ImageImage

ASG (BRUCE LEVENSON PLEASE READ), FIRE MIKE WOODSON NOW!

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

JoshB914
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#1 » by JoshB914 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:35 am

It's unreal how people look to Woody and not the players when we blow a lead.
Lue_4_MVP
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Lue_4_MVP » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:35 am

Maybe when the Hawks are 19-35 ownership will consider it.
fo_o_fo_404
Senior

ASG (BRUCE LEVENSON PLEASE READ), FIRE MIKE WOODSON NOW! 

Post#3 » by fo_o_fo_404 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:47 am

Bruce Levenson-

If you are reading this....do yourself....do your ownership group.....do the Atlanta Hawk team.....do us, the fans, a favor please........

PLEASE FIRE WOODY NOW!

Give us one of the assistants (Drew, Bender)...I don't care! But Woody is NOT the answer! It's been four years and he is still making the same mistakes as he was back then.

Come on Hawks fans....chime in on this! You all know Levenson is on here reading our blogs!!

I'm tired, as well as you all are, of seeing the same ole s--t time and time again!

FIRE MIKE WOODSON NOW! :pray:
HoopsGuru25
General Manager
And1: 3

Post#4 » by HoopsGuru25 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:51 am

I want Woodson fired but I would rather fire him in the Summer. I don't see the point in firing him if we hire a worse coach on his staff. Woodson was heralded as one of the top assistant coaches in the NBA and learned from two HOF coaches. None of our assistants have even been a candidate for any head coaching jobs in the NBA. If we fire Woody then we need to bring in a real coach in and not an interim. I also think BK has the power to fire Woody and he probably won't if he hasn't already(Woody takes some pressure off BK and they are friends). I also wouldn't mind if BK and Woody got fired.
gsuteke
Senior

Post#5 » by gsuteke » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:58 am

Is there a worse play caller in the NBA?
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#6 » by will » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:59 am

gsuteke wrote:Is there a worse play caller in the NBA?

Woody calls plays?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:46 am

HoopsGuru25, I'm basically with you here. It's not like we have many options, so it's best to keep Woody around until the end of the season, unless things get really messy. If Billy Knight trust one of our assistants so be it, but I don't, and Billy also needs to consider searching for a big man coach that actually knows what he's doing.

Certain coaches can make their players better and I'm not seeing any of this out of our current staff. The positive things from Josh Smith are all by himself and for some of his teammates getting on him. (Like the 3 attempts) Marvin has worked hard throughout the entire year and off-season to improve his game.

The ring Woody has is a nice look but I don't see him improving the team the way we need him too.

Woody needs to be struck by lighting and learn to design some better players because his X's and O's aren't cutting it. He's not slowing the ball down when we are up by a extensive amount of points and he seems to play as if we are always playing catch up.
AU hawksfan
Rookie

Post#8 » by AU hawksfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Why wait to fire him when we still have viable playoff hopes?

Get rid of him while we can! I'm sure even one of our assistants wouldn't slow the pace as much as Woody does in the 4th quarter. BK wanted us to be a Phoenix type team, yet Woody doesn't see it that way. With this rift, I'm surprised Woodson wasn't fired a while ago.
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#9 » by killbuckner » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:33 pm

I think that Woodson hasn't been fired for the same reason the hawks didn't allow those assistants to leave- the Ownership simply didn't want to pay what it would cost to hire anyone new.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:19 pm

killbuckner wrote:I think that Woodson hasn't been fired for the same reason the hawks didn't allow those assistants to leave- the Ownership simply didn't want to pay what it would cost to hire anyone new.

I think your exactly right and theres no need for cheap owners buying into a big city team like Atlanta. We need a ownership that's willing to pay to gain the respect of the fans. I'm not sure if the ASG is willing to do this.
killbuckner
RealGM

Post#11 » by killbuckner » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:05 pm

I do wonder if the fact Woodson hasn't been fired may mean that BK is also on his way out. That the Hawks intend to let the new GM pick the coach if the Hawks don't make the playoffs this season.
conleyorbust
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by conleyorbust » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:29 pm

killbuckner wrote:I do wonder if the fact Woodson hasn't been fired may mean that BK is also on his way out. That the Hawks intend to let the new GM pick the coach if the Hawks don't make the playoffs this season.

dream scenario... I just wonder if ASG would be willing to pay the salary of a coach that didn't suck. Alternatively we could try to find a diamond in the rough but finding a Woody is a lot more likely than finding a Theus.

EDIT: I realize that "finding a Woody" sounds funny. Should have picked up on that.

Return to Atlanta Hawks