DET | MIL | PHX

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 983

DET | MIL | PHX 

Post#1 » by roc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Inspiration from treefi...

Detroit: Sheed/AI/Bynum/09 LP 1st for Amare/Barbosa/Jones/Barnes

Milwaukee: Jefferson/Jones/09 LP 1st for AI

Phoenix: Amare/Barbosa/Barnes for Sheed/Jefferson/Bynum/DET 09 LP 1st/MIL 09 LP 1st

Detroit gets a young big for the rebuild effort but has to take back Barbosa's one year too long of a contract. Barbosa should be of use in the rotation though unlike Jones who is just expiring filler. Barnes would be a decent back up for the season but not likely to remain after that.

Milwaukee gets AI to ease the pain of losing Redd for the season. Jefferson doesn't seem to fit that well with what they are doing so they jetison that experiment and get a large expiring in return. AI should be back to his old self as the focal point on this team. Don't see a huge jump in the standings but at least the games should be more fun in the mean time.

Phoenix may be willing to deal Amare/Barbosa now and Kerr/Porter seem to like the vet players. Sheed would help spread the floor for Nash and won't get in Shaq's way down low. He plays much better D than Amare so that should help as well. Jefferson would be a nice addition on the wings and should fit nicely with J-Rich. Bynum is a cheap replacement for Barbosa and the pick could also be decent.

Nash/J-Rich/Jefferson/Sheed/Shaq with Hill as 6th man could be a force in the playoffs.

:dontknow:
the crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 332

Re: DET | MIL | PHX 

Post#2 » by Drwho17 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Milwaukee needs to cough up the 1st round pick, not Detroit, Milwaukee is moving 2 bad contracts for a huge expiring and an improvement in talent.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#3 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:36 pm

Bucks do it in a heartbeat although I don't like the thought of Amare in Detroit, bucks still would have to take it
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by roc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Drwho17 wrote:Milwaukee needs to cough up the 1st round pick, not Detroit, Milwaukee is moving 2 bad contracts for a huge expiring and an improvement in talent.

Jones is expiring. They may need to cough up a protected pick as well but not instead of.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by roc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm

I edited the OP and added a LP 1st going from Miwaukee to Phoenix.
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#6 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:55 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Bucks do it in a heartbeat.

No we don't. I'm not paying a 1st rounder just to dump RJ for an expiring deal. The whole point of dumping him would be to clear salary to keep and assmeble a core of young players - giving away one of those young players defeats the purpose.

Drwho17 wrote:Milwaukee needs to cough up the 1st round pick, not Detroit, Milwaukee is moving 2 bad contracts for a huge expiring and an improvement in talent.

There's no upgrade in talent, because Iverson is nothing but an expiring deal. If the Bucks actually re-signed him next year, I'd pick a new team to follow. Seriouslly, that would be the final straw of pretending that collecting past their prime former stars is a "strategy."

If there's some other team that values AI as more than an expiring contract, then Detroit should go trade with them.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by roc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:59 pm

adamcz wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Bucks do it in a heartbeat.

No we don't. I'm not paying a 1st rounder just to dump RJ for an expiring deal. The whole point of dumping him would be to clear salary to keep and assmeble a core of young players - giving away one of those young players defeats the purpose.

There's no upgrade in talent, because Iverson is nothing but an expiring deal. If the Bucks actually re-signed him next year, I'd pick a new team to follow. Seriouslly, that would be the final straw of pretending that collecting past their prime former stars is a "strategy."

If there's some other team that values AI as more than an expiring contract, then Detroit should go trade with them.

The pick would be protected. What are the odds of the Bucks making the playoffs? If they do then the pick won't be as valuable anyway, if they don't they hold onto the pick. I would imagine more protection would be applied as well, top 10 in 10, top 3 in 11, top pick in 12...
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#8 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Don't care. Why would we give up a draft pick as the first move of a rebuild/blowup?

An expiring contract is an expiring contract. I don't care if its name is Iverson, WallyZ, LaFrentz, Marbury, or whatever. I'd be willing to trade Jefferson for any of those in order to get a rebuild started, but that's all.

If nobody wants Jefferson at that price, then he stays on the Bucks and we wait two years until he is the valuable expiring contract.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by roc » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:13 pm

adamcz wrote:Don't care. Why would we give up a draft pick as the first move of a rebuild/blowup?

An expiring contract is an expiring contract. I don't care if its name is Iverson, WallyZ, LaFrentz, Marbury, or whatever. I'd be willing to trade Jefferson for any of those in order to get a rebuild started, but that's all.

If nobody wants Jefferson at that price, then he stays on the Bucks and we wait two years until he is the valuable expiring contract.

If Phoenix is fine without getting 2 picks then all goodz.

but

I don't think Hammond would have a huge issue with sending out a heavily protected pick to more quickly clean up his mistake. It would be like getting a do over while also dumping $20 mil off the books. He would probably bite on this but who knows for sure?
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,679

Post#10 » by Cowology » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:24 pm

As talented as he is I think Amare would be a poor fit in Detroit. He needs to be in a high-tempo, no defense playing system. I actually think he and Brand should switch teams. Amare would be better suited to running with those Sixers while Brand would be a better fit for Kerr/Porter in Phoenix.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,685

Post#11 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:34 pm

If Gadz or possibly Bell was swapped for Jones I'd do it for the Bucks. As adamcz said, an expiring is an expiring in my book. In no way would I give up a first unless we are cutting Jefferson and another bad deal (preferably Gadz). I would think there would be more then one deal on the table where the Bucks could get an expiring for Jefferson, so no matter if it's Iverson or Lafrentz, you do whatever deal gets you the most young talent, something the Bucks are giving up in this deal.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#12 » by vege » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:54 pm

I would hate to see Barbosa in Detroit. He plays 0 defense and he is good running and scoring he would be forced to play out of position in Detroit at PG because of RiP/AA. But oh well it's Amare so Detroit would do this deal in a hearth beat.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#13 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 pm

If we get rid of RJ this season, that would mean a even more extrem rebuilding process. So then why the hell would we give a 1st round pick?
The deal should be straight up or not all
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
SideSwipe
Analyst
And1: 660

Post#14 » by SideSwipe » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:43 pm

Even with the picks, PHX doesn't do it. It's close but not quite. Removing the lotto protection from MIL's first would be a start.
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#15 » by nba_addict » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:37 am

Bad fit for Phoenix. Barbosa no matter how aweful he is in running the point is better than will Bynum and a first will not brige the gap between the two. T

his leaves Jefferson/Sheed and 1st for Amare/Barnes. Jefferson and Richardson's salary will kill Phoenix in 2010. Suns dont have the cap to resign Sheed in 2009 and Sheed will end up the ineffecient shooter in Suns line-up. Value isnt there much like the fit.

Phoenix says no.
roc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by roc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:06 am

Bynum averages 1.8 assists in only 9 minutes it takes Barbosa 22 minutes for the same exact amount. Considering that Bynum is on an unguaranteed min contract compared to Barbosa getting 10 times the amount for 1 year too long it's really not a bad addition to make the salaries work.

Return to Trades and Transactions