76ers fan here. Need a little help.

Moderator: bwgood77

Sandalf42
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

76ers fan here. Need a little help. 

Post#1 » by Sandalf42 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:14 am

In the Sixers forum, we're doing a mock draft where each person is given two teams and basically handles "draft night" for the team. And I was given the Hornets.

Right now I'm doing what any good GM would do before he makes moves (real or virtual), evaluating. I was wondering if you guys could give me a hand.

Not making demands, but it would be helpful if you could:

First- Describe your overall opinion of the team.
Second- Honest opinion of each player.
Third- Tell me what direction you think the Hornets need to go in, and how to go about it.
Fourth- Who the Hornets should draft.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Micheal:.... I mean, you wouldn't arrest a guy who just deals drugs from one person to another.
fanofall
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#2 » by fanofall » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:19 pm

1st - his team is very close to being a championship team, just missing a couple of pieces.
2nd -
CP3=best pg in the game
Morris Peterson=guards the opponents best player, not consistent though
Peja=reliable 3 point shooter most of the time
David West=very underrated player, could average 20 & 10 next season
Tyson=beast on the boards and put backs
Pargo=very good bench player when he's hot, inconsistent
JuJu=all star potential, needs to be more aggressive
3rd - The Hornets should try to obtain another starting caliber sg and sure up their bench. They could try to trade to get that piece, or address it in the draft.
4th - Everyone's opinion about this topic varies. But me personally, would trade down for multiple early 2nd round picks, unless a very good prospect drops. That way, we could sure up the bench and possibly obtain a starter through the draft.
Smirk
Starter
And1: 1,594

Post#3 » by Smirk » Mon Jun 9, 2008 4:39 pm

The Hornets need:

A backup PG (pass first, not score first!).

A backup Big (C/PF)

A backup/Eventual starter SG.

Hornets fans want a SG in the worst way, but I'm not completely sure that's first on the Hornets agenda.

If Brandon Rush or Chris Douglas-Roberts are there, I think the Hornets take one of them. I'm sure they would love to have Ty Lawson there.

Other than those guys, I think some possibilities are Courtney Lee, Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Bill Walker.

I could also see us trying to package our god awful contracts like Rasual Butler and Mike James plus the pick for a contributor.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Post#4 » by Copperhead » Mon Jun 9, 2008 5:43 pm

fanofall wrote:1st - his team is very close to being a championship team, just missing a couple of pieces.
2nd -
CP3=best pg in the game
Morris Peterson=guards the opponents best player, not consistent though
Peja=reliable 3 point shooter most of the time
David West=very underrated player, could average 20 & 10 next season
Tyson=beast on the boards and put backs
Pargo=very good bench player when he's hot, inconsistent
JuJu=all star potential, needs to be more aggressive
3rd - The Hornets should try to obtain another starting caliber sg and sure up their bench. They could try to trade to get that piece, or address it in the draft.
4th - Everyone's opinion about this topic varies. But me personally, would trade down for multiple early 2nd round picks, unless a very good prospect drops. That way, we could sure up the bench and possibly obtain a starter through the draft.

I doubt Scott will give a player picked at #27 or an early 2nd rounder a starting spot. At least not right away. Someone like Brandon Rush or maybe, maybe CDR may be able to work their way into the starting lineup depending on their play.
Sandalf42
Pro Prospect

Post#5 » by Sandalf42 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:58 am

Ok thanks guys.

I agree that the starting SG spot and the bench need to be addressed.

I would also like to ask: From other teams' perspectives, would a package of Julian Wright, the 27th pick, and Mike James be an attractive deal?
Micheal:.... I mean, you wouldn't arrest a guy who just deals drugs from one person to another.
Paul Overt
Sophomore
And1: 25

Post#6 » by Paul Overt » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:48 pm

Look at the Hornets' draftoverview of NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/draft2008/overview/noh.html
Sandalf42
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by Sandalf42 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:25 pm

What do you guys think of Hilton Armstrong. Do you think he can be a good backup big man.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans