Hornets acquire Bonzi Wells & Mike James

Moderator: bwgood77

hornets686
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Hornets acquire Bonzi Wells & Mike James 

Post#1 » by hornets686 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:29 am

Houston Chronicle wrote:Image Image Image The Houston Rockets are set to send Bonzi Wells and Mike James to New Orleans for Bobby Jackson, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.

The deal has grown into a three team trade, the report indicates, with Memphis being involved but not appearing to be a major player. The trade has been submitted to the league, pending approval.

The Rockets will also receive rookie guard Adam Haluska and either their own or New Orleans' second-round pick, whichever is greater.

Memphis will receive forward Marcus Vinicius.

[color=gold]
>:oPut this in your profile if your pissed that the Duke Lacrosse team didn't invite you to their party.
GhostRaider2007
Junior

Post#2 » by GhostRaider2007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:33 am

Yahoo Sports is now reporting this rumored trade with some changes to it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/nba_experts/post/Rockets-sending-Wells-to-Hornets-;_ylt=As7qGjHGQhT2e.mgl_CLio28vLYF?urn=nba,67831

Rockets sending Wells to Hornets?

By Adrian Wojnarowski

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 11:37 pm EST

The New Orleans Hornets have been determined to get Chris Paul a backup that'll ease his burden, fearful that he is logging just too many minutes this season.

For that reason, the Hornets are seriously considering a trade with the Houston Rockets that would bring point guard Mike James and Bonzi Wells to New Orleans for Bobby Jackson, Adam Haluska and Marcus Vinicius, two league sources said Wednesday night.

The emergence of rookies Aaron Brooks and Carl Landry have made James and Wells expendable in Houston. Jackson has struggled this season for the Hornets, and Haluska and Vinicius are rookie forwards who haven't cracked the rotation.
GhostRaider2007
Junior

Post#3 » by GhostRaider2007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:01 am

The Houston Chronicle is reporting this now as a done deal:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5557975.html

Rockets get Bobby Jackson for Wells, James

By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

The Rockets reached agreement on a deal that will send Bonzi Wells and Mike James to New Orleans to get guard Bobby Jackson, individuals with knowledge of the talks said.

The deal, which has grown to include minor involvement of the Memphis Grizzlies, is pending league approval, with a conference call is scheduled for today for the NBA to review the trade.

The Rockets will make the move to add Jackson as a veteran point guard to play behind Rafer Alston, sending Wells to the first-place Hornets while getting New Orleans to take on the two seasons and $12.7 million remaining on James' contract after this season.

Jackson is signed for $6.1 million through next season, potentially offering the Rockets the roster flexibility they did not have this season.

The Rockets will also receive rookie guard Adam Haluska and either their own or New Orleans' second-round pick, whichever is greater. They had previously been sending next season's second-round pick to Seattle to complete the trade for the pick they used to draft Carl Landry in the 2007 Draft.

Memphis will receive forward Marcus Vinicius
AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#4 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:03 am

wow, Bonzi Wells >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bobby Jackson.

dudeis a baller.
HitMan52
Starter
And1: 33

Re: Hornets / Rockets Trade??? 

Post#5 » by HitMan52 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 am

hornets686 wrote:New Orleans Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +3.5 ppg, +2.2 rpg, and +0.8 apg.
Incoming Players
Mike James
Bonzi Wells

Outgoing Players
Bobby Jackson
Rasual Butler

Houston Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -3.5 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and -0.8 apg.
Incoming Players
Bobby Jackson
Rasual Butler

Outgoing Players
Mike James
Bonzi Wells

I guess we'd go after Chris Andersen if he's reinstated...

Chandler/Armstrong
West/Andersen/Ely
Peja/Bowen
Mo Pete/Wells
Paul/Pargo/James

Wells can also play small forward and he is good down in the low block.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#6 » by theGreatRC » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:43 am

Dang, you guys got Bonzi Wells, who is finally back in shape to play 100% basketball and no more injured bs.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
gold_leader64
Pro Prospect
And1: 256

Post#7 » by gold_leader64 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:32 am

TheNext23? wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Wells can also play small forward and he is good down in the low block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uca66cK-WrA

Back in 06 before his groin injury, right before going to Houston...
CJballa14
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by CJballa14 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:43 am

i hate yall...
Yao Ming Fan boys annoy me...
Tracy McGrady fan boys annoy me...
Steve Francis fan boys annoy me...
GO ROCKETS!
aznkillabeezZz
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#9 » by aznkillabeezZz » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:03 am

I'm just wondering can Bjax still ball? or is he too old?

He still has some game doesn't he?
AnDrOiDKing4
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#10 » by AnDrOiDKing4 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:05 am

gold_leader64 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uca66cK-WrA

Back in 06 before his groin injury, right before going to Houston...
Even though the Kings lost 4-2, it was amazing series. he was murdering the Spurs, we where actually in that series because of Bonzi Wells and Artest.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,034
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#11 » by NO-KG-AI » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:11 am

BJax just went off on Dallas tonight. Thing is, Pargo has been better this season, and is basically the same type of sparkplug, but younger and more explosive to the basket.

Still love Bobby though, hustles his ass off, can heat up quickly, and still can D up.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Don_eMOCION#31
Rookie

Post#12 » by Don_eMOCION#31 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:50 am

i hate you guys for this trade. what the hell is going on in the nba. pau gasol was traded for only bull**** players, same with kidd now (after the trade conditions were changed), same with kurt thomas and spurs.

damn, you trade bobby jackson for mike james (who is the same type of player like jackson) AND bonzi wells who can grab easily 10+ boards if he wants. the thing about him is that he's a strong body. i really dont understand this trade... something is going on in the nba, the recent trades makes no sense at all. only for one side... seems like stern advices teams to make other teams (who are more popular) better :noway:

i'm so pissed of the nuggets can't make such a deal :noway:
German Denver Nuggets Blog! http://basketball-blogs.de/nuggets/
Alex_De_Large
Lead Assistant
And1: 45

Post#13 » by Alex_De_Large » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:32 am

mike james is trash, but also bobby is right now.

u guys are very lucky, u are good, but now very good because morey wants the hornets to get better.

paul-pedja-wells-west-chandler with peterson as a 6th man.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#14 » by A.J. » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:41 pm

you guys are so lucky, now i gotta make a bobby jackson sig
jking
Junior
And1: 4

Post#15 » by jking » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:45 pm

any thoughts on Wells starting at SG?? Mo-Pete wasn't doing anything special with the gig, especially recently, he only played 13 min last night. I think Mo-Pete should come off the bench now, start Bonzi.......
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#16 » by 2poor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:00 pm

jking wrote:any thoughts on Wells starting at SG?? Mo-Pete wasn't doing anything special with the gig, especially recently, he only played 13 min last night. I think Mo-Pete should come off the bench now, start Bonzi.......

Maybe, but not right away.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#17 » by Copperhead » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:31 pm

When I heard about this late last night I didn't know what to think about it. I still don't actually. But most people are saying this favors the Hornets so that is making me feel a little better about it. I've never been a real fan of Mike James and sometimes Bonzi appears to have 'issues'. Hopefully this will be a good move that translates into wins. I want the trade deadline to be over with. :lol:
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#18 » by 2poor » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:45 pm

IMO this is a low risk/high reward deal.

We all knew Bobby was going (and had to go).

I see Bonzi as a Desmond Mason who doesn't suck.

Mike James, who cares really. His contract comes off the books when CP3 will be needing his extension. He COULD be decent, he COULD be a disaster, who knows. I don't think this team will allow him to be a distraction if it gets to that point; the other thing is that James has typically been known as an egotistical guy who complains when he doesn't get minutes he feels he should be getting.

Now let me ask you, is there a single PG in the NBA who honestly thinks he deserves more minutes than Chris Paul? :lol:

I think we'll be alright. Worst case, they have no impact. Best case, they do. They aren't going to "ruin" chemistry or anything like that...this team isn't that mentally frail.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#19 » by jerrod » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:05 pm

this is stunning to me, i think bonzi will be great for you guys

i feel the opposite about james though, what's the deal with pargo? not good or not a pg?
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#20 » by Downtown » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:06 pm

Sonics fan here from Vancouver. Two seasons ago I watched as Mike James had a career year for Toronto. The guy flat out was spectacular. But he turned into the classic case of a player working his butt off in a negotiating year. Once he got his money he slipped. The question isn't whether he's good enough. In my opinion he's better than Jackson. But the real question is will he be motivated with a change in scenery?

Bonzi Wells has come up with some very big games in the playoffs in his career. The way I see it you guys added good depth and playoff experience.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans