The Charger Community Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,404

The Charger Community Thread 

Post#1 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:46 am

Charger fans, introduce yourself here and get to know your comrades in arms.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#2 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:01 am

Hi y'all. Let's see, grew up in San Diego and had season tickets with my dad until I went off to college. Childhood hero was Dan Fout. Am extremely excited about the club right now, if not completely convinced on management and letting Brees go. Looking for to getting a Charger community here off the ground.

ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Post#3 » by ColdBlue » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:54 am

I've been a Charger fan since the Fouts era as well. Looking forward to next season without Marty. :P

But then again we hired Norv. :crazy:
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,732

Post#4 » by Snakebites » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:18 am

Glad to meet ya, comrades.

Dont let my name fool you, Im San Diego born and raised, and root for both the Chargers and Padres above any and all teams in their respective sports.

My father grew up near Detroit and introduced me to the Pistons, who became my team for life. But, where a San Diego sports team presented itself, I latched on.

They have done a great job building a talented team here in San Diego, and these guys are a real pleasure to watch. Now all thats left is to translate it into playoff success.

Dont know much about the new coach. Can anyone else here fill me in?
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#5 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:51 am

Pistons#1 wrote:Dont know much about the new coach. Can anyone else here fill me in?

Known as a guru on offense, but has a very poor track record as a head coach. Supposedly one of the dealbreakers was that he had to give his defensive coordinator full control over defense.

Basically, wouldn't have been my top choice, but I'm not going to give up on our title chase just yet.

MetaKnick13
General Manager
And1: 343

Post#6 » by MetaKnick13 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm a Charger fan since about 2002(when I got into football). I live on the East Coast(NY) but you will never see me rooting for the Jets or Giants, it's all about the Chargers. Hopefully next year will be our year to win it all.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#7 » by BlackMamba » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:24 pm

hello to all the chargers fans!!!

ive lived all my life in mexico city and when i was a young kid i used to follow football but didnt had a team, i only hated the cowboys after winning vs. the bills and i felt sorry and pitty for the bills and i kind of made them my team, but really never followed them.

then i got more into football the year the chargers make it to the super bowl and i remember i deffinitely made them my team after reading a sports illustrated issue when they were 5-0 or 6-0 (cant remember really). i dont know in the states, but here in mexico everybody called humphries "el cachet
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#8 » by LLcoleJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:27 pm

Hello,

I am probably not the normal Charger fan, but a fan for sure.

I grew up in So. Cal and I was a ram fan.. ( huge ram fan) I had always followed the Raiders ( when they were in LA and the Chargers) So, when the rams moved .. i was without a team. ( I have hate and disdain for Georgia Frontiare)

Since then I have cheered for both teams in some capacity. I live in San Diego now ...and love watching LT and Merriman.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
CB4_Toronto_Raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#9 » by CB4_Toronto_Raptors » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:45 pm

Hey guys. You get to have a bitching, controling, trolling Raptor fan on this board aswell :wink:

I'm also a Charger fan I've been a fan for a few years since I started getting in to football I'm just about 17 right now. SD was one of the 1st teams I started watching and well I became a huge fan of LT and have been a Charger fan the past 4 years or so. The last 2 years I've been hardcore and I look forward to talking Charger football with you guys.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#10 » by BlackMamba » Tue Apr 3, 2007 12:30 am

CB4_Toronto_Raptors wrote:Hey guys. You get to have a bitching, controling, trolling Raptor fan on this board aswell :wink:

why God, why!!?!?!?!?!??!?!

:wink:
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#11 » by Doctor MJ » Tue Apr 3, 2007 1:41 am

I'm lovin finding out who's a Charger fan. It's going to be fun having folks normally on opposite sides in basketball all coming together.

Phil, I am sympathetic to your perspective, I grew up in both LA and San Diego. I'd be a Charger fan regardless, but I do have some definite emotional ties to the Rams (less so the Raiders). With both former LA teams though, I have a Clipper-type issue: It's hard to cheer for a team if I don't think the management gives a damn about fans.

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#12 » by LLcoleJ » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:09 am

Right on Doc.

Ya, I grew up in LA/Bayarea/San Diego. ( carlsbad now)

I understand what you are getting at in regards to management and said team.

That is why I find myslef leaning towards the Chargers these days.

Plus I L.O.V.E L.T...and Merriman.

Look forward to the Charger community.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#13 » by Doctor MJ » Tue Apr 3, 2007 11:28 pm

Cool, I went to high school in Fallbrook and once worked in Carlsbad. Now I represent the LBC.

Effigy
RealGM
And1: 11,931

Post#14 » by Effigy » Sun Apr 8, 2007 4:29 am

I became a Charger fan a few years ago, as my interest in the NFL grew.

I originally started following them in 98 when we drafted Ryan Leaf. My first year at Washington State was his last year at the school, so I followed the Chargers to see how he did, after he became the greatest bust in NFL history I stuck around, encouraged by the solid draft class that brought us LT and Brees.

Last year I flew down to SD and attended my first game, against KC. I plan to do that again this year, hopefully I can see us beat the hated Broncos.
KB20
Head Coach
And1: 4

Post#15 » by KB20 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:09 pm

I just started following football this past season. I watched the Chargers and fell in love with LT and Merriman. They've become my team in the NFL though I also like the Colts and Saints.
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#16 » by Sofa King » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:44 am

Wow... this is here. Never knew. :lol:
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#17 » by Doctor MJ » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:25 am

Diesel Boy wrote:Wow... this is here. Never knew. :lol:

It's new. Join us! :football: :rockon: :wizard:

Sofa King
RealGM

Post#18 » by Sofa King » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:17 am

Yeah, and I was bitching on the NBA forum... who the hell closed of the NFL Gridiron forum? :lol:

This is so much better. :nod:
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#19 » by JellosJigglin » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:47 pm

Hey all. I got into football when I moved to San Diego for college in '99. Went to UCSD for a few years and then moved back to L.A.

Ironically, I actually grew up a Raider fan (when they were in L.A.). It was more out of association though, since I wasn't really that into football. But my dad has been a longtime Raider fan. I've been able to have a lot of fun with him watching the Chargers humiliate them the last few years :lol:. But hey, I paid my due during the leaf era (his last name doesn't deserve capitalization).

I like this forum a lot and I'm looking forward to talking football with all of you. Now that the Laker season is pretty much over (:() I can look closer at the Chargers and their new draft picks. Can't wait for the season to begin!
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#20 » by Sofa King » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:09 am

First game I saw was indeed a Raiders game. Man, still remember Howie Long and John Madden and had no idea who they were then. :lol:

Now, with LA without a team, I've been cheering for the Chargers for about four years now. Yeah, I may not be a die hard Chargers fan, but I do like LT and Merriman. Actually read an article about Merriman's side about his life and his side of the steroids allegation. Now I'm a bigger fan of his than before. LIGHT OUTS!

Return to Los Angeles Chargers