Image Image Image Image

OT: Starlin Castro Accused of Sexual Assault

kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Re: OT: Starlin Castro Accused of Sexual Assault 

Post#41 » by kyrv » Fri Jan 6, 2012 9:55 pm

Sonny_D1 wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:While the woman didn't have reasonable expectations about what was happening and why she was there, it wasn't invitation to do things without her consent. However, her story seems strange. She blacks out in his apartment, she wakes up and yells at him to stop, he does and then 12 hours later she calls police? Or he didn't stop and she got away? It's a story that I question the legitimacy of.

Not to mention this part:

"left the apartment at about 5:30 a.m. getting a ride home from her friend."

Was this the same friend she went there with? If so, where the hell was she the whole time? In other room or hanging out in the lobby?

And if it's another friend that came to pick her up, why wouldn't you go downstairs to the lobby and call the police?

It's all BS imo.

Yep there's a ton we don't know. As I said, hopefully it's not true.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#42 » by kyrv » Fri Jan 6, 2012 9:57 pm

alucryts wrote:I am not a lawyer or pretend to be, but I am pretty sure Starlin is screwed here because I believe that in Illinois, a woman cannot legally consent if drunk (even if she consents while drunk). If it can be proven that Starlin had sex with her, she was drunk, and she wants to press charges he is SCREWED.

Wow that would be kind of an unbelievable law.
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Post#43 » by Jo Jo English » Fri Jan 6, 2012 11:04 pm

kyrv wrote:
alucryts wrote:I am not a lawyer or pretend to be, but I am pretty sure Starlin is screwed here because I believe that in Illinois, a woman cannot legally consent if drunk (even if she consents while drunk). If it can be proven that Starlin had sex with her, she was drunk, and she wants to press charges he is SCREWED.

I remember hearing something like that during a freshman orientation during college. As I recall there were plenty of holes in the logic and (just to be sort of a d_ck) I raised my hand and presented a scenario that, by their definition of "rape" and "consent", each party had in actuality raped each other. I then inquired if that happened, would both be prosecuted? Just the man? The presenter was a bit flabbergasted. He clearly didn't have an answer and proceeded to quickly veer the conversation back to the scripted presentation he had in front of him.

I don't recall what my exact hypothetical was, I wish I could recall. It was more complex than just both parties were intoxicated, but this many years removed, I can't remember what weirdness I concocted.
kyrv
RealGM

Post#44 » by kyrv » Fri Jan 6, 2012 11:16 pm

Jo Jo English wrote:
kyrv wrote:

I remember hearing something like that during a freshman orientation during college. As I recall there were plenty of holes in the logic and (just to be sort of a d_ck) I raised my hand and presented a scenario that, by their definition of "rape" and "consent", each party had in actuality raped each other. I then inquired if that happened, would both be prosecuted? Just the man? The presenter was a bit flabbergasted. He clearly didn't have an answer and proceeded to quickly veer the conversation back to the scripted presentation he had in front of him.

I don't recall what my exact hypothetical was, I wish I could recall. It was more complex than just both parties were intoxicated, but this many years removed, I can't remember what weirdness I concocted.

Does that law, is it for everyone? Couples? Married couples? That's wacky.

--------

On Castro, we have snippets from only one side as mentioned, too little to know obviously.

Having said that, if just the part about she passed out and he was doing her is true, he's guilty, regardless of whatever other illogical or stupid things she did or didn't do. So, again, hopefully that's not true.
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Post#45 » by Jo Jo English » Fri Jan 6, 2012 11:36 pm

kyrv wrote:
Does that law, is it for everyone? Couples? Married couples? That's wacky.

No clue. No idea if the actual law is even as it was explained to me that night. I get the feeling that the orientation was more an attempt to intimidate incoming males into not doing anything stupid by giving them a nightmare scenario. I don't know how much was fact and how much was hyperbole. I am sure there was some (or maybe a lot) of truth to it, but the scenarios they described wouldn't (or SHOULDN'T in a fair world) be as cut and dry as they explained.
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Post#46 » by Jeffster81 » Sat Jan 7, 2012 9:55 am

I detest sexual assault/rape as much as the next guy, but this smells like regret of having become a "late night booty call." Castro made an immature decision, but what the hell was the woman doing going to an athletes home at 3:00am?

My question is: why is this story being reported NOW and not at the time it supposedly happen? To me, unless something substantial comes out, this smells like a girl is having regrets about being a "late night booty call."

Return to Chicago Cubs