Grading the offseason...

Moderator: bwgood77

ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Grading the offseason... 

Post#1 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 am

On another note, this offseason has been a bit dissappointing, firstly trading away the 27th pick for cash, coulda been Darryl Arthur / Bill Walker / CDR (Hindsight's 20/20 I know.) Then the talk that "agents are calling us saying their clients WANT to be Hornets." Which was cr@p considering Posey primarily signed with us because we offered more than anyone else. Then we possibly downgraded our already weak bench letting Pargo and Bonzi go while only retaining Bowen and signing Devin and Sean. So i'd really give our F.O. a C+ grade for this offseason, just barely passing.

Of course money doesnt grow on trees and the Hornets simply couldnt afford the best options IMO, simply acquiring Posey is not a major jump compared to the Lakers Bynum returning, Houston acquiring Artest (pending he behaves) Portland's possible explosion (Oden/Bayless/Rudy), and San Antonio, Dallas & Phoenix's experience is always a threat, so assuming Sean Marks is our last move, I'm predicting that we'll struggle to better last season.

Agree/Disagree?

Return to New Orleans Pelicans