Image ImageImage Image

Adrian Griffin's contract (? for Sham)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Mr. Weed
Freshman
And1: 0

Adrian Griffin's contract (? for Sham) 

Post#1 » by Mr. Weed » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:59 pm

So I notice in your recent salary database update that Griffin is listed as non-guaranteed for the 08-09 season. Is this a certainty? Doesn't matter much on the floor, but the extra $1.7 mil could prove signficant as we're up against the tax barrier this offseason.

I was annoyed when Pax gave Griff the 3rd year on that deal, knowing it could end up having a negative impact on our spending, but now I feel relieved that we can kiss him goodbye this summer.

Just wanted to clarify if this was a black & white answer, or if it's a "to the best of my knowledge" projection. Thanks.
newskoolbulls
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by newskoolbulls » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:03 pm

Griff will be back trust me, as soon as we miss the playofss Pax will freeze him in a chamber and then start defrosting him in October.
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#3 » by Three34 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:03 pm

It's certain that it's not fully guaranteed, but how much of it is so I do not know. I am trying to find out. But it is probably fully unguaranteed.

The league issues a bi-monthly salary report to people who need to know, which captures at that moment in time every team's entire payroll for both this season and future seasons. It gets leaked to certain folks via friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend-who-works-for-the-Nuggets type situations. It's a great way, if you know who to tap up, of finding out perfectly accurate salary information.

But the amount of guarantees on certain contracts aren't on it. Those things are very hard to find out. People have to actually see the contract, or completely trust the word of someone who has, to know what it is.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#4 » by kyrv » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks as always Sham. :) :rock:
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#5 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:09 pm

Sham wrote:It's certain that it's not fully guaranteed, but how much of it is so I do not know. I am trying to find out. But it is probably fully unguaranteed.

The league issues a bi-monthly salary report to people who need to know, which captures at that moment in time every team's entire payroll for both this season and future seasons. It gets leaked to certain folks via friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend-who-works-for-the-Nuggets type situations. It's a great way, if you know who to tap up, of finding out perfectly accurate salary information.

But the amount of guarantees on certain contracts aren't on it. Those things are very hard to find out. People have to actually see the contract, or completely trust the word of someone who has, to know what it is.

Consider yourself reported.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Three34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 123

Post#6 » by Three34 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:15 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Consider yourself reported.

It doesn't get leaked to me. If it did, I'd be shouting about it from the friggin' rooftops.

However, I do try to surround myself with the right kind of person that fits in with what we're trying to achieve here, and who will pu tme in a position to succeed.

Return to Chicago Bulls