Kevin Garnett cheap shot on Marco Belinelli

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

crzy
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Kevin Garnett cheap shot on Marco Belinelli 

Post#1 » by crzy » Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAfp6ZCsvGc

What a vagina. He keeps picking on small European guards and rookies. Someone really needs to kick this guy's ass. :x
Iran Haddadi
Banned User

Re: Kevin Garnett cheap shot on Marco Belinelli 

Post#2 » by Iran Haddadi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:00 am

KG is a villain that's what he is. Ron Artest, if there was ever a time for punch someone and get suspended, now is that time.

If this was the 80s boy oh boy. Imagine if KG did that stuff to the Bad Boy Pistons. Bill Laimbeer would tear KG a new one.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#3 » by J-Rich- » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:04 am

I think kg got beat up and lost a girlfriend to a euro so he has to take it out on any euro he sees
robert_84s
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#4 » by robert_84s » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:11 am

Not needed whatsoever. These type of posts can and will get you suspended or waived. BR
Chubby Chaser
Banned User

Post#5 » by Chubby Chaser » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:15 am

You just got to pop KG early in the game and he'll back off. Lamar did it to him during the Christmas game. KG bumped Lamar in the high post and Lamar wasn't having it and threw his a## on the floor. KG got up looked at him, realized he wasn't a 6 ft tall european, and walked away and behaved for the rest of the game. He's just like any other bully, you pop him once in the mouth and he'll shut up for the whole game. That's why he picks on little guys because he knows they'll cry to the refs before they come back at him. KG is soft. He's all bark and no bite. He'd much rather shoot cute fade away jumpers in the paint then bang inside. Pau bangs inside more than KG does.
Elj4y
Pro Prospect
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Elj4y » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:16 am

I'd like to see him play the Raps and then try that stuff on JO. As long as KG doesn't throw a cheap kick to his knee, that would be pretty interesting. The rest of the Raps are pretty soft, but I wouldn't mess with guys like JO, Graham or even Humphries for that matter.
You either retire a champion, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Raptor.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#7 » by dockingsched » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:20 am

Chubby Chaser wrote:You just got to pop KG early in the game and he'll back off. Lamar did it to him during the Christmas game. KG bumped Lamar in the high post and Lamar wasn't having it and threw his a## on the floor. KG got up looked at him, realized he wasn't a 6 ft tall european, and walked away and behaved for the rest of the game. He's just like any other bully, you pop him once in the mouth and he'll shut up for the whole game. That's why he picks on little guys because he knows they'll cry to the refs before they come back at him. KG is soft. He's all bark and no bite. He'd much rather shoot cute fade away jumpers in the paint then bang inside. Pau bangs inside more than KG does.

ha ha, yeah. kg tried huffing and puffing his way in the post and lamar laid his ass out. kg saw it was lamar and backed away, behaving for the rest of the night.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#8 » by JES12 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:23 am

I'd like to see Garnett suspended for taunting. he does it every game and no one calls anything. I think Stern has put out a mandate to leave KG alone and let him do whatever he wants.

I used to have real high respect for KG...since being in Boston, that has turned 1180 degrees.
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#9 » by 10scott10 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:26 am

JES12 wrote:I'd like to see Garnett suspended for taunting. he does it every game and no one calls anything. I think Stern has put out a mandate to leave KG alone and let him do whatever he wants.

I used to have real high respect for KG...since being in Boston, that has turned 1180 degrees.

you must be extremely dizzy then
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Duiz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:27 am

I am starting to dislike KG. It use to be fun and funny to see him go nuts with a ball, banging it on his head of yelling to himself. That was fine... all of that was self-talk, and self-motivation... something that affected him and that upped his game. But now, he is using others, his own teammates and poor guards on the other teams. KG is becoming Ron Artest. Watch out, because soon we might see another another Palaca of Auburn Hills-like incident, because someone is not gonna be tolerating KG's arrogance.
Eww Stop It
Banned User

Post#11 » by Eww Stop It » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:38 am

I have a ton of respect for Kevin Garnett's game and career, but he's starting to receive the same level of complaints that Kobe got when people called him "cocky and arrogant".

I was truly happy for Garnett when he first became a Celtic. He finally got put in a good situation to win, he's been waiting over a decade for that. But at some point during his current stint with Boston, he started becoming hella arrogant. I know he's always been a fierce competitor and no one complained about it before, but for some reason it seems like that same ferociousness is leaning towards the cocky side.

I'm pretty sure Celtics fans would disagree, since they probably don't realize how other people see it. For my Warriors, people often disliked Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson because they were all loudmouths 24/7 and were very vocal during games. For my team, I never saw anything wrong with that, and the vocal leadership is what helped the Warriors chemistry and helped them get 48 wins last season after their 0-6 start without Jackson. And wtf I don't even know where i'm going with this LOLOLOLOL, if you read this whole thing so far you just wasted your time.

But yeah. KG is a punk and i've been noticing it. I loved his fighting spirit when he was a struggling underdog on the Minnesota Timberwolves, but now that he's on a historically dominant team there's really no need to do all that showboating. During the Celtics/Hawks game, KG yelled some profanity at a Hawks fan while Garnett was coming out of a time out. He called the guy a bitch and then turned around and waved the guy off. But anyways, at this point of his career, he should learn how to show some restraint and professionalism since he's already a veteran who has done it all already.

