we beat the knicks

Moderator: bwgood77

RobertGlory
Rookie
And1: 4

we beat the knicks 

Post#1 » by RobertGlory » Tue Mar 4, 2008 7:46 am

tonight

i just remembered to turn on the rebroadcast (missed the game while at work)

like phil jackson says, elite teams usually win 40 before they lose 20. we eclipsed this tonight

lol from gil "(stephon's) got discount shoes to go with the discount game"

love the MSG organ music. it really sets them apart, also the different buzzer they use. too bad they haven't been relevant on the court this decade.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Re: we beat the knicks 

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Tue Mar 4, 2008 7:56 am

RobertGlory wrote:

lol from gil "(stephon's) got discount shoes to go with the discount game"

:lol: Gil is silly.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Mar 4, 2008 8:40 am

LOL, On david Lee's shot:

That shot was Lee.... Uglee....

Anyway, we played horrible to be honest, no movement on offense, lazy D, and they just turned it on at the last second to seal the win. They toyed with them....
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#4 » by 2poor » Tue Mar 4, 2008 2:29 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:LOL, On david Lee's shot:

That shot was Lee.... Uglee....

Anyway, we played horrible to be honest, no movement on offense, lazy D, and they just turned it on at the last second to seal the win. They toyed with them....

Yeah, I didn't realize that Lee's jumper was so broke.

Ugly game indeed. Gotta love the way they just turned it on in that last minute or so to slam the door. Classic NY game too with all the booing...I guess I don't quite understand why Isiah took Nate out in the first place, but the fans reaction to it was great. Does seem like the game went to hell for the Knicks after that point, but I think a coincidence more than anything else.

They wanted it more and had the know-how to slam the door at the end. What was once a tenuous 90-88 lead with about 1:30 to go became a comfy 97-88 lead in no time. I even had my girlfriend into it! She's fast becoming an NO fan and will be going to a game or two with me.

CP3 had some beastly and-1's. Where's that quote about him "pissing intensity?" :lol:
Win's a win!

2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#5 » by 2poor » Tue Mar 4, 2008 2:33 pm

Oh and of course...

"Phil Jackson has always said that you can tell a team is great when it wins 40 before it loses 20."

:D
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by Copperhead » Tue Mar 4, 2008 5:29 pm

2poor, NBA.com has a 'Chris Paul Carves Up Knicks' video but every time I try to link it, it gives me David Wests' N.O. Revival video.
2poor
RealGM

Post#7 » by 2poor » Tue Mar 4, 2008 5:44 pm

try this one

also, TC's dunk of the night
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Copperhead » Tue Mar 4, 2008 6:00 pm

^^ :rock:
2poor
RealGM

Post#9 » by 2poor » Tue Mar 4, 2008 6:14 pm

Damn, I didn't even notice that West had 4 blocks last night.

:lift:

Return to New Orleans Pelicans