Second Round: New Orleans Hornets v. San Antonio Spurs (3-3)

Moderator: bwgood77

sweet daddy
Analyst
And1: 47

Post#81 » by sweet daddy » Tue May 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Congrats on a really nice, and really surprising season.

You guys have got some really talented players. This year you got some real playoff scars playing against an old veteran team like San Antonio, probably a year or two sooner than you should have expected to. That will help speed up the development of your younger guys, especially Paul. Today's young players often get confidence and cockiness confused, and you've got a couple of players that need to learn the difference in order to make the leap to real championship contenders. If they do, you've got a really big future ahead of you.

All comments above made in a friendly spirit, really. Not looking for a fight. I think you've got a great future, and as a Mavs fan with lots of question marks about our future, I must say I'm a little jealous.
'daddy knows best'
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#82 » by SD2042 » Tue May 20, 2008 11:33 pm

The series was a thriller to say the least. Both teams took each other to the limit offensively and defensively. In the case of the Spurs, experience won out and they get to move on. As for the Hornets, they earned a name for themselves in the playoffs from beating the Mavs in 5 games to taking the Spurs to 7 games. With these experiences under their belts, the Hornets will take this lesson and apply it to next year's playoffs with more confidence and motivation to take them every step of the way.

Good luck to the Hornets in the offseason. CP3 is the truth!

Return to New Orleans Pelicans