ImageImageImage

Nikola Pekovic Update

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Nikola Pekovic Update 

Post#1 » by KWSN-Men » Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 pm

I didn't put this in the Pekovic thread because it is just full of childish insults and lame humor attempts that fail. Anyway, one of your mods asked to be updated if anything happens so........

Panathinaikos is said to be working on Pekovic with his contract being increased. It seems his contract for the next 2 years would be = to the same as a 2 year $14.7 million NBA contract. If this is true and seems that it is, then he will not come to the NBA until after his PAO contract is over.
casey
General Manager
And1: 7

Re: Nikola Pekovic Update 

Post#2 » by casey » Wed May 13, 2009 9:18 pm

"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
big3_8_19_21
RealGM
And1: 421

Post#3 » by big3_8_19_21 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:19 pm

So...$7.35 mil a year?...meaning no Pekovic until at least 2011?...even if we tossed him a juicy contract next summer when we have a bunch of cap space?...gah!!! Thanks for the update. Frustrating, but understandable. I'm assuming the Wolves will have to at least make the playoffs once and be a competitive team before he would come over...and the price would have to be right.
Thriving on mediocrity since '89.
tvwolves7
Junior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by tvwolves7 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:57 pm

KWSN-Men wrote:Panathinaikos is said to be working on Pekovic with his contract being increased. It seems his contract for the next 2 years would be = to the same as a 2 year $14.7 million NBA contract. If this is true and seems that it is, then he will not come to the NBA until after his PAO contract is over.

I am not asking to upset you by any means but I am not able to find any articles on this. Do you have a link to a local newspaper or anything so I can read up on it. Thanks for the update!
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#5 » by B Calrissian » Wed May 13, 2009 10:01 pm

I haven't seen him play. So for those who have, he isn't worth that much, right?
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#6 » by KWSN-Men » Wed May 13, 2009 10:08 pm

casey wrote:http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=902078

Why would I post in a thread where people openly insulted me and mocked me for no reason at all?
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#7 » by KWSN-Men » Wed May 13, 2009 10:09 pm

tvwolves7 wrote:
KWSN-Men wrote:Panathinaikos is said to be working on Pekovic with his contract being increased. It seems his contract for the next 2 years would be = to the same as a 2 year $14.7 million NBA contract. If this is true and seems that it is, then he will not come to the NBA until after his PAO contract is over.

I am not asking to upset you by any means but I am not able to find any articles on this. Do you have a link to a local newspaper or anything so I can read up on it. Thanks for the update!

It's Greek sports media. Just take my word for it.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#8 » by KWSN-Men » Wed May 13, 2009 10:09 pm

B Calrissian wrote:I haven't seen him play. So for those who have, he isn't worth that much, right?

Oh he's worth it alright.
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#9 » by KWSN-Men » Wed May 13, 2009 10:11 pm

big3_8_19_21 wrote:So...$7.35 mil a year?...meaning no Pekovic until at least 2011?...even if we tossed him a juicy contract next summer when we have a bunch of cap space?...gah!!! Thanks for the update. Frustrating, but understandable. I'm assuming the Wolves will have to at least make the playoffs once and be a competitive team before he would come over...and the price would have to be right.

Well he only has 2 years left on his contract. So it might be that he wants his big pay day now because going to the NBA will be a huge pay cut for him.
casey
General Manager

Post#10 » by casey » Wed May 13, 2009 11:02 pm

KWSN-Men wrote:
casey wrote:http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=902078

Why would I post in a thread where people openly insulted me and mocked me for no reason at all?

Because that way there would only be one thread where people openly insulted you and mocked you for plenty of reason rather than two threads where people openly insulted you and mocked you for plenty of reason. :dontknow:
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#11 » by revprodeji » Wed May 13, 2009 11:14 pm

Thank you for the update. Are you talkbasket and just changed your name? Are there any NBA clauses in this contract?

Sorry for the immature posters. The portland bandwagon-types just emptied their jergens and have been cranky all week.
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
B Calrissian
Head Coach
And1: 17

Post#12 » by B Calrissian » Wed May 13, 2009 11:18 pm

revprodeji wrote:Sorry for the immature posters. The portland bandwagon-types just emptied their jergens and have been cranky all week.

Nice burn Rev. Or would it be Casey that has the burn?
casey
General Manager

Post#13 » by casey » Thu May 14, 2009 12:52 am

revprodeji wrote:Sorry for the immature posters. The portland bandwagon-types just emptied their jergens and have been cranky all week.

Just trying to keep the board in shape. Maybe if you did your job then I wouldn't have to...

:blank:
"I'm Ricky Rubio."
--Ricky Rubio
john2jer
RealGM
And1: 452

Post#14 » by john2jer » Thu May 14, 2009 12:54 am

KWSN-Men wrote:I didn't put this in the Pekovic thread because it is just full of childish insults and lame humor attempts that fail.

Them's fighting words there partner. Minnesotans don't fail at anything, except for building a competitive basketball team.

Our lame humor attemps definitely succeed.
basketball royalty wrote:Is Miami considered a big city in the States? I thought guys just went there because of the weather and the bitches?
KWSN-Men
Banned User

Post#15 » by KWSN-Men » Thu May 14, 2009 2:25 am

revprodeji wrote:Thank you for the update. Are you talkbasket and just changed your name? Are there any NBA clauses in this contract?

Sorry for the immature posters. The portland bandwagon-types just emptied their jergens and have been cranky all week.

Yeah they changed my name.
revprodeji
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8
Location: Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought

Post#16 » by revprodeji » Thu May 14, 2009 5:04 am

Would you mind comparing Pekovic to Brook Lopez? Just curious on skill-set
http://www.timetoshop.org
Weight management, Sports nutrition and more...
funkatron101
General Manager
And1: 960

Post#17 » by funkatron101 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:21 pm

He ain't playing for the Wolves. Never expected him to. Wasted pick, should have gone with DeAndre Jordan.
Lattimer wrote:Cracks me up that people still think that Wiggins will be involved in the trade for Love. Wolves are out of their mind if they think they are getting Wiggins for Love.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#18 » by C.lupus » Thu May 14, 2009 4:35 pm

funkatron101 wrote:He ain't playing for the Wolves. Never expected him to. Wasted pick, should have gone with DeAndre Jordan.

As a player for the Wolves, I agree. I think Pekovic "the asset" may have more value to the Wolves as a trading chip to a team needing to get under the cap, though. If he could be used as a piece to move up and grab Rubio (via Washington for example), then he would probably have more long-term value to the Wolves than Jordan ever would.
dunkonu21
Lead Assistant
And1: 40

Post#19 » by dunkonu21 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:51 pm

Did you think I'd let that slip C.lupus? DeRozan/Harden and Joran is better than Rubio...

I bet that could be an interesting discussion. Rubio seems to be the collective wet dream for this board. He is a great fit no doubt and I like him. I just think two birds with one stone is better. Getting your defensive center AND starting SG for the future. Plus is helps that I'm high on all three prospects on my side of the equation.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#20 » by C.lupus » Thu May 14, 2009 5:11 pm

No, I didn't expect you to let that one slip. :wink:
I like Harden/Derozan as much as the next guy (well maybe not as much as Dr. K) but I just believe that an elite-level PG is more valuable to a team than an athletic SG and a backup defensive big. I do want to be clear - I think this team really needs an athletic wing and a defensive third big - I just think the PG is the most valuable position.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves