Moderator: bwgood77

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,892
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#21 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:03 pm

jerrod wrote:this is stunning to me, i think bonzi will be great for you guys

i feel the opposite about james though, what's the deal with pargo? not good or not a pg?

Pargo was playing better than Jackson for the most part, and he's that type of player.

Mike James will be sent home quickly if he starts complaining and such, Byron Scott doesn't play that Sh*t.

Bonzi brings toughness on the wings that we really need, he's got the type of game where you can know he can come in if 1 of the shooters is cold, and bang some bodies around.

I think any wing player that isn't Peja is just keeping the seat warm for Julian Wright, probably next season.

I think Bonzi is just the type of player we needed right now, and we didn't really lose anything.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
The Answer!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,006

Post#22 » by The Answer! » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:15 pm

Wow, talk about adding some scoring punch to the bench! Great trade for us down the stretch. And for those of you wondering:

Bonzi Wells

2007-08: $2,284,200

Mike James

2007-08: $5,826,893
2008-09: $6,244,083
2009-10: $6,466,600 (Player option)
thetennisyao
Head Coach
And1: 0

Post#23 » by thetennisyao » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:40 pm

omg....I hate this trade...i want bonzi back
YouTube Houston Rockets Group

I am looking for Jarhead. Send me pm if you know where he is. Thanks in advance.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#24 » by vtime » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:50 pm

1#Don_IguoDalembert#9 wrote:i hate you guys for this trade. what the hell is going on in the nba. pau gasol was traded for only bull**** players, same with kidd now (after the trade conditions were changed), same with kurt thomas and spurs.

damn, you trade bobby jackson for mike james (who is the same type of player like jackson) AND bonzi wells who can grab easily 10+ boards if he wants. the thing about him is that he's a strong body. i really dont understand this trade... something is going on in the nba, the recent trades makes no sense at all. only for one side... seems like stern advices teams to make other teams (who are more popular) better :noway:

i'm so pissed of the nuggets can't make such a deal :noway:

The deals are one sided because you have one good team and one bad team. The contending teams are trying to keep up and gain advantage while the bad teams are trimming salary and trying to get prospects for the future. Its not a conspiracy, its strategy and with the media all over everything and the expansion of information accessible to fans, the trades are more in demand by the public so they are more frequent now.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#25 » by DraftBoy10 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:04 am

Bonzi's going to do good you know why?

He wants his $$. It's going to really benefit you guys right now, and he's really going to be a mean machine inside, but whenever the season ends for the Hornets, he's walking.
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#26 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:22 am

Great deal for you guys. This will give you a very good scoring punch off the bench.
Texas Longhorns
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#27 » by Texas Longhorns » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:57 am

You guys definitely got better. I don't think Mike James will do anything for you guys though because he cannot shoot the ball. Hopefully that changes for you guys and have a great second half of the season.
- Vince Young - Kevin Durant - LaMarcus Aldrige - T.J. Ford - D.J. Augustin
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,235

Post#28 » by luciano-davidwesley » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:25 am

I think there is a good chance we lose Bonzi this year, but talent-wise, we make out.

The James contract is a little concerning though.
Mr.BattierMVP
Junior
And1: 3

Post#29 » by Mr.BattierMVP » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:19 pm

Mike James is useless. He was seriously the worst player on the Rockets. Bonzi has a ton of talent but sometimes plays out of his game and could care less about defense. Good trade no doubt though for yall. Well see what we can do with BJax contract next season..
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#30 » by 2poor » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:47 pm

luciano-davidwesley wrote:The James contract is a little concerning though.

Comes off the books when CP3 will be needing his extension though... :D
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#31 » by tha_rock220 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:01 pm

2poor wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Comes off the books when CP3 will be needing his extension though... :D

Only if he plays for the qualifying offer in 2010. Good trade for you guys though. You'll need him to stand against the Spurs in the playoffs.
KiDdFrESh
General Manager
And1: 46

Post#32 » by KiDdFrESh » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:30 pm

I thought it was a good trade for the Rockets. Mike James fell off big time and the Rockets got rid of his contract. Plus Jackson knows RA's system.

I wasnt too high on Bonzi. He can be a good player if he wants to be but I think we got tired off easy misses near the basket, grabbing his own rebound and then missing another lay up. LOL... I'm sure he'll benifit from playing with Chris Paul.
Golabki
General Manager
And1: 1,058

Post#33 » by Golabki » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:13 pm

The biggest problem with the NOH in my mind is the lack of any kind of big off the bench. Armstrng and Ely are trash. Wright isn't ready. PJ Brown would have helped, but he is now in Boston.

Bonzi is obviously short for the 4, but he has always rebounded well. I could imagine Bonzi as a sort of 'poor mans Marion', a wing that can defend the post and rebound well enough to play the 4.

Does anyone on the board see this trade as a way of solving bench big problem, or is it just about getting a slashing G/F?
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,892
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#34 » by NO-KG-AI » Sat Mar 1, 2008 1:05 am

Hilton and Ely are fine off the bench for now, Hilton's confidence is growing, and Melvin is a nice scoring threat. Rebounding and defense isn't/wasn't really an issue off the bench, it was inconsistent offense mostly.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"

Return to New Orleans Pelicans