No Posey, and this summers a wash!

Moderator: bwgood77

JR_SMITH_23
Junior
And1: 0

No Posey, and this summers a wash! 

Post#1 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:04 am

One by one FA's are being picked up left and right...but NOT by the Hornets. We still haven't signed anyone. Now I know were in talks...yeah yeah thats all they've been saying in talks....in talks...we traded the 1st rd pick because we had our eyes on a certain FA(s) WELL WELL! Where the hell are they dammit! Look at all the guys that have been signed that was reported we were interested in and the others...

Maggette - GS
Hayes - NJ
Najera - NJ
Pietrus - ORL
Barry - HOU
Jones - MIA
Green - DAL
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Re: No Posey, and this summers a wash! 

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:04 am

This summer isn't a wash. Not when there are still guys out there that can contribute off the bench. Everybody's all antsy because the Hornets haven't signed anyone yet. Of course they're not going to go into the season with only 10 guys on the roster. As long as they take their time and the pick the right guys we'll be alright. Chad Ford for some reason keeps linking us with Ben Gordon. He must be hearing some rumblings about this that we're not because I've seen him link Gordon to the Hornets more than once. All we need is maybe two guys for a bit more bench depth and they'll be fine. This summer is far from a wash.
JR_SMITH_23
Junior

Post#3 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Yeah I know I was being a little irrational with my first post and usually I'm not like that about things and in this case the Hornets brass. And I know Bower is an excellent GM and I have the upmost faith in him. I know he will make some good things happen. I have the Hornets Presidents number though...I think I will give him a text and see if he could give me some sort of scoop. Probably not.
hornets686
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by hornets686 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:57 pm

BEN GORDON!
>:oPut this in your profile if your pissed that the Duke Lacrosse team didn't invite you to their party.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Copperhead » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:27 am

JR_SMITH_23 wrote:Yeah I know I was being a little irrational with my first post and usually I'm not like that about things and in this case the Hornets brass. And I know Bower is an excellent GM and I have the upmost faith in him. I know he will make some good things happen. I have the Hornets Presidents number though...I think I will give him a text and see if he could give me some sort of scoop. Probably not.

:lol: Let us know if you hear anything. Hopefully sometime this week.
JR_SMITH_23
Junior

Post#6 » by JR_SMITH_23 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:00 pm

The last time Hugh Weber, the Hornets President, responded to my text was back around the early part of the year before the trade deadline when I texted him multiple trade suggestions and he said he would let Bower know. That was the last time...I SERIOUSLY DOUBT he will respond to me again. But o well. I get my inside scoop from someone on the outside...."HH" are his initials.
fallentimes
Sophomore

Post#7 » by fallentimes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 pm

If they can't get Posey they should go Barnes. The Hornets season ticket rep was pretty confident Posey was going to work out though. I think all it will take is 3 years + MLE. Definitely overpaying, but he fills a need.
ticketstumbler.com - Expedia for NBA Tickets!
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Copperhead » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 pm

fallentimes wrote:If they can't get Posey they should go Barnes. The Hornets season ticket rep was pretty confident Posey was going to work out though. I think all it will take is 3 years + MLE. Definitely overpaying, but he fills a need.

I'm just hoping they wouldn't sign him for too much for too long. But you're probably right about him filling a need.
Copperhead
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by Copperhead » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 am

Another piece on the matter.

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2008/0 ... ey_in.html

I guess since the Hornets have been rather quiet the local media needs something to write about so they basically keep writing the same thing. Frankly, I'm tired of reading where Posey's agent Bartelstein keeps basically saying the same thing. I wish Posey would hurry up and sign somewhere (which I think will be Boston) so everybody can move on. The Hornets should try to see what's going on with Kelenna Azubuike. Re-sign Pargo, and try to get another big and then get ready for training camp in Europe.

Return to New Orleans Pelicans