Could Andrew Bynum be traded to...

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Could Andrew Bynum be traded to... