ImageImageImage

WIP: Rumblings about a trade with Iguodala?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LongLiveHinkie
RealGM
And1: 3,963

WIP: Rumblings about a trade with Iguodala? 

Post#1 » by LongLiveHinkie » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:59 am

I caught the tail end of a conversation between host Big Daddy and a caller on the overnight. Big Daddy isn't claiming to have inside, and he never has, but he mentioned something about big rumblings about Iguodala being traded in a sign and trade. He said he had no idea for who. I'm guessing one of Big Daddy's media buddies passed this along to him.

Not sure if there is any fire to this at all or if it is just total BS. SF1976... anything to this?
underpressure
Analyst
And1: 239

Re: WIP: Rumblings about a trade with Iguodala? 

Post#2 » by underpressure » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:29 am

Well, the front office has recently assured Brand that Iguodala will be back. Unless there is a proposal which we cannot pass I am expecting to see Iguodala in a Sixers uniform next season.

If that rumour has any legs, Iguodala could be possibly dealt for Redd, Gordon and x or any player who can hit the three pointer.
sixers_610
General Manager
And1: 68

Post#3 » by sixers_610 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 am

if we trade iguodala for a guy like redd or gordon, stefanski should be fired immediately.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Nothing to this. Iguodala will be here.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,340

Post#5 » by 76ciology » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:33 pm

With the Clippers using their caproom with Camby and Elton being told by the Sixers' management that they will resign Iggy. I think it's 90 percent sure that Iggy will sign with the Sixers. Although I must admit that I would love to trade Iggy for Redd or Gordon and Noah package, I'd be fine if he starts at the 2 spot next season with his reasonable contract.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Rhea said something about a big name Sixers trade this morning too..heard it on WIP...but she didnt give any details.....I havent heard anything though...I will see if I can squeeze any info out of my buddy.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#7 » by Skates » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Sammy is big and has a name, not sure if that qualifies as a big name,but if there is any truth to the rumors, please let it be him. I am not anti-Sammy and he SHOULD fit next to Brand nicely. I just question whether he will and whether he pissed off the organization when he threw his little tantrum last year during our big winning push. Some three team deal that would get us Kristic and Nachbar would be decent if we believe Kristic to be healthy.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Someone call WIP and ask what this is about.....lol...
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#9 » by tk76 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:Someone call WIP and ask what this is about.....lol...

Ratings for WIP.

I mean seriously, the day after the MLB All Star game- there's nothing interesting to talk about. I guess they need a better hook than summer league to get some Sixers talk going... wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to manufacture news to keep a talk show going.
PhillyRocks1
Junior
And1: 9

Post#10 » by PhillyRocks1 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 pm

tk76 wrote:
sixerfan1976 wrote:Someone call WIP and ask what this is about.....lol...

Ratings for WIP.

I mean seriously, the day after the MLB All Star game- there's nothing interesting to talk about. I guess they need a better hook than summer league to get some Sixers talk going... wouldn't be the first time someone has tried to manufacture news to keep a talk show going.

That might be true. One problem, they aren't talking about it.

And please people, stop with the Brand was promise stuff. Lukko was on WIP with Eskin a few days ago and stated, and I do believe he is the head of the team, that Brand was promised nothing about Iggy being here. So lets stop with the Brand was promised stuff. OK.
sixerfan1976
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by sixerfan1976 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:57 pm

if its a hot rumor with big names..wouldnt they talk about it more than once?
sixerz
Ballboy

Post#12 » by sixerz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:04 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:if its a hot rumor with big names..wouldnt they talk about it more than once?

I believe Rhea told Big Daddy to stop talking about it. It sounds like they were given the rumor off the record and someone let it slip.
panacea
Veteran

Post#13 » by panacea » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:06 pm

crazylyf wrote:With the Clippers using their caproom with Camby and Elton being told by the Sixers' management that they will resign Iggy. I think it's 90 percent sure that Iggy will sign with the Sixers. Although I must admit that I would love to trade Iggy for Redd or Gordon and Noah package, I'd be fine if he starts at the 2 spot next season with his reasonable contract.

key phrase: "with his reasonable contract". if he's going to be extended for a ridiculous amount (more than 12-13M per), i think the sixers need to look into a S&T.
bedjaw
Senior
And1: 44

Post#14 » by bedjaw » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:16 pm

underpressure wrote:Well, the front office has recently assured Brand that Iguodala will be back. Unless there is a proposal which we cannot pass I am expecting to see Iguodala in a Sixers uniform next season.

If that rumour has any legs, Iguodala could be possibly dealt for Redd, Gordon and x or any player who can hit the three pointer.

Iggy is not untouchable but he will bring back an elite franchise altering player. None of the guys you mentioned are in that category.
oldschool1
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#15 » by oldschool1 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:16 pm

[quote="Skates"]Sammy is big and has a name, not sure if that qualifies as a big name,but if there is any truth to the rumors, please let it be him. I am not anti-Sammy and he SHOULD fit next to Brand nicely. I just question whether he will and whether he pissed off the organization when he threw his little tantrum last year during our big winning push. Some three team deal that would get us Kristic and Nachbar would be decent if we believe Kristic to be healthy.[/quote]

I think a potential Dalembert deal is likely. How about a sign and trade with Biedrins of Golden State. iot migt even creat a little cap room for the sixers if Biendrins salary is less than Sam's.... or how about Sam for Josh Smith? Start Brand at Center. We might be a little small, but if you could sign a Kristic or a servicable center (20 to 25 minute guy), it would be interesting. If Ed feels that the team can not win with Sam, if we can get better value, I would pull the trigger
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Post#16 » by tk76 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:21 pm

I had been strongly opposed to moving same while we had a hole at PF and no back-up center.

Now that we have Brand/Speights/Smith/Evans I'm more than happy to move Sam if it means a big value return.

I do think Sam will work great next to Brand, but I wouldn't mind him being moved.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#17 » by Skates » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:24 pm

Perhaps there is a Ricky Sanchez deal in the works. :)
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by dond » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:53 pm

sixers_610 wrote:if we trade iguodala for a guy like redd or gordon, stefanski should be fired immediately.

BINGO !!!

Congratulations !!!

I believe you are the first to use the words STEFANSKI and FIRED in the same sentence.
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.
dond
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by dond » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:56 pm

sixerfan1976 wrote:Nothing to this. Iguodala will be here.

You know ... I will actually be somewhat surprised if he is. I mean ... he definitely does not fit the role of a shooting guard. He is definitely a good basketball player and he could work out as just that ... but if they want a good shooter, he isn't it.
If you cannot convince others that you are right, you probably aren't.
Sandalf42
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#20 » by Sandalf42 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

SF1976, do you know how the negotiations with Iguodola, and Williams, are going? Thanks.
Micheal:.... I mean, you wouldn't arrest a guy who just deals drugs from one person to another.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers