Bread and Butter Play

Moderator: bwgood77

crackjack
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Bread and Butter Play 

Post#1 » by crackjack » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:28 am

Immediately after hearing that the Hornets picked up Wells, I started thinking about how he would fit into the offensive scheme.

I really think that by the time the playoffs come around, Wells will be involved in one of the bread and butter plays for the Hornets.

Bonzi on the Block

It's a really basic play, but with Wells' ability to score down low, I think it could help the Hornets win a couple of games.

Your thoughts?
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Looks solid to me.

Hornets tried to run similar sets with Mason last year, unfortunately he's not as good as he thinks he is on the block, nor was he surrounded with shooters. The other issue Mason had is that he was generally a black hole on offense, ball would go down to him on the block and wouldn't come back out. That sort of play design relies heavily on the unselfish nature of those touching the ball.

Hornets all season long have had exceptional ball movement, not forcing a ton of shots and not panicking when the shot clock was nearing 0. Bonzi needs to share the same unselfish attitude...or he won't find much PT.

If Bonzi is on board, Chris Paul can make life a lot easier on him.
crackjack
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#3 » by crackjack » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:28 pm

True.

Mason isn't nearly as good of a post up player as Wells is. Actually, Wells is a top 5 post up guard in the league.
jerrod
RealGM
And1: 133
Location: The Berkeley of the midwest/ born with the intent/ to distress any government/ right of the left

Post#4 » by jerrod » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:16 pm

man, you guys should have seen the hookshot dez was in love with early in the year.

crazy looking shot but he'd have stretches where he'd make them and the rest of the bucks would look on in shock

anyways, sounds like a good play to me, especially in the slowed down playoffs

Return to New Orleans Pelicans