ImageImage

Bag Night recap thread (GAD meets Kohl)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#61 » by crkone » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:22 am

jeremyd236 wrote:Some guys next to me started a Bobby Simmons chant everytime he attempted (and missed) a field goal.

It was even funnier when they started the "Bogut's Earning" chant (Bogut had a huge rock on his left ear). Bogut kept looking over and laughing with CBell and Yi.

A couple of us heard that Simmons chant and were thinking that was the only time ever anyone has made a Simmons chant.
Bucks_Revenge
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#62 » by Bucks_Revenge » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:24 am

were those the guys in like section 105 or something chanting something couldn't understand.
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#63 » by LarryHarris » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:34 am

If anyone wants to knock it, they can, however, I had a great time, I don't post that often, but this was just a great event and a great way to show our owner that there are still fans that care and we are frustrated. All of the RealGMers I met tonight were great and it was just a really fun experience, and for those who want to knock it, we circled around the consessions area a number of time and we got a huge reaction and now there is that great picture of a super pissed Kohl, extra points to GAD for distracting the usher. Anyways, it was a great time and I'll be excited to attend games in the future with these guys...
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
Epicurus
RealGM
And1: 851

Post#64 » by Epicurus » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:40 am

Guys, if you really want attention to your just cause and even get change, then the Buddhist monks in Vietnam in the 60s offer the best example. Self-immolation is the way to go. I suggest one for each remaining home game, maybe two or three toward the end of the schedule. I realize that the price of gasoline is more now, but it shouldn't matter much when you have so a great cause. Ending brutal dictatorships or foreign occupations pale in comparison to freeing the Bucks from the iron boot of Senator Kohl.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#65 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:44 am

Epicurus wrote:Ending brutal dictatorships or foreign occupations pale in comparison is freeing the Bucks from the iron boot of Senator Kohl.

:rofl:

You know you're sending this link to Terry.......and he's going to laugh as well.......

You should be rejoicing tonight.......we've matured beyond blaming the coach for our problems and figured out where it all starts.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,590

Post#66 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:58 am

MFScho wrote:Where bad press reaches 1.3 billion happens.

Fixed.
Matt Foley
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#67 » by Matt Foley » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:10 am

Great photos! nice meeting you guys..
-Dave ( throw back ray allen jersey )
Andrew34r
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#68 » by Andrew34r » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:12 am

a few more..

JakeCronus has a ton of video of this and will be posting it on you tube...hopefully tommorrow. i have more pics also but im drunk and ready to pass out!
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,229

Post#69 » by Matches Malone » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 am

Who's the guy in the Patterson Jersey? He's almost in every picture. Great job tonight guys!
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#70 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:19 am

Here's our ESPN link....the same thing but still nice.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/photos?ph ... =280315015
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
thakfu
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#71 » by thakfu » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:23 am

I posted this in the game thread... a little something extra to commemorate tonight. Great job guys... so disappointed in myself for not making the drive to participate.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#72 » by worthlessBucks » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:37 am

MikeIsGood wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fixed.

Ah, gracias. I'm going to chalk that lack of inclusion up to my viewing of the Jonestown special that was on the History channel, which coincidentally (vaguely) ties into Epi's suggestion for all Bucks fans. Small world.
BlueJeep
Junior
And1: 0

Post#73 » by BlueJeep » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:45 am

Just got home from Fitzgibbons:

great time tonight, all in attendance will be commended for their specific efforts. alot of fun was had and meeting everyone from the board is always fun.

the turnout was WAY better than i had expected. i was completely suprised when PP showed up. all the pictures were great and i cant wait to see all of them posted.

i must say that for the amount of people we had that this has to be condidered a sucess. the exposure of this event had to reach a large number of the people in attendance. We did all we could.

i couldnt have hoped for anymore than this. I cant beleive we really didnt get hassled one bit by anyone, however this was the first game this year that i had noticed actuall police officers at the arena.

As far as the first jumbotron incident goes; When they hand out the the "Midwest Exspres Upgrade Seats", they always stay focused on the the people giving out the tickets, and the tickets happened to be given out in our section tonight, but when the people handing out the tickets got near us the camera panned away to another completely different section of the arena, it was BS.
Im ruff around the edges like a thug with elegance
The world needs to get up off my nuts cuz everybody actin like some elephants

Buck the World

I have a Ruben Patterson sized man crush on Brandon Jennings
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Post#74 » by Siefer » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:45 am

Epicurus wrote:Guys, if you really want attention to your just cause and even get change, then the Buddhist monks in Vietnam in the 60s offer the best example. Self-immolation is the way to go.

:rofl:

Kohl might just claim it's part of the in-game entertainment.

Great photos, it's commendable how you guys got out and did something to voice your dissatisfaction. Let's hope this sets something in motion.
bigdog13
Junior
And1: 6

Post#75 » by bigdog13 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:04 am

What a nite guys. just want to thank all that took part.

Herb's face is great

Beer at Fitz's before the game $3.75

Ticket to the Game $10.00

having herb with the look of just being punched in the Stomach PRICELESS!!!!!!!

SELL THE TEAM HERB! Or let the basketball guys do there job!

Great work everyone. AP Photo is the best.

Lets see if we can find some photos from any of those china guys

Ian from hartford
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#76 » by stellation » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:35 am

Welcome to the Bradley Centre Cinema.

Coming up next "Herbie goes bananas"
#FreeChuckDiesel
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,409

Post#77 » by steger_3434 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:14 am

Hi everbody. It's Mags posting from steger's laptop (and account). Seems like the revolt was a success. It's about 4am and we're still celebrating at steger's house. Me, steger, GAD, Nowak, schweig, BuckFan, and couple others. Hopefully Simmons, deadspin, brewhoop, truehoop, etc. link us up. That look on Kohl's face in the AP pic is priceless. Round 2 is tentavely in the works, but I think Bill Simmons' meet and greet is #1 priority. Hopefully more of you can make it out...or at least hang with the group *stares at blue jeep*.
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Wise1
RealGM
And1: 256

Post#78 » by Wise1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:58 am

Good stuff. Nice going guys! LOL.
Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,221

Post#79 » by Sigra » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:50 am

:clap:

Great job guys. I am proud of you and I am sad that I couldn't be there. People here always ask me why I am fan of such a bad team. This is why. Best fans in the world period.

That Kohl face is "I am so selling this team as soon as posible" but who cares. Even that is better than status quo
Todd_Day
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#80 » by Todd_Day » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi guys,

To all involved:

You are an integral part of this franchise and should be placed at the top of any and all fan-dom. Willing to get out there and get in
Kohl's face is great great great.

You're in the Bucks hall of fame. If I ever buy the team I'd retire a brown bag with 07-08 on it. As a reminder we have some of the best fans in any sport. Pure love and passion.

......and you guys show up in jerseys and public displays in the lowest of low. Not a fair weather Brewer fan who jumps on when it's get good for 2 or 3 years, or a numbskull attaching a Packer flag to his car.

You guys were awesome, and showed more guts than anyone in uniform or the Bucks organization.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks