Image ImageImage Image

Amare Thread 6---About to be locked

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

rose2tyrus
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Amare Thread 6---Is this the day??? 

Post#101 » by rose2tyrus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 am

SportsWorld wrote:
Beryl 96 wrote:...Did Amare really say that about his windmill tonight?

Yes

And also said

"If this was my last game in Phoenix as a home player," he said. "That was a great way to go out."
Rose-Wade in Chicago come 2010
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#102 » by Beryl 96 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 am

If we don't do something to win, he won't be around for all that long.
Black Jesus
Banned User

Post#103 » by Black Jesus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 am

Someone buy me a Mac. I didn't leave but give me two seconds to find this question someone had asked before my battery died.
Isaac
Junior

Post#104 » by Isaac » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:19 am

I'm off to bed....feelin kinda werided Out by some posters peace and hopefully good news when I awake!
BiNARYstar
Junior

Post#105 » by BiNARYstar » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 am

Kind of a humorous read. Check it out...

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/al ... 2main.html
Five years later, we can imagine the 2010 game turning into a tribute to what the Suns might have been had they not written the book on how to dismantle a franchise in seven seconds or less:

• Stoudemire, playing his first full season in Chicago, is elected as a surprise starter in the East.

His marketing people arranged off-season camps in China, boosting his popularity there off the charts and assuring a perpetual spot in the All-Star starting lineup via Internet voting.

• Set free to run again in Toronto, Marion joins Stoudemire on the Eastern Conference roster as a reserve. He takes the locker between Stoudemire and Atlanta's Joe Johnson, who is becoming a regular at these All-Star fests.

Let's hope the crystal ball is correct.
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Post#106 » by Jo Jo English » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:25 am

He returns.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#107 » by rsavaj » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:26 am

BiNARYstar wrote:Kind of a humorous read. Check it out...

Five years later, we can imagine the 2010 game turning into a tribute to what the Suns might have been had they not written the book on how to dismantle a franchise in seven seconds or less:

• Stoudemire, playing his first full season in Chicago, is elected as a surprise starter in the East.

His marketing people arranged off-season camps in China, boosting his popularity there off the charts and assuring a perpetual spot in the All-Star starting lineup via Internet voting.

• Set free to run again in Toronto, Marion joins Stoudemire on the Eastern Conference roster as a reserve. He takes the locker between Stoudemire and Atlanta's Joe Johnson, who is becoming a regular at these All-Star fests.

Humorous is pretty much the opposite of how Suns fans would receive that article, lol
HitMan52
Starter
And1: 33

Post#108 » by HitMan52 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:28 am

I just saw the Amare thread 5 lol. How did that happen? lol

I left when it was at page 109 and it finished at 159 lol
BiNARYstar
Junior

Post#109 » by BiNARYstar » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:30 am

rsavaj wrote:
BiNARYstar wrote:Kind of a humorous read. Check it out...

Humorous is pretty much the opposite of how Suns fans would receive that article, lol

This is true, living in Scottsdale I see a ton of Suns games, it is pretty depressing what the suns have become. "The death of planet orange!"
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#110 » by Polynice4Pippen » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:35 am

Well we are now past the point of no return with this Amare thing. No Amare, no peace! :x

Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#111 » by TASTIC » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:35 am

BuLLzDoMaIn that's a sweet avatar man

Man Suns management is God awful...thinking about what could have been, I'm lucky the only sharp object around me is a spoon...can't really cut wrists with that... :(

(That's if Amare's gone that is...)
stillalive
Analyst
And1: 228

Post#112 » by stillalive » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:37 am

HitMan52 wrote:I just saw the Amare thread 5 lol. How did that happen? lol

I left when it was at page 109 and it finished at 159 lol

last post...it's b/c i guessed bullzman23's lucky number of 59 (he told everyone to guess a number btw. 1 and 200), as soon as i guessed it there was a call 2 ben b. to close it at that magical number...which led to bulls social unrest :evil: :evil: :evil:

i'm done. you may proceed with the madness.
"I take it very seriously, knowing my opponent really wants to come at me. It's not just God's gifts. You have to work at this game. If not, you're just going to be average. You have to want it and do whatever you have to do to get it."-D.Rose
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 340

The Forecast: 40% chance of Amare 

Post#113 » by gf2020hotmail » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:38 am

I feel like I am dealing crack here, but here's a legitimately new, unlinked to article from the Daily Herald

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=272362

Mostly just summation, but it ends with this insight:

Here's my guess: As of Sunday afternoon, a 60 percent chance the Bulls pass, but it's still too close to call.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#114 » by red222 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:38 am

rsavaj wrote:
This is true, living in Scottsdale I see a ton of Suns games, it is pretty depressing what the suns have become. "The death of planet orange!"

If you think that is depressing look at how sad our franchise has become we were the kings of the NBA.
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#115 » by Beryl 96 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:40 am

It was pretty funny, especially after rsavaj's post hehe. But I doubt Marion will be staying in Toronto. I agree though that the Suns demise has been a sad affair, summer after summer their moves had me scratching my head, I liked however that they picked up JRich, even though I'd like him to be a Bull, but I think that their failure this season is more than anything Porter's fault. However I'm not saying Porter is a garbage coach, also not saying he's good, but he just wasn't a good fit there, and didn't get a proper chance to see his vision for the team through. You don't change the entire way a team plays, trade away two of the better defenders on the team and add Shaq and just expect the team to work right, right off the bat.

not that thats said, Give us Amare!!!
Black Jesus
Banned User

Post#116 » by Black Jesus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 am

Black Jesus...you said that the trade was basically agreed upon, but players were being sorted out.

Are you talking about guys like Noah and Sefolosha or fillers like Dudley?

This is the one thing only that makes my head slightly turned. I'm a bit confused too with the best player already being set, but taking forever like this to set other players in the mix that aren't close to Amare's caliber. Things I'll quote from my friend (not word for word but close).....

"The All-Star game made a big impact, Sarver wanted Amare to play regardless, so this may be the reason for delay."
"Kerr is trying to pull in Noah as well as Tyrus who has obviously been mentioned in most trade scenarios."

When will it happen?

"Soon and the highest chance of when it'll be final is Monday, the Suns don't really want Amare to play another game, the All-Star game was the last one they preferred."

Any other questions go ahead. He also said that Sarver is still floating around talking to other GM's "for fun" (I think my friend was just making fun of Sarver's basketball knowledge) over the phone while Kerr is solely set on the Bulls.

May seem like I'm adding things but I'm trying to get everything out even meaningless stuff and I'm pretty tired, it's been a long day after watching a crappy all-star week.

Oh and as I was typing to this quote my laptop shut down so I became PO and my mind went numb for a minute, expect rain and Amare tomorrow if you read this.
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#117 » by Beryl 96 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:48 am

Why is the return to chicago bulls button missing...is it cause we broked the realgms with the glory thread?
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#118 » by SportsWorld » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks for the update Black Jesus. Hopefully later today you will be known as a God on this forum. :D

By the way are you a Bulls or Suns fan?
Beryl 96
Starter

Post#119 » by Beryl 96 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:51 am

God I hope your right black jesus.
cali2007
Junior

Post#120 » by cali2007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 am