At the same time, it's not like Garnett was being a complete bully in that video. I can understand why he was mad. Marco Belinelli was drawing a ton of charging fouls (it was very Manu-esque) and it pissed the hell out of the Celtics.
Idunkon1stdates
Senior
And1: 22

Post#12 » by Idunkon1stdates » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:40 am

That wasn't a cheap shot; that was beautiful. I'd love to see more of that in bball.
Eww Stop It
Banned User

Post#13 » by Eww Stop It » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:47 am

It's also a good experience for Marco Belinelli, he needs to feel something like that (especially from a future Hall of Famer) to spark some type of fire within himself.

When Marco got drafted last season and scored a very efficient 37 points in his first Summer League game, I got my hopes up. I thought that Nellie found a gem that would be very key for the Warriors for 07-08; Marco ended up riding the bench the whole season and seeing garbage time whenever the Warriors would blow other teams out.

With this season, the Warriors have been playing without their top 4 scorers, which gave Belinelli an opportunity to finally show what he's got.

With the absence of Monta Ellis, Jamal Crawford, and Corey Maggette (Three 20 ppg players), Belinelli certainly rose to the occasion. Belinelli quickly went from being a garbage time player, to playing a full game against Ray Allen and Paul Pierce guarding him, along with Kevin Garnett guarding him in the paint. Belinelli showed up on defense, and made key three pointers against the tough defensive minded Celtics. I don't give a crap if the Celtics were coming off a back to back; they won their previous B2B's and you can't possibly say that they didn't show up against a D-League team because they just played an afternoon game the day before. And then i'm just typing random stuff right now to make this paragraph seem hella long lolololol hahahah i'm hella bored. When people first take a glance at this post, they'll be like "wtf, this m*thaf&cka doesn't know how to paraphrase his damn statements!!". lol. but yeah celtics need to warriors and belinelli monta is good and then eddie house key three pointers but missed a couple as well paul pierce from oakland but grew up in los angeles oh yeah leon powe is my oakland **** he knows the ins and out of the town ahhha this paragraph is hella long and celtics timberwolves someone is going to quote this post and be like dude you have problems, go get a life kid. hahahahaha. ummm, what else. im producing a track for GUESS WHO?!?!haha don't worry you'll find out soon. haha.

So basically, it was a great learning curve for Marco. This game and situation that he was put in is the true NBA definition of "learning on the job". Marco will greatly help to solidify the Warriors bench once Monta and Crawford comes back.
J-Rich-
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#14 » by J-Rich- » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:50 am

dcash4 wrote:
Chubby Chaser wrote:You just got to pop KG early in the game and he'll back off. Lamar did it to him during the Christmas game. KG bumped Lamar in the high post and Lamar wasn't having it and threw his a## on the floor. KG got up looked at him, realized he wasn't a 6 ft tall european, and walked away and behaved for the rest of the game. He's just like any other bully, you pop him once in the mouth and he'll shut up for the whole game. That's why he picks on little guys because he knows they'll cry to the refs before they come back at him. KG is soft. He's all bark and no bite. He'd much rather shoot cute fade away jumpers in the paint then bang inside. Pau bangs inside more than KG does.

ha ha, yeah. kg tried huffing and puffing his way in the post and lamar laid his ass out. kg saw it was lamar and backed away, behaving for the rest of the night.

is there a vid of this?
Eww Stop It
Banned User

Post#15 » by Eww Stop It » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:55 am

Idunkon1stdates wrote:That wasn't a cheap shot; that was beautiful. I'd love to see more of that in bball.

Yeah, I hate how the NBA is quickly becoming sugar coated.

It would be a better league if the referee's weren't pussies and let the players show some emotion and power on the court. Also, there should be rivalries as well; and when I say rivalries, I mean REAL rivalries.

Sasha Vujacic has the idea. That **** hates the Celtics so much that he won't even wear green until the Lakers win a championship. How ironic that the mentality I want to see most in the league is only embedded in one of the most prissiest players in the NBA. I'm not saying that I want players to be bad sports or whatever; it's just that there should be a lot of stories between two teams that would make people tune in more often and receive a really heightened feel of competition.

Look at last year's Finals matchup. People were so excited about the Lakers/Celtics because those two teams had battles in the PAST. lame. There should be more back stories that make rivalries more relevant. I sound like a whiny crybaby, lawlz.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#16 » by andrewww » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:47 am

not sure if anyone overheard this, but jeff van gundy mentioned on the ABC telecast on xmas day that KG took a cheap shot against sasha vujacic during the run of play in the 1st half.

damn, but its hard not to say that KG is a wussy who only picks on white european guards/players in general (see calderon, belinelli, vujacic)
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,959

Post#17 » by INKtastic » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:51 am

Idunkon1stdates wrote:That wasn't a cheap shot; that was beautiful. I'd love to see more of that in bball.

what? It's supposed to be a screen, not a football block. He should clearly be suspended.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
Moe_B8
Pro Prospect

Post#18 » by Moe_B8 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 am

yeah, set a pick by lowering your shoulder into guards.... we will soon see broken ribs... :roll: :roll: this isn't football... these guys don't have pads that protect their ribs... you can't be lowering your shoulder into other players... :lol:
blzrfan
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by blzrfan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:05 am

Garnett likes to cheap shot guys when they're not looking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULFIglte2b0

He also likes to set illegal screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XoZ6R-rM-Y
Eww Stop It
Banned User

Post#20 » by Eww Stop It » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:09 am

These little Euro kids should band together and form an alliance against KG.

Return to The General Board