PJ nearing his return home?

Moderator: bwgood77

2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

PJ nearing his return home? 

Post#1 » by 2poor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:29 pm

:pray:

SI.com wrote:Perhaps the most surprising development is that Brown, a 38-year-old power forward who has been living in Louisiana since finishing out his contract with the Bulls last season, has backed off his previous decision to stay retired and is now seriously mulling an offer to join an NBA team.

The Hornets are widely assumed to be the front-runner, but the Suns, Mavs, Spurs and Celtics also could be in the hunt. Bartelstein, who also represents Brown, would not specify which teams had made offers, but he did say Brown had undergone a change of heart and was now weighing his NBA options.

link

Hoopworld wrote:The New Orleans Hornets appear the frontrunner to sign the former Hornet according to multiple media outlets. The Hornets, who currently have 13 players under contract, have apparently had discussions with Brown's agent Mark Bartelstein in recent weeks. Brown
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,878

Post#2 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:41 pm

May be joining the Celtics.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... d_bro.html

The Celtics appear to be close to adding free agent forward P.J. Brown to their roster.

Brown's agent, Mark Bartelstein, acknowledged it is "possible" that Brown could be a Celtic soon.

The 38-year-old Brown, who has been courted to return to his home state team, the New Orleans Hornets, has been inactive this season.

The Celtics have two roster spots to fill before Friday's playoff eligible deadline. The Celtics hope to land veteran guard Sam Cassell if he is bought out by the Clippers.

Brown, who has 14 years of experience, would bring needed depth in the frontline. The 6-foot-11 forward is known for his rebounding and tough interior defense. He averages 9.2 points and 7.8 rebounds per game for his career. He also would brings much-needed playoff experience, with 81 games under his belt with the four franchises he has played for, most recently as a member of the Chicago Bulls.
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#3 » by 2poor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:44 pm

Yeah, I saw that. "possible" and "blog" in the same sentence don't usually do much for me though.

Not saying it won't happen, but that could just as easily be lip service.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#4 » by Copperhead » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 pm

So do you guys really think PJ is a really serviceable option? At this age and stage in his life, how much can he contribute on the court? Is he in shape? He hasn't played in a good while. I know anyone would love to have his veteran intangibles but how much can he give a team on the court?
2poor
RealGM

Post#5 » by 2poor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:08 pm

I think he'd do a lot of good mentoring all of the Hornets' young bigs. I think the Celtics would be relying on him logging minutes and being productive though.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#6 » by Copperhead » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:11 pm

2poor wrote:I think he'd do a lot of good mentoring all of the Hornets' young bigs. I think the Celtics would be relying on him logging minutes and being productive though.

Yeah, he could certainly do that.
Celts17Pride
RealGM
And1: 62,878

Post#7 » by Celts17Pride » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:14 pm

Update -

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... tics_blog/

According to a league source, P.J. Brown will sign with the Celtics soon. It is uncertain when the forward will begin practice with the team or play in his first game.
2poor
RealGM

Post#8 » by 2poor » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Birdman it is? :dontknow:
P2
Banned User

Post#9 » by P2 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:46 pm

luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#10 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 am

traitor!