Image Image Image Image

Great FanGraphs article

GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Great FanGraphs article 

Post#1 » by GYBE » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:31 pm

FanGraphs excellent "Evaluating the Prospects" series focused on the Cubs yesterday. Kiley McDaniel does a great job of thoroughly breaking down the system and I would encourage everyone to read it. But the section I enjoyed most was Dave Cameron's Organizational Overview. I'm going to quote it in full:

The Cubs rebuild has methodical, but it’s almost over. After spending the last few years collecting prospects and building up an internal base of talent, the Cubs are on the verge of being one of the best teams in baseball. Sequencing aside, they played like a .500 team this year, and there’s some serious talent that will contribute in 2015 that should only make the team better. If the Cubs make a few notable Major League acquisitions, as is expected, they could very easily be legitimate contenders for the NL Central next year, and if their group prospects develop at a normal rate, they will probably be the favorites for the title in 2016. And perhaps for quite a while after that. The Cubs are going to be really good, and it might happen as early as next year.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evaluati ... cago-cubs/

We're building something special here. Please, Mr. Lester. won't you join us?

Return to Chicago Cubs