Question on Craig Kimbrel

Moderator: HMFFL

Hawk Eye
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,071

Question on Craig Kimbrel 

Post#1 » by Hawk Eye » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:59 pm

Hey guys, Ive been a Braves fan my whole life but spend most of my time on the Hawks Board since I'm a bigger NBA fan than a MLB fan. Anyways..

I was listening to 680 the fan on the radio and they were discussing "what if" scenarios/questions. Here are some of the questions they were addressing to the radio listeners..

What if the Braves did the unthinkable and traded the best closer in baseball; Craig Kimbrel? Who would they get in return? Would they be able to dump the last year of Uggla's salary along with Kimbrel? Or maybe they could dump BJ Upton's salary along with Kimbrel? Would they be better off getting prospects/draft picks for Kimbrel or being able to dump bad contracts along with Kimbrel?"

I'd really like to get some feedback from you guys on these questions and hear what you think. Thanks!
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Re: Question on Craig Kimbrel 

Post#2 » by TheKingofSting » Sun Nov 2, 2014 2:32 am

I think no one should be untouchable especially if we can unload BJ.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:40 pm

I was listening to 680 the fan briefly while driving today and the host suggest that we should move him if we want to build for our future. That he'd provide us with the best return. I understand the point he was trying to make but I also disagree.
I'd need to see a potential deal to understand the fully return value we would receive.
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#4 » by TheKingofSting » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:05 am

His value will never be higher but I wouldn't do it just to do it, I'd have to be really blown away by an offer.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to Atlanta Braves