CHandler for Stoudemire

Moderator: bwgood77

Ryoga Hibiki
RealGM
And1: 6,508

CHandler for Stoudemire 

Post#1 » by Ryoga Hibiki » Sun Aug 3, 2008 2:45 pm

Just curious.
At this point I think Amare's trade value is much higher, so it's not going to happen, but would you, as Hornets fans, welcome a trade like that?

I wouldn't because I think Amare would make your defence much worse without helping your offense that much playing in the same spots West plays. I was also incredibly impressed by Tyson's defence during the playoffs, I think he's the key for the Hornets success with CP:
Слава Украине!
Copperhead
Lead Assistant
And1: 55

Re: CHandler for Stoudemire 

Post#2 » by Copperhead » Sun Aug 3, 2008 6:29 pm

I don't think I'd do it either Ryoga Hibiki. Chandler is CP's dude. When he signed his last contract he said he wants to be sure to be able to keep West and Chandler. I like Amare and the beast that he is but I think you're right in that Tyson is better defensively for the Hornets. His length bothers players. He runs the floor extremely well for a big man. I don't think I'd do it.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,890
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Aug 6, 2008 9:59 am

I would do it just because I think Amare's value is MUCH higher, and he or west could net a good C to fill in for Chandler.

I think Chandler's D has become a bit overrated after that Spurs series, he was great against Duncan for sure, but it wasn't actually a good indication of his season as a whole, he was good to be sure, but not spectacular like he was in the playoffs.

I would actually rather trade West for Stoudemire, and let Chandler cover his deficiencies, and then we could run our same offense with much greater potency, Stoudemire hit a higher percentage on jumpshots, and is a MUCH better finisher around the rim.... I'm not sure any team would be capable of stopping us from scoring.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
yussuf025
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by yussuf025 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:57 am

Ryoga Hibiki wrote:Just curious.
At this point I think Amare's trade value is much higher, so it's not going to happen, but would you, as Hornets fans, welcome a trade like that?

I wouldn't because I think Amare would make your defence much worse without helping your offense that much playing in the same spots West plays. I was also incredibly impressed by Tyson's defence during the playoffs, I think he's the key for the Hornets success with CP:

i personally think if NO traded Chandler for Amare, Phoenix would get screwed up because they don't have a defensive player and NO would lose a player that communicated well with CP3.

Major props to Trixx!!

Return to New Orleans Pelicans