ImageImageImage

2014 Atlanta Braves Game Thread

Moderator: HMFFL

ohara
Head Coach
And1: 167

Re: 2014 Atlanta Braves Game Thread 

Post#1821 » by ohara » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:29 am

Harang deserved better. Pitched a 4 hitter and his only mistake was a solo HR. Problem is the Braves only got 4 hits also, and could not get one player across home plate. Just a sad state of affairs.

SBM, I really don't have too much issue with locking up Freddie long term. He is the best player we have, and Simmons is a close 2nd. We do need to keep them in ATL. But Johnson sure did fall off of last year's production. And BJ and Uggla let us down. But that is on the players, too.
SBM
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#1822 » by SBM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:25 pm

ohara wrote:Harang deserved better. Pitched a 4 hitter and his only mistake was a solo HR. Problem is the Braves only got 4 hits also, and could not get one player across home plate. Just a sad state of affairs.

SBM, I really don't have too much issue with locking up Freddie long term. He is the best player we have, and Simmons is a close 2nd. We do need to keep them in ATL. But Johnson sure did fall off of last year's production. And BJ and Uggla let us down. But that is on the players, too.

I am not sure that Freddie is our best player and I don't agree that Simmons is the 2nd best. Simmons is so horrible and lost at the plate, there is no way he is our 2nd best player. Jason is definitely better than Simmons and I would even put Justin in front of him though Justin can be pathetic in the field. A healthy Gattis for 100 games is probably just as good or better than Simmons also.

I
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#1823 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 pm

SBM wrote:
ohara wrote:Harang deserved better. Pitched a 4 hitter and his only mistake was a solo HR. Problem is the Braves only got 4 hits also, and could not get one player across home plate. Just a sad state of affairs.

I am not sure that Freddie is our best player and I don't agree that Simmons is the 2nd best. Simmons is so horrible and lost at the plate, there is no way he is our 2nd best player. Jason is definitely better than Simmons and I would even put Justin in front of him though Justin can be pathetic in the field. A healthy Gattis for 100 games is probably just as good or better than Simmons also.

I

Freddie is our best player, top 5,

Freddie
Justin
Kimbrel
Jason
Simmons

With Teheran and Gattis looking in at 6 and 7.
ohara
Head Coach

Post#1824 » by ohara » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 pm

I think the reason I put Simmons at #2 is his defensive prowess. He is a terrific SS and that is a crucial position. That is my primary reason for putting him #2. I agree that his bat needs to get better. Justin and Kimbrel are 3 and 4 in that order for me. Gattis would be my #5 and Jason would be my #6.
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#1825 » by SBM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
SBM wrote:

I

Freddie
Justin
Kimbrel
Jason
Simmons

Freddie is not that good and I don't see him as our best player or like him as our best player. If he has the year he had this year next then that contract is not good either. Freddie is too one dimensional IMO. He is nothing special with the glove nor on the bases. If the guy isn't driving in runs like he did last year he really isn't worth much mention. Freddie is a big reason why we will be sitting home this year and no-one wants to speak on that.

Freddie got that big long contract because he hit .319 with 23 HR's and 109 RBI's last year. He is not going to come anywhere close to those numbers this year. He needs to put up numbers like last year or his contract is overpaid for this team.

After honest assessment I would not mind trading any player on this team. If Freddie is your best player which I don't agree with, you are in trouble. Freddie is only going to get slower and slower and he isn't going to be able to produce consistently at the plate at the level he did last year.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#1826 » by Nemesis21 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:17 pm

SBM wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
SBM wrote:

I

Freddie
Justin
Kimbrel
Jason
Simmons

Freddie is not that good and I don't see him as our best player or like him as our best player. If he has the year he had this year next then that contract is not good either. Freddie is too one dimensional IMO. He is nothing special with the glove nor on the bases. If the guy isn't driving in runs like he did last year he really isn't worth much mention. Freddie is a big reason why we will be sitting home this year and no-one wants to speak on that.

Freddie got that big long contract because he hit .319 with 23 HR's and 109 RBI's last year. He is not going to come anywhere close to those numbers this year. He needs to put up numbers like last year or his contract is overpaid for this team.

