Top 5 Loudest NBA Playoff Arena's

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Retrovision
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Top 5 Loudest NBA Playoff Arena's 

Post#1 » by Retrovision » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:55 pm

I think
1. Utah
2. Boston
3. New Orleans
4. Cleveland
5. Atlanta
Yangsing
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Re: Top 5 Loudest NBA Playoff Arena's 

Post#2 » by Yangsing » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Utah
Sacramento
Portland
Boston
Golden State
Silk Wilkes
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#3 » by Silk Wilkes » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:08 pm

I'm not sure in what order but in this year's playoffs:

Toronto
Utah
New Orleans
Boston
Atlanta

...I'm not sure how you left Toronto out, it was madness.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#4 » by Baller 24 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Golden State
Boston
Sacramento
LA
Utah...sigh.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
A.J.
Banned User

Post#5 » by A.J. » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:16 pm

This year

Celtics
Utah
New Orleans
Hawks
Lakers
Bank Shot
RealGM
And1: 10,217

Post#6 » by Bank Shot » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:30 pm

A.J. wrote:This year

Celtics
Utah
New Orleans
Hawks
Lakers

No chance they were louder then Toronto. You would never hear the criticism that's been thrown at the LA crowd directed at a playoff Toronto crowd. I'd put the Lakers crowd in the bottom 5 before the top 5.

For this year mine would go like this:
1) Utah - there's some messed up fans in Utah. Great atmosphere if your a Jazz fan.
2) Boston - so-so to start the playoffs but the crowd really stepped it up in the finals.
3) Toronto - Not that it changed the outcome of the series but the Toronto fans were crazy enough to get in Howard's head. Game 3 was pretty damn loud.
4) Cleveland - I think their crowd gets underrated. They're pretty good during the regular season too.
5) NO/Atlanta - I have a tough time choosing between these two so I won't. :D
HarlemHeat37
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#7 » by HarlemHeat37 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:33 pm

Lakers shouldn't be involved..half the time, the fans there didn't even seem to care..it's for the look of being at a Laker game..
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#8 » by TheOUTLAW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Bank Shot wrote:
A.J. wrote:This year

Celtics
Utah
New Orleans
Hawks
Lakers

No chance they were louder then Toronto. You would never hear the criticism that's been thrown at the LA crowd directed at a playoff Toronto crowd. I'd put the Lakers crowd in the bottom 5 before the top 5.

For this year mine would go like this:
1) Utah - there's some messed up fans in Utah. Great atmosphere if your a Jazz fan.
2) Boston - so-so to start the playoffs but the crowd really stepped it up in the finals.
3) Toronto - Not that it changed the outcome of the series but the Toronto fans were crazy enough to get in Howard's head. Game 3 was pretty damn loud.
4) Cleveland - I think their crowd gets underrated. They're pretty good during the regular season too.
5) NO/Atlanta - I have a tough time choosing between these two so I won't. :D

I agree with your assessment of the Cavs crowds. People just don't realize how crazy it is there. During the playoffs it was downright bananas.

The ones that immediately came to mind for me were Utah and Sacramento however.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
The Main Event
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#9 » by The Main Event » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:56 pm

Unless you have been to a variety of Arenas during the playoffs you cant make a valid list. TV always tones down background noise and the viewing audience never gets a real feel for how loud it really is.
"A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team."
- Pat Riley
BubbaTee
Head Coach
And1: 546

Post#10 » by BubbaTee » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:59 pm

HarlemHeat37 wrote:Lakers shouldn't be involved..half the time, the fans there didn't even seem to care..it's for the look of being at a Laker game..

I think the rule for Laker games is it's rude to cheer too loudly or you'll disturb the 60% of the crowd that's talking on their cellphones or texting instead of watching the game.

Yeah, if I were Buss I'd turn down the lights so no one on TV can see the crowd not cheering, too.
And 1 Amare
Banned User

Post#11 » by And 1 Amare » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:51 pm

The thing that had me shocked in this years playoffs was the Cleveland Cavaliers crowd, no offense though. Remember when the Celtics were in Cleveland and were losing by 20+ points? The crowd was just sitting down clapping their hands even though the Cavs were blowing out the best team in the NBA. I was like wow, if this was Utah or Golden State with a 20 point lead against Boston, the arena would be deafening. And the thing is, the Cavs fans only got up and cheered whenever the Cavs did some nice play, but then every other moment was just them sitting down. They wait for something to happen, instead of helping their team make something happen. Oh well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
Parasight
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#12 » by Parasight » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Utah - Throwing **** at the players counts as being "loud" too right? Those Salt Lake nut jobs are unforgiving fans.

