2/21/08 Pro Hoops Show 

Post#1 » by rilamann » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:56 pm

Babcock on tonight.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:58 pm

Somebody call in and ask him if he'll enjoy being Kohl's bitch when he's hired as GM.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:00 am

trwi7 wrote:Somebody call in and ask him if he'll enjoy being Kohl's bitch when he's hired as GM.

I think he will enjoy it very much.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM
And1: 1,291

Post#4 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:14 am

Way to "correct" me, Babcock

I never said we didn't "try" to make a trade.

I said we didn't MAKE a trade. Nice spin job Babcock. Kohl will definitely give him the GM job after that nonsense.

Epic fail Dave Babcock
97-98
Nick Van Exel (LAL) on defending the Stockton-Malone pick-and-roll: "Yeah,
I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,068

Post#5 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Way to "correct" me, Babcock

I said we didn't MAKE a trade. Nice spin job Babcock. Kohl will definitely give him the GM job after that nonsense.

Epic fail Dave Babcock

Yea what a **** joke.
fantom
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by fantom » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 am

he sure did not answer that question.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#7 » by trwi7 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:Way to "correct" me, Babcock

Epic fail Dave Babcock

I missed it. What happened?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
bigkurty
General Manager
And1: 1,511

Post#8 » by bigkurty » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:17 am

I heard that call and yeah, Babcock is primed to be Kohl's next puppet. Nice try Dan to get a decent answer but unfortunately Babcock is a company man.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:20 am

Babcock is perfect for the position of leader of Loserville.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#10 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:23 am

If anyone else is listening to this, I basically decided to hit him over the head with my "Teams that have made trades since last trading deadline" thread.

I mentioned the "Final Four" (nice term from PP25) and even went even further at ESBF's suggestion and mentioned the Wizards trading the rights to Navaro for a future first and how the Pacers had made a major trade the month before the trading deadline.

I also started my call off by mentioning that Dave Babcock is rumored to be in position to take over as the next GM if/when Larry Harris is fired and how he could do a little mini-audition by responding to my comments/question. He didn't address that part at all :lol:

I specifically asked why Dave Babcock thought we could justify being among the teams to not make a trade considering the Bucks record, etc.

Got the same tired stuff that has been trotted out all season. We're young, you can't just amke a trade to make a trade, etc., etc.

Lame.

I'm not saying we need to make a trade just to make a trade. That's another copout response by Babcock. How is it that every other team is willing/able to make trades during that time span except for the Clippers and us (using ESBF's standard, and also the Wizards and Pacers using mine)?
97-98

bigkurty
General Manager

Post#11 » by bigkurty » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:29 am

Yeah he didn't mention anything about that GM tryout comment. Who knows, maybe he has been told already that he will be the next guy.

I can't stand these crappy Buck's officials.

I like this new caller talking about how terrible the team is though and the funny mention of Ron Walter by Woelful.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#12 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:30 am

Didn't hear it, but sounds lame as always. The Pro Hoops Show, like everything else Bucks, is a waste of time. Dave Babcock, if you can't show your listeners respect, don't do the show.
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#13 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:30 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:If anyone else is listening to this, I basically decided to hit him over the head with my "Teams that have made trades since last trading deadline" thread.

I mentioned the "Final Four" (nice term from PP25) and even went even further at ESBF's suggestion and mentioned the Wizards trading the rights to Navaro for a future first and how the Pacers had made a major trade the month before the trading deadline.

I also started my call off by mentioning that Dave Babcock is rumored to be in position to take over as the next GM if/when Larry Harris is fired and how he could do a little mini-audition by responding to my comments/question. He didn't address that part at all :lol:

I specifically asked why Dave Babcock thought we could justify being among the teams to not make a trade considering the Bucks record, etc.

Got the same tired stuff that has been trotted out all season. We're young, you can't just amke a trade to make a trade, etc., etc.

Lame.

I'm not saying we need to make a trade just to make a trade. That's another copout response by Babcock. How is it that every other team is willing/able to make trades during that time span except for the Clippers and us (using ESBF's standard, and also the Wizards and Pacers using mine)?

Wow that is perfect....Congratulations. I am in your fan club moving forward.
"I just wanted to play because I just love the game," Jennings said. "It doesn't matter to me. I get up to play basketball. It's my job. I have to still be a professional and finish the season."
GrandAdmiralDan
RealGM

Post#14 » by GrandAdmiralDan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:32 am

trwi7 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I missed it. What happened?

He started off his answer by saying.

"Let me just correct you on one thing. We've tried to make trades."

Completely inappropriate to correct someone on something they never said, no?

Classic deflection maneuver that often gets used in politics and media relations.

Babcock is more ready to replace Harris as Kohl's mouthpiece than I had thought. His answer was straight out of Harris' playbook.
97-98

okanoho
Senior
And1: 1

Post#15 » by okanoho » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:33 am

GrandAdmiralDan wrote:If anyone else is listening to this, I basically decided to hit him over the head with my "Teams that have made trades since last trading deadline" thread.

Lame.

because they are **** team that nobody want their garbage from
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,839

Post#16 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:34 am

I'm listening.....I can't tell what is worse...

Sparky....talking over EVERYONE...and not letting Babcock offer any clues or insight....clue to Sparky: We'll listen to your NBA opinions on your show TOMORROW....tonight we want to hear your guest answer tough questions.

Babcock....spewing the company line about Bogut and Yi being future all-stars.....

Gery Woeffel....trying to tell us that Dennis Rodman and Bill Russell weren't physically strong guys so we don't need to worry about Yi being thin, since those two did so well..... :banghead:
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,068

Post#17 » by rilamann » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:36 am

Listening to Babcock or just about anyone in the Bucks front office you'd swear we where 34-20 and not 20-34.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#18 » by blkout » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:38 am

Just started listening, someone from RealGM call in and start going on about how great Zach Randolph is please, it would entertain me.
bigkurty
General Manager

Post#19 » by bigkurty » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:39 am

adamcz wrote:Didn't hear it, but sounds lame as always. The Pro Hoops Show, like everything else Bucks, is a waste of time. Dave Babcock, if you can't show your listeners respect, don't do the show.

It's funny that you bring up lack of respect cause when I listen to him, he has an arrogance to him. LH has that a little but the way he does it seems more endearing almost like he is the cool guy you would like to be friends with because he comes across as so cool and confident. Babcock just comes across like a jerk to me where he can't believe he has to be there answering the questions. The more I listen to him, the more I can't stand this guy already. Am I the only person who feels like that or do you guys think he comes across like a prick as well?
Fight the Tank
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by Fight the Tank » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:40 am

I am almost 100 percent certain that this Babcock guy basically is the G.M. right now. He sounds like a politician and someone who can start deflecting Kohl's criticism from now on. The only reason to pay attention to this team is my new found hatred for the majority of it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks