NYM/STL Allen Craig trade

ohohoitsmattgic
Ballboy
And1: 3

NYM/STL Allen Craig trade 

Post#1 » by ohohoitsmattgic » Mon Jul 7, 2014 5:27 pm

Allen Craig has been sitting recently in favor of Oscar Tavares, and the Cardinals are looking to trade Craig. Mets need an upgrade at first base from Lucas Duda.

NYM trade:
SP Noah Syndergaard
C Kevin Plawecki

STL trade:
1B/OF Allen Craig

I don't know if the Cardinals are looking for prospects for Allen Craig, but I know they are at least seeing what can be offered. Syndergaard and Plawecki are currently in AAA so they are near MLB-ready. Cardinals are always looking for pitching prospects, although with Yadier Molina I don't know how interested they would be in Plawecki. Possibly Brandon Nimmo instead of Plawecki or basically anyone else the Cardinals would be interested in (Montero or deGrom?). I would include Lucas Duda, but I doubt the Cardinals would want him.

I think Allen Craig would be a perfect fit for the Mets because he's an RBI hitter, and doesn't hit home runs so would fit well with citified. I also think the Mets could use another experienced veteran in their lineup. Please post any other trade you think the Mets could work for Craig that would be more enticing or what problems you have with Craig to the Mets.

Return to Trades and Transactions