ImageImageImageImageImage

trade claim from other site

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

lakeshow248
Senior
And1: 1

trade claim from other site 

Post#1 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:08 am

Dude says he heard Vlad and Mihm for Battier and Chuck Hayes.... said he heard it watching tonights game...probably a pipe dream as the Lakers D is depressing--Sac Twn tonight Boston on X MAS means trouble.....thought I'd post it in hopes a Christmas Miracle happens and it's true.
lakeshow248
Senior

Re: trade claim from other site 

Post#2 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:15 am

Something you would think is up, Walton gets no time what so ever, and he is not in their for his shooting or his D and then Vlad gets zero minutes after shooting great for the last 2 weeks or so--like what am I not getting. Is this a random benching for shooting well, Vlad had a game where he had like three dunks last week.

Even if dude made this up--it is a sweet idea because Hayes adds some toughness and Battier is solid team player.
SashAlex
Lead Assistant
And1: 345

Post#3 » by SashAlex » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:32 am

Do it Mitch !
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#4 » by Dr Aki » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:34 am

why would houston want to help the lakers?

battier is a better defender than artest AND on a reasonable contract to boot

im sure houston believe there are easier backup centers to try to acquire than chris mihm

and srsly, vladi??? maybe houston has a three pt problem, but theyd at least try to see how battier shoots the ball before pressing the panic button
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#5 » by NOODLESTYLE » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:10 am

Does it work under the cap?
ReaListik
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#6 » by ReaListik » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:26 am

I like Shane Battier a lot both as a person and a player. The guy is a good player to have around during the long season. He's got defensive skills and has intensity.

If this could get done I'd definitely make this trade happen.
lakeshow248
Senior

Post#7 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:27 am

i checked it on trade checker and it was dead on perfect...
CITYOFANGELSX3
RealGM
And1: 151

Post#8 » by CITYOFANGELSX3 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:28 am

aaaaaaahahahahhahahahaha

hahahhaha

IBTL.
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#9 » by NOODLESTYLE » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:34 am

Well this probably won't be locked, probably just moved to the Official Trade Thread.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#10 » by Slava » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:44 am

Can you link us to the mentioned site please?
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
lakeshow248
Senior

Post#11 » by lakeshow248 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:54 am

it got bumped from pro sports daily after around 9 posts but all interesting threads have been non existent so I added it here...normally I wouldn't have put it here but things have been slower than the Lakers D on here.......I even checked and both Battier and Hayes played tonight, the salaries matched on trade checker and I'm still puzzled by the Vlad zero minutes. As for Sasha I thought he had fractured ankle or something in preseason, now he gets little min and is off on his shot.

Like for me starting Fish, Kobe, Bynum, Gasol and Sasha would be the best possible lineup, not but in slow hand LUKE.... Like what is the explanation for Vlad....more ball movement vs. Vlad hitting threes, more ball movement vs. defence, luke has none and vlad as well ......Their has to be something to it......

Even if Luke starts and Trevor is off the bench why no burn for Vlad and his spacing w/ the three, triangle 101. The only space Luke and Trevor create is the foot or so they are off when they miss from the outside and the oppositon get the rebound....
shobe_81
Inactive user
Inactive user

Post#12 » by shobe_81 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 am

:lol:

Who's this "dude"?

Shane Battier and Hayes two great defenders

for

Vlad and Mihm, mainly scrubs at defense and 1 good 1 dimensional 3pt shooter

Yea ok :roll:

That's like Rockets saying, "why not give the Lakers a championship this year, yea lets do" :roll:
That Nicka
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#13 » by That Nicka » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:45 am

If this happens, I'll probably jizz my pants
mr-EEE
Sophomore

Post#14 » by mr-EEE » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:54 pm

with this defense that battier will bring to the lakers, IF he comes is a one way ticket to the championship
"to be the man, you got to beat the man" -RICK FOX (3 Time NBA Champion)
fareweatherfan
Senior

Post#15 » by fareweatherfan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:02 pm

I've been saying it since the game at Sactown, the Lakers must be preparing to move Vladi or Luke.

If its Vladi, they're sitting him to avoid injury and poor play. He's been doing exactly what we've asked of him since he arrived, yet we bench him?

If its Luke, they're playing him to showcase that he is injury free and capable of playing big minutes.

I personally think this trade works well for both teams. The Rockets feel like Hayes is redundant (see Landry-who they are much higher on), Battier is redundant (see Artest) and they need shooters badly. Also, they like to go to small ball a few times a game and Vlad would be a great PF in that system. Lastly, Mihm (if/when healthy) is one of the best backup centers in the league.

I won't even go into why the Lakers should do this deal, its a no brainer. Battier is exactly the tough-minded player we need (and he can shoot the 3, to boot). IMO he would round out our roster perfectly.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 13,969

Post#16 » by shrink » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:38 pm

First, I think you guys are seriously under-estimating the negative trade value a guy like Vlad has. A guy with an 8.15 EFF should be sitting on a $6.5 mil contract, but that third year is the real crusher. Up to 20 teams have a chance at being under the salary cap for the 2010 Free Agent "summer of LeBron" frenzy. It's going to cost a decent player to move that contract.

However, to use Vlad and Mihm, and get Battier in a deal? That's just lunacy.

Battier is also a three-year deal, but he's FAR more desired than Vlad. Moreover, this deal only saves the rockets a couple mil, so there's not even any real financial benefit.
fareweatherfan
Senior

Post#17 » by fareweatherfan » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:52 pm

^All great points, but tell what else they are going to get for Battier that fits their needs better?

End of the day Battier doesn't fit anymore with Ron around. They need spot up shooters and a solid back up center. AND don't underestimate the Rockets drive to win a championship now. They are not waiting for the free agency of 2010, they feel like they have their core (and I agree, when healthy, they are scary with a shooter on the floor). I think this trade addresses their needs better than anything else out there, and they only lose two players they don't need.

Again, I can't argue any of the points you made, I just think these considerations outweigh yours. Thoughts?
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#18 » by snaquille oatmeal » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm

jeees...usss!!!!

did anybody actually read Lakeshows 248 posts????????? :lol:

reasons why you should not take his posts seriously:
1. no link in original posts
2. he got "bumped" from another site after 9 posts!!!
3. after being asked to provide a link he did not produce.
4. claims that because things were not interesting was the reason why this thread was opened.
5. the trade does not make sense for the Rockets.
6. it makes more than perfect sense for the Lakers and it fits "perfectly" in the trade checker.
7. Phil Jackson has already explained why Vladi is getting 0 minutes yet OP does not understand, therefor, it must be a trade in the works.
8. this should have been a suggestion trade and not reported as factual.

i think we are falling for some sort of an evolved advanced Dexmore type of new life form.
Forum permissions