ImageImageImage

The Hammer is dropping

Moderator: HMFFL

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

The Hammer is dropping 

Post#1 » by ohara » Wed Jun 5, 2013 12:16 pm

Not even going to provide any link here. You must have seen it already on RGM, ESPN, AOL News, Sports Radio and on TV. Dr. Tony Bosch, founder of the PED clinic, is cooperating now. MLB will go after Braun, A-Rod, and all the others who they will have evidence on in the matter. The ones who broke the story, ESPN Inside the Lines, said at least 20 names among those who are already known, but if the doctor turns over all his evidence, a whole lot more will be nailed.

I know a lot of people feel that it is too much a part of the game to do anything. I am not one. If they used performance enhancing drugs, I want baseball history to mark it down. Not because I have any particular dislike of current players, but because of my love for the game itself and those in the past who built this game. I dont want people to speak with reverance and awe of players who used PED's and put them on the same level as a Ruth, Gehrig, DiMagio, Mays, Ted Williams, Hammerin' Hank and all the others who are legends of the game. And I know that some of those long ago may have used pills to liven themselves up when they may have been tired pulling a double header. But PED's are different and everyone knows it.

On a personal note, I really hope none of the beloved Braves are on the list. But if they are, then they have to suffer the consequences of their actions. Just my 2 cents for the day.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Re: The Hammer is dropping 

Post#2 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Jun 5, 2013 6:19 pm

Agree 100%
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#3 » by ATL Boy » Sat Jun 8, 2013 1:21 am

I agree too, I especially hate it when players who used PED's break historic records and push off the player who got to the top through hard work. I really hate that Barry Bonds is the HR King, the only reason he past the beloved Hank Aaron was because of PEDs and I honestly hope that he, Mark Mguire, A-Rod, and the other druggies never get into the Hall of fame. I also hope that one day baseball manages to take away some of Bonds' HRs to rightfully give Hank his HR crown back.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#4 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Jun 8, 2013 3:18 pm

ATL Boy wrote:I agree too, I especially hate it when players who used PED's break historic records and push off the player who got to the top through hard work. I really hate that Barry Bonds is the HR King, the only reason he past the beloved Hank Aaron was because of PEDs and I honestly hope that he, Mark Mguire, A-Rod, and the other druggies never get into the Hall of fame. I also hope that one day baseball manages to take away some of Bonds' HRs to rightfully give Hank his HR crown back.

Hank Aaron is still the HR King, IMO! for the bold, need a new commish for that. Bud Selig is a joke.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ATL Boy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Braun suspended the remainder of the season for using PEDs. Man, what's he gonna look like in the public eye after his heart felt speech the first time this happened? He just turns around and does it again.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#6 » by ohara » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:03 pm

And Selig says Braun is not going to appeal. They showed him the proof, and he must know he's cooked so he is not appealing. Just goes to show how that fool of an arbitrator who let him off last time was dead wrong. Braun is a cheater. Hope A-Rod is next, and every single cheater they can find and prove is using gets suspended. Braves among them if they cheat (hope there are none). I want them ALL to pay so we can try and clean up the game.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ATL Boy » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:00 pm

ohara
Head Coach

Post#8 » by ohara » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:10 pm

If the Yankees have any power with the Commish, you KNOW they want him banned for a lifetime. Lets them out of that massive contract where he wont be producing squat and he wont have a reasonable chance to catch HAnk, much less that fraud Bonds on the HR list. They paid him so much as they thought for sure he would be mounting an attack on the record and wanted that to be done as a Yankee. Not gonna happen now.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ATL Boy » Mon Aug 5, 2013 5:01 pm

MLB released a list of 11 players who have agreed to 50 game suspensions for the use of PEDs, there are no Braves on the list.

ohara
Head Coach

Post#10 » by ohara » Mon Aug 5, 2013 5:41 pm

Yep. 12 agree to 50 game suspensions. Only A-Rod left. He is toast.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#11 » by ohara » Mon Aug 5, 2013 7:58 pm

A-Rod suspended for 211 games - rest of 2013 and all of 2014. He is expected to Appeal and thereby be eligible to play tonight. I hope if he does that MLB starts to release the evidence against him so he can be humiliated. He totally deserves it if he tries to fight it. IMO, he deserved an indefinite suspension so he got off light.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#12 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 6, 2013 7:06 am

ohara wrote:A-Rod suspended for 211 games - rest of 2013 and all of 2014. He is expected to Appeal and thereby be eligible to play tonight. I hope if he does that MLB starts to release the evidence against him so he can be humiliated. He totally deserves it if he tries to fight it. IMO, he deserved an indefinite suspension so he got off light.

Reports are his appeals won't be decided until October. He'll probably get to finish the season...seems like a real joke.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#13 » by ohara » Wed Aug 7, 2013 11:04 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
ohara wrote:A-Rod suspended for 211 games - rest of 2013 and all of 2014. He is expected to Appeal and thereby be eligible to play tonight. I hope if he does that MLB starts to release the evidence against him so he can be humiliated. He totally deserves it if he tries to fight it. IMO, he deserved an indefinite suspension so he got off light.

Reports are his appeals won't be decided until October. He'll probably get to finish the season...seems like a real joke.

Hope that the suspension mentioned 211 games specifically. If so, then if it holds up on Appeal, he may have to serve it by missing all of 2014 and then the rest ( 50+ ) games in 2015. If it only mentioned the amount as being the rest of 2013 and all of 2014, then he likely only misses 2014 without pay.

Return to Atlanta Braves