Hornets set franchise record with 55 wins

Moderator: bwgood77

2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Hornets set franchise record with 55 wins 

Post#1 » by 2poor » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:45 pm

NOLA.com wrote:The Hornets' dream season gained another milestone Wednesday night. Peja Stojakovic, Chris Paul and David West marched off the court at the Target Center with the most wins in franchise history.

The Hornets pushed their record to 55-23 after routing the Minnesota Timberwolves 122-90 in front of 17,165. Until this season, the franchise record had been held by the 1996-97 team that finished 54-28 but were swept in the first round by the New York Knicks.

"It's a great accomplishment for us because we're a young unit,'' center Tyson Chandler said. "This team was basically assembled a year ago. I think the only people that saw this in our future was the Hornets. It's just great.''

link

Still work to be done.

:clap:
2poor
RealGM
And1: 0
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#2 » by 2poor » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:36 pm

:lol:
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Duiz » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:45 pm

I think I read that link too that they would end up so bad. I am glad that finally Peja, Paul and the gang overall got finally healthy for a season. Also, Julian Wright's draft has helped a lot into stabilizing the bench play.

You can't say that we saw this coming. Either way, congratz hornets.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans