of all these trades.
inmate347 wrote:
BTW, I still maintain that the 1984 Denver Broncos are Lebron's father
sarah42
Starter

Post#12 » by sarah42 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:36 am

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?topic=762459

look at the picture in that thread. it confirms what i believe about gordon..well its kinda harsh, but you'll get the point!
inmate347 wrote:
2poor
RealGM

Post#13 » by 2poor » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:53 pm

You liken BG to a midget bodybuilder? :lol:
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:56 pm

BG is in great shape. Look at his muscles. However, they are not really needed for a SG.
- -- Chinese proverb
sarah42
Starter

Post#15 » by sarah42 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:44 am

no i didn't. someone else did on the bulls board.

its still made me laugh so i thought i'd share!
inmate347 wrote:
Illuminati
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#16 » by Illuminati » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:47 am

Sarah42, where are you?
sarah42
Starter

Post#17 » by sarah42 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:51 am

Illuminati wrote:Sarah42, where are you?

if what you have to say is going to get you suspended, its not worth it.

i hope it ain't negative.

i'm pretty sure you are a utah fan, so in that case, i heart dwill and the boozer.

and okur is kinda hot...don't be like that **** Craig McDermott. :P
inmate347 wrote:
Illuminati
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#18 » by Illuminati » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:47 pm

sarah42 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

if what you have to say is going to get you suspended, its not worth it.

i hope it ain't negative.

i'm pretty sure you are a utah fan, so in that case, i heart dwill and the boozer.

and okur is kinda hot...don't be like that **** Craig McDermott. :P

It's nothing negative. I got suspended on the Raptors board for unknowingly assuming you were a male. Remember when I asked, "Are you a homosexual?" I know that 'Sarah' is a female name, but ... lol I don't know, it didn't seem like a stupid question to ask at the time. I've seen dudes register under the username 'Jennifer_Lopez'

At the time, I never viewed it as being offensive. If it offended you I'm sorry.

Craig Mcdermott is a very cool weirdo...? Where did you run into him?
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:32 pm

Do you guys think the Hornets will re-consider & do the Bulter, Wright, Armastrong & #1 for Gordon & Griffin?

They have had a weekend to think about it - and Dallas is almost certainly getting Kidd.

If not, do you see a Gordon for Butler, (Wright OR Armstrong), & #1 for Gordon alone? Apparently that was the original deal until Bulls tried to expand it.
- -- Chinese proverb
2poor
RealGM

Post#20 » by 2poor » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:33 pm

I don't see the Hornets offering the Bulls more than a bag of peanuts unless they know they can retain Gordon.

...or at least I HOPE

Return to New Orleans Pelicans