lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Braves Release Redman 

Post#1 » by lpsevier » Wed May 23, 2007 1:28 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns

And we called up Devine.

I'm glad we released Redman, and I think Bobby's last comment about him made this pretty obvious, but with Lerew out - does Devine enter the rotation?
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2 » by lpsevier » Wed May 23, 2007 1:30 pm

Another thought - Why not give Matt Harrison a shot?
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#3 » by A-Town Connection » Wed May 23, 2007 1:52 pm

Thank goodness. I really hope we make a deal for another pitcher. Davies can be good, but he can also be really bad. Some of the talk of Jeff S for Willis or Harden sound nice to me. That big three would be hard to touch in the playoffs, and James would be the best 4rth starter in the Bigs
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by lpsevier » Wed May 23, 2007 1:57 pm

A-Town Connection wrote:Thank goodness. I really hope we make a deal for another pitcher. Davies can be good, but he can also be really bad. Some of the talk of Jeff S for Willis or Harden sound nice to me. That big three would be hard to touch in the playoffs, and James would be the best 4rth starter in the Bigs

That would be a formidable pitching lineup in the post season, but I like the depth Salty gives us right now.

I'm not sure what I want to have happen anymore :(
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by A-Town Connection » Wed May 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Yeah i enjoy it too, but it would be hard not to have that combo in the playoffs. But i will go ahead and trust old JS
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,491

Post#6 » by dms269 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:14 pm

Devine shouldn't enter the rotation unless we want his era to be 50.00. Devine should only pitch in a blowout right now. The last time he was in the majors he sucked. He needs to be entered into the main bullpen slowly, like getting into a cold pool. We don't need to jump him right into the heat of moment, unless we want him to freeze up and go into shock.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#7 » by MagicMadness » Wed May 23, 2007 10:55 pm

Finally...I still don't understand why we signed him in the first place.

We got him from the Royals - not a team known for their pitching prospects. Plus, he had a career losing record and a high ERA. I'm still not sure why the heck we thought this guy was going to come in and anchor the rotation for one of the best teams in the NL.
KB 34
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#8 » by KB 34 » Thu May 24, 2007 12:43 am

Redman was signed for the simple reason that he's a veteran. Do Shane Reynolds and Terry Mulholland also ring a bell with you?
lpsevier
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by lpsevier » Thu May 24, 2007 1:40 am

MagicMadness wrote:Finally...I still don't understand why we signed him in the first place.

We got him from the Royals - not a team known for their pitching prospects. Plus, he had a career losing record and a high ERA. I'm still not sure why the heck we thought this guy was going to come in and anchor the rotation for one of the best teams in the NL.

Relatively cheap starting pitchers with experience are pretty hard to come by right before the season starts.

Return to Atlanta Braves