Boston - I hate Boston the team. But I love Boston the fans. A true sports city.

Golden State - The loudest place in California (not like the Lakers give them a run for their money, but SacTown is good too)

Sacramento - I really hope they make the playoffs soon.

Toronto - Homer pick. I know how loud it gets here, so I can speak from experience. Game 3 was the loudest environment I've ever been in, hands down.
pace31
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,339

Post#13 » by pace31 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:06 pm

Utah
Golden State
Boston
Sacramento
Toronto
Abyss Impact
Banned User

Post#14 » by Abyss Impact » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:38 pm

The reason Golden State's arena is so loud is because they haven't been to the playoffs for what? 12 years until last season, so... Watch them be a regular playoff contender and their fans will get tired and won't be as loud as last season (06-07)
bullzman23
RealGM
And1: 3

Post#15 » by bullzman23 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:48 pm

I was at Philips Arena for games 3 and 6 against Boston. Take it from me, the crowd was ridiculous. Game 6 had the largest crowd in Hawks history.
girlygirl wrote:Sorry, I just don't think MJ changed the game all that much.

www.theslickscript.com
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#16 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Utah
New Orleans
Spurs
Miami
Kings
chriswebb86
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by chriswebb86 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:46 pm

I think any list starts with the Sacramento Kings on top. During the early part of the decade they had readings of the Acro Arena and it was louder then a 747.
tylero87
Junior

Post#18 » by tylero87 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:55 pm

As a season ticket holder I can tell you the Utah crowd gets crazy insane for the Jazz. Whenever the team went through a slump in any game, whether they were losing or squandering a lead the crowd would rise to their feet and remain there till the Jazz got rolling again. We have a hall of fame mascot in the Jazz bear that does a tremendous job of getting the crowd pumped plus our in game announcer Dan Roberts is one of the best. Our arena is designed to filter noise to the floor and unlike the celeb's in LA, our fans are exactly that...FANZ. We don't show up in the 2nd quarter, we don't leave to beat traffic early, we're there from player intros till the confettii falls in the end. Not to mention no arena has been or will ever be louder than Utah in the playoffs.

Props to Boston fans in the finals, you really got up for your team.

So as it stands loudest playoff arenas in TODAYS NBA are:

1. UTAH
2. Boston
3. Golden State
4. Cleveland/Atlanta/Detroit
5. Hornets (Rick Flair WOOO has to go)

“Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.”

-Thoreau
amb1ent
Veteran
And1: 17

Post#19 » by amb1ent » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:30 pm

tylero87 wrote:As a season ticket holder I can tell you the Utah crowd gets crazy insane for the Jazz. Whenever the team went through a slump in any game, whether they were losing or squandering a lead the crowd would rise to their feet and remain there till the Jazz got rolling again. We have a hall of fame mascot in the Jazz bear that does a tremendous job of getting the crowd pumped plus our in game announcer Dan Roberts is one of the best. Our arena is designed to filter noise to the floor and unlike the celeb's in LA, our fans are exactly that...FANZ. We don't show up in the 2nd quarter, we don't leave to beat traffic early, we're there from player intros till the confettii falls in the end. Not to mention no arena has been or will ever be louder than Utah in the playoffs.

Props to Boston fans in the finals, you really got up for your team.

So as it stands loudest playoff arenas in TODAYS NBA are:

1. UTAH
2. Boston
3. Golden State
4. Cleveland/Atlanta/Detroit
5. Hornets (Rick Flair WOOO has to go)

now i've heard it all.
Retrovision
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by Retrovision » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:00 am

I forgot to mention Toronto they are nuts , i loved that Lets Go Raptors VC Sucks. I went to a couple home hawks playoff games and I almost had to hold my ears after Joe Johnson 3 pointers. I think the Detroit and Los Angeles had the quietest fans.

Return to The General Board