After honest assessment I would not mind trading any player on this team. If Freddie is your best player which I don't agree with, you are in trouble. Freddie is only going to get slower and slower and he isn't going to be able to produce consistently at the plate at the level he did last year.

Dude, you're beating up on Freddie for 1 bad season, at least in terms of what we've come to expect. Get over yourself! You don't like management, the front office or any players. You should really pick another team to whine about.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1827 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:50 am

Pirates lead 3-2 in the 6th. At least our draft position is improving.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
ohara
Head Coach

Post#1828 » by ohara » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:34 am

TheKingofSting wrote:Pirates lead 3-2 in the 6th. At least our draft position is improving.

Yep. I guess the glass is half full. :D Positive thinking.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,902

Post#1829 » by HMFFL » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Julio Teheran takes the mound for us tonight.
I realize this teams not in a positive place at the moment, but a win would be nice here, so Julio Teheran can have an above .500 win percentage.

His last win was 8/27/2014.
Since, he has lost four times, and has only had eight runs to back him.
BeesWax
General Manager
And1: 1,660

Post#1830 » by BeesWax » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:33 pm

SBM wrote:

Seriously? He is incredible with the glove and in 3rd in majors in fielding percentage at 1st. He is second in assists and only had 5 errors in 157 games. Not to mention the errors he saves scooping up bad throws. His bat fell off a bit this year but that could be due to trying to do too much while the guys ahead of him floundered. He was the best player our last two years and it is not all that close. He was 4th at his position in WAR this season and 3rd last year. Heyward is the only guy on the team I would consider being better. Freddie provides so much at the plate and in the field that I think it makes up for what he lacks on the bases. We have three very good defensive players and they are at 1st, SS and RF. It should be interesting to see going forward if getting a true leadoff batter can help both Heyward and Freeman.
Spoiler:
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#1831 » by SBM » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:05 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:
SBM wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Freddie
Justin
Kimbrel
Jason
Simmons

Dude, you're beating up on Freddie for 1 bad season, at least in terms of what we've come to expect. Get over yourself! You don't like management, the front office or any players. You should really pick another team to whine about.

Whatever, you need to learn to get over yourself. People like you are the reason teams like this never accomplish anything. You don't understand honest assessment. Last year was Freddie's best year and his only true standout year when you compare him against Jason and Justin who are your other relatively young studs. The way I see it they had to decide to give him that big money long extension because of last year and not his other years because they could get those years out of Heyward and Justin whom they did not give either longterm big money extensions. So, the way I see it they are counting on him being that guy he was last year every year going forward and I don't see it. Just honest assessment of the guy and how they jumped the gun which I stated during the summer.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#1832 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:31 pm

SBM wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
SBM wrote:

Whatever, you need to learn to get over yourself. People like you are the reason teams like this never accomplish anything. You don't understand honest assessment. Last year was Freddie's best year and his only true standout year when you compare him against Jason and Justin who are your other relatively young studs. The way I see it they had to decide to give him that big money long extension because of last year and not his other years because they could get those years out of Heyward and Justin whom they did not give either longterm big money extensions. So, the way I see it they are counting on him being that guy he was last year every year going forward and I don't see it. Just honest assessment of the guy and how they jumped the gun which I stated during the summer.

Go away troll, go away SuperiorBlogman. You will get banned again.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#1833 » by TheKingofSting » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:14 am

Braves lead 2-0 in the third.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
SBM
Bench Warmer

Post#1834 » by SBM » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:34 am

Nemesis21 wrote:
SBM wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:

Your nothing more than a clown that can't takes others opinions so you start throwing words like troll around.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#1835 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:21 am

SBM wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
SBM wrote:

:wavefinger:

Your nothing more than a clown that can't takes others opinions so you start throwing words like troll around.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#1836 » by Nemesis21 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:22 am

SBM wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:
SBM wrote:

:wavefinger:
ohara
Head Coach

Post#1837 » by ohara » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:09 am

JT pitched a solid game. Good for him to get the win and stay above .500.
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#1838 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:49 am

Braves being 1 hit by Volquez thru 5 innings. 2-0 Pirates
Nemesis21
RealGM

Post#1839 » by Nemesis21 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:15 pm

2-0 Braves in the 1st.