Bulger vs Brady

The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst
And1: 0

Bulger vs Brady 

Post#1 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:36 pm

I know most of you think Brady is a way better QB but compare the regular season numbers. Bulger beats him in basically every stat.

You are going to say but who has won 3 super-bowls and 2 SB MVPs? Well who has consistently had the better defense or the clutchest kicker ever?

Bulger is the better QB more accurate Brady is almost as good but has a great defense to fall back on.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,997
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:47 am

Dude, Bulger is a gun slinger who benefits from great talent, and a great offensive scheme.

Get real, he's not even top 5.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#3 » by High 5 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:37 am

Let me know when Tom Brady has ever had a Torry Holt. Hopefully Randy Moss can revive his career and we can see Brady with a true #1 receiver.
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#4 » by JoeyH » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:51 pm

No sane human would want Bulger as there QB over Brady.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by Pierce 4 3 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:16 pm

Is this really a question? of coarse it's Brady
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#6 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:32 pm

Bulger is the better QB....not top 5 explain? He is pin-point accurate and Brady benefits from a great great defense. That is how he won 3 SBs whether you like it or not.

Since the Pats lost Willie McGinest they have not reached the SB, he was a big reason for there success.

Bulger beats Brady in almost every offensive category. Switch the two situations and Bulger does way better in Brady's spot.

Also look at the markets: Brady plays in NE- close to Boston so he gets lots of limelight. Bulger plays in St.Louis where people there care less about football. The season ticket holders sold all there seats to bear fans this year when they played the bears. No one cares about the rams.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#7 » by High 5 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:41 pm

No one is talking about team success right now. Bulger has arguably the best two receivers at their positions in Holt and Jackson. No way does Bulger do better with Caldwell and Dillon.
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#8 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:36 am

High 5 wrote:No one is talking about team success right now. Bulger has arguably the best two receivers at their positions in Holt and Jackson. No way does Bulger do better with Caldwell and Dillon.

Brady has the defense, defense wins championships except for the greatest show on turf in 99 but even that team had an average defense.

Bulger is the better QB than Brady.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:04 am

You are still talking about team success, and we aren't.

Bulger has an all time great at WR, another aging all time great, an all time great left tackle, an a terrific receiving HB.

He's not an elite decision maker or passer IMO.

He's an above average quarterback in an explosive offense.

Do I have to explain why he isn't top 5? because there are more than 5 QB's better than him.

This isn't even an opinion, it's a fact that Brady(and a slew of others) are better quarterbacks than Bulger.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#10 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:04 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:You are still talking about team success, and we aren't.

Bulger has an all time great at WR, another aging all time great, an all time great left tackle, an a terrific receiving HB.

He's not an elite decision maker or passer IMO.

He's an above average quarterback in an explosive offense.

Do I have to explain why he isn't top 5? because there are more than 5 QB's better than him.

This isn't even an opinion, it's a fact that Brady(and a slew of others) are better quarterbacks than Bulger.

Bulger is way more accurate than almost all qbs in this league. Peyton and Drew Brees being the exceptions.

If you are gonna say that he is in an explosive offense than I can say the same thing about Drew Brees? Why can't I?

Bulger is better than Brady. Give Bulger a defense like the pats, and an offense like the pats and he does better.

Pace was injured half the season and he had a career season, good try.(most of the yards were in the second half of the season I believe)

Bulger is just as good a passer as Drew Brees.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#11 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:13 am

in terms of sexiness, tom brady pwns marc bulger
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:14 am

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bulger is way more accurate than almost all qbs in this league. Peyton and Drew Brees being the exceptions.

If you are gonna say that he is in an explosive offense than I can say the same thing about Drew Brees? Why can't I?

Bulger is better than Brady. Give Bulger a defense like the pats, and an offense like the pats and he does better.

Pace was injured half the season and he had a career season, good try.(most of the yards were in the second half of the season I believe)

Bulger is just as good a passer as Drew Brees.

You can kind of say it about Brees, but he still hasn't had a receiver near Holt's caliber, and even more, he hasn't had the Saints starting receiver's for more than 10 games.....

I don't think Brady has ever had a 1000 yard receiver, and Bulger has 2 hall of fame receivers.....

Bulger is so accurate, yet in his first season where he has started all 16, he throws for 63% despite having stellar receivers.

You do realize Brees had better stats and less help?? please kid, get real, Bulger isn't in the same tier as Brees.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach
And1: 7

Post#13 » by bigboy1234 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:18 am

You do realize Brees had better stats

Thats pretty much entirely false. They were pretty much equal QB from a statistically point of view to me last year.

and less help??

Pass protection wise, Brees had a good amount of better of an o-line. RB I would give the edge to Jackson over the Saints duo. WR wise Colston=Bruce, Henderson and Horn were also very good, both better than Curtis, and Holt did gain a lot of yards but didn't necessarily have a great year as he did have a negative DVOA. I actually think the 3 some of the Saints was better than the 3 some of the Rams last year. And neither had a good TE.

Bulger isn't in the same tier as Brees.

Not really true, both are on the second level. (Everyone is far far behind Manning.)

But everything I said is pretty much based on last years performances. Bulger has only been this good for one year, so I'm not 100% sold on him. I would rather have Brees.

QFT
JoeyH
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#14 » by JoeyH » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:39 pm

The Child Prodigy = biggest homer on Realgm Football boards.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:44 pm

bigboy1234 wrote:
You do realize Brees had better stats

Thats pretty much entirely false. They were pretty much equal QB from a statistically point of view to me last year.

and less help??

Pass protection wise, Brees had a good amount of better of an o-line. RB I would give the edge to Jackson over the Saints duo. WR wise Colston=Bruce, Henderson and Horn were also very good, both better than Curtis, and Holt did gain a lot of yards but didn't necessarily have a great year as he did have a negative DVOA. I actually think the 3 some of the Saints was better than the 3 some of the Rams last year. And neither had a good TE.

Bulger isn't in the same tier as Brees.

Not really true, both are on the second level. (Everyone is far far behind Manning.)

But everything I said is pretty much based on last years performances. Bulger has only been this good for one year, so I'm not 100% sold on him. I would rather have Brees.

QFT

Colston played 12 games, and Horn played 10, while the rams duo played a full 16.

Brees had more yards, TD's on less passes, and a better completion %, and his arm wasn't even fully recovered until week 3, which made passing a challenge for us, and those two interceptions in those games came because when he went to air it out, he couldn't get anything behind his throws.

There are also a lot of factors I won't get into like it being a brand new offense, a completely new offensive line, new and injured receivers, and we definitely had a tougher schedule.

Add to that he only threw 5 passes in the final game, because we had the spot locked up.

Brees=underappreciated

Tier 1:

Manning

Tier 2:

Brady
Brees
Palmer

Bulger is not with those guys.
bigboy1234
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by bigboy1234 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:42 pm

Who's underappreicating Brees? I said he was better than Bulger.
Brees had more yards, TD's on less passes, and a better completion %

Yet that Bulger guy had a higher DPAR, which I would take over any of that. Brees also had more INT on less passes and only finished 1 % point higher than Bulger in completion %, not that much of a difference.
and his arm wasn't even fully recovered until week 3, which made passing a challenge for us, and those two interceptions in those games came because when he went to air it out, he couldn't get anything behind his throws.

And this matters why? Don't blame Bulger for that, I was simple stating theres no way Brees had a better season last year.
Colston played 12 games, and Horn played 10, while the rams duo played a full 16.

Which makes it sad that the Saints trio was still better huh. Just imagine if they played all 16 games then they would have been far and away better.
completely new offensive line

Yet, his pass protection was a lot better than Bulgers.
Add to that he only threw 5 passes in the final game, because we had the spot locked up.

Yay, for him.

I would take those guys over Bulger, but last year he was the 2nd best overall QB in the game, which earns him a spot in the conversation. I also think McNabb is the 2nd tier and maybe Rivers.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:38 pm

bigboy1234 wrote:Who's underappreicating Brees? I said he was better than Bulger.
Brees had more yards, TD's on less passes, and a better completion %

Yet that Bulger guy had a higher DPAR, which I would take over any of that. Brees also had more INT on less passes and only finished 1 % point higher than Bulger in completion %, not that much of a difference.
and his arm wasn't even fully recovered until week 3, which made passing a challenge for us, and those two interceptions in those games came because when he went to air it out, he couldn't get anything behind his throws.

And this matters why? Don't blame Bulger for that, I was simple stating theres no way Brees had a better season last year.

Which makes it sad that the Saints trio was still better huh. Just imagine if they played all 16 games then they would have been far and away better.
completely new offensive line

Yet, his pass protection was a lot better than Bulgers.

Yay, for him.

I would take those guys over Bulger, but last year he was the 2nd best overall QB in the game, which earns him a spot in the conversation. I also think McNabb is the 2nd tier and maybe Rivers.

I agree with Mcnabb being there, but I wasn't even going to get into that right now, so I just picked the guys I thought was clearly better.

I dunno, Brees might have clouded my judgment a lot when he threw for 500+ with Devery henderson and Terrence Copper as his 1/2 punch....
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Basketball Jesus » Sun Aug 5, 2007 2:34 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:Since the Pats lost Willie McGinest they have not reached the SB, he was a big reason for there success.

This may be one of the stupidest things ever written anywhere on RealGM.

McGinest has only been away from New England for one season...a season in which the Pats were one half-game meltdown away from making the Super Bowl.

The Curse of Willie!
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
onopatrick14
Sophomore

Post#19 » by onopatrick14 » Tue Aug 7, 2007 1:10 am

Manning is #1 without a doubt
2-4 is Palmer, Brady, Brees in any order.
In my opinion the 5 spot is a tossup between McNabb (when healthy) and Bulger
kooldude
Lead Assistant
And1: 78

Post#20 » by kooldude » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:21 pm

McNabb over Bulger
Warspite wrote:I still would take Mitch (Richmond) over just about any SG playing today. His peak is better than 2011 Kobe and with 90s rules hes better than Wade.

Jordan23Forever wrote:People are delusional.

Return to Player Comparisons