Chris Paul: a historical season.

Moderator: bwgood77

Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Chris Paul: a historical season. 

Post#21 » by Duiz » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:22 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Now PER does have flaws, one being that it can't measure defensive impact, and it vastly underrates a playmaking PG's effect on a game, but it is still the best single stat for gaging a good player.

I totally disagree that PER is the best. Check out Roland Ratings, they are far more accurate.

And Chris Paul is also second on them, and by a comfortable mile. Just check out 82games.com
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#22 » by SuigintouEV » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:22 am

I hate the fact that the media compares CP3 to Isiah.

He's so much better.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
HeyIt'sMe
Lead Assistant
And1: 127

Post#23 » by HeyIt'sMe » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:41 am

SuigintouEV wrote:I hate the fact that the media compares CP3 to Isiah.

He's so much better.

He's had an amazing season and all, but come on... Isiah, regardless of what you think of him as a human being, is an all-time great. Calling Paul "so much better" than Thomas is being a little bit ridiculous, especially this early into Paul's career.
Matt Foley
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#24 » by Matt Foley » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:59 pm

Just thought you guys might be interested in this quote by Oscar Robertson...

Q.Who is the best player in the NBA today?

A. I don't know. There are so many. LeBron. Naturally, Kobe. Chris Paul, who may be the MVP this year. But they (media) are not pushing him for that award. Isn't that amazing? When Steve Nash was the MVP, they pushed him all year to be the MVP. Why don't they do the same thing with Chris Paul?
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#25 » by Copperhead » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:30 pm

HeyIt'sMe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He's had an amazing season and all, but come on... Isiah, regardless of what you think of him as a human being, is an all-time great. Calling Paul "so much better" than Thomas is being a little bit ridiculous, especially this early into Paul's career.

But you see that's just it. People, such as yourself, are always comparing the 3 year Chris Paul to the full career championship winning Isiah Thomas. If you compare Isiah's 3rd season to Chris's 3rd season, you will see that they compare a good bit. Go do a 3rd season comparison on basketball-reference.com or something to see what people are talking about. I don't know about CP being 'so much better' but he has been better in a few categories in his 3rd season than Isiah was in his.
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#26 » by 2poor » Tue Apr 1, 2008 8:29 pm

As of 4/1/08:

Paul has 10 games of 20-plus points and 15-plus assists for the season, while the rest of the NBA has eight games combined.
ILikeTheGrizz
Senior

Post#27 » by ILikeTheGrizz » Wed Apr 2, 2008 12:29 am

Then what's his problem tonight! This is the fantasy playoffs people! I know he was a huge part of getting me to the semifinals, but 4 points on 1-6 shooting with four assists, three turnovers and a steal in the third is not good. Come on CP.
eatyourchildren wrote: BTW, PER is also as good a stat as PPG
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#28 » by 2poor » Thu Apr 3, 2008 4:14 pm

Paul, Chandler and West have used the alley-oop play to become an almost unstoppable offensive force this season. The Hornets are the runaway leaders in the NBA in alley-oops with 139, 22 more than the Denver Nuggets. Philadelphia, a team that attacks the rim relentlessly with guards Andre Miller and Andre Iguodala, is third with 97 alley oops, while New Jersey (84) is fourth and Orlando (82) is fifth.
2poor
RealGM

Post#29 » by 2poor » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:11 pm

another nugget:

Chris Paul had 16 assists and only one turnover in New Orleans' victory at Minnesota. It was the sixth time this season that he had more than 15 assists with no more than one turnover in a game. That equals the total such individual performances by the rest of the league this season. Paul's six games of that type are the most in a season for any NBA player since the league began officially recording turnovers in 1977.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#30 » by Duiz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:12 pm

wow impressive. I know Deron has had two, but just comes to show how efficient he is, no matter how good or crappy the team is.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,971

Post#31 » by Sedale Threatt » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:19 pm

I have to say, even while he's torching my team, I absolutely love watching Chris Paul play. I can't think of a single thing I don't like about him -- style, attitude, ability. Having grown up watching the greatest point guard in history, I like to think I know a little about the position. I'll put Chris Paul up against anybody I've seen in that span -- Stockton, Payton, Kidd, Nash, Thomas. The only test now is if he can stay healthy and keep this up into his 30s. Do that, and he'll take a backseat to no one.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans