MIA/NOR

Moderator: bwgood77

mhfan3
Banned User
And1: 0

MIA/NOR 

Post#1 » by mhfan3 » Sun Jul 6, 2008 7:34 pm

I was wondering what you guys would think of a trade of Marion and Wright for Chandler.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Re: MIA/NOR 

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Sun Jul 6, 2008 10:03 pm

I like both Marion and Wright but I don't know if I'd be willing to give up one of the best rebounders in the league for them. I mean there aren't many centers in the league that sprint the floor like a gazelle. :lol: Marion and Wright would probably give the Hornets more offense but is that what they really need at this point? Of course you probably can never have TOO much offense and I know Marion is pretty good defensively as well but Tyson has been really good defensively for the Hornets. Not to mention Tyson is CP3's guy.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jul 7, 2008 4:13 am

No, if anything, we need guys who can create offense, and Tyson for Marion would be a huge dropoff defensively, not to mention West would be way out of position at C.

No, I think Marion is way to overrated defensively.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
CaliHeat
Sixth Man
And1: 439

Post#4 » by CaliHeat » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:55 pm

What do Hornets fans think of a Daequan Cook for Hilton Armstrong trade?

Cook is a good shooter and has a very good mid range game for his age. I think Cook would fit in well with the Hornets, especially with Paul in the future.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/daequan_c ... stats.html

Hilton Armstong would give the Heat a young C they can develope. I haven't got to see alot of Armstrong in the NBA but really like his game late in his college career.

Do Hornets fans think Armstrong can be a starting C in the NBA?
Is he still a good shot blocker like he was late in his college career?
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Copperhead » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 pm

CaliHeat wrote:What do Hornets fans think of a Daequan Cook for Hilton Armstrong trade?

Cook is a good shooter and has a very good mid range game for his age. I think Cook would fit in well with the Hornets, especially with Paul in the future.
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/daequan_c ... stats.html

Hilton Armstong would give the Heat a young C they can develope. I haven't got to see alot of Armstrong in the NBA but really like his game late in his college career.

Do Hornets fans think Armstrong can be a starting C in the NBA?
Is he still a good shot blocker like he was late in his college career?

I like Cook but I'm willing to see what Hilton will do this upcoming season. I'd like to hold onto him for at least one more season. They say bigs take longer to develop but Hilton hasn't really taken many steps to improvement. Right now, at this very moment, I don't think Hilton can be a starting C in this league. Who knows, he may be able to flourish more in another system but I'm willing to see what he'll be working with this season before giving up on him.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#6 » by Hoops23 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:41 pm

mhfan3 wrote:I was wondering what you guys would think of a trade of Marion and Wright for Chandler.
Talent wise, I think its a good deal for the Hornets. But I think NOH will not do it because Chandler fits their system well. Paul, Chandler and West are the cornerstone of their franchise.

For the Heat, IMO its a very good deal, and I love it.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#7 » by deNIEd » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:22 pm

What package would NOR be able to put together for Marion?

I know Miami has interest in Artest and willing to part with Marion, however, Marion himself doesn't ideally fit what the Kings need, if a three team deal in which Marion was swung to NO what could NO give to Sacramento?
AriesMar27
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#8 » by AriesMar27 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 pm

peja... that way marion plays sf... the hornets just signed posey so they have 3pt shooting... but i doubt that the kings would basically re-trade artest for peja.... that would be weird....
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Copperhead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 am

AriesMar27 wrote:peja... that way marion plays sf... the hornets just signed posey so they have 3pt shooting... but i doubt that the kings would basically re-trade artest for peja.... that would be weird....

Weird indeed. :lol: I don't think Peja's going anywhere.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#10 » by Hoops23 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 pm

I know Miami has interest in Artest and willing to part with Marion
I doubt it, the rumor came from a Sacramento newspaper. The difference between Artest and Marion in ability or talent is not much to consider the trade, and take on the extra baggage of Artest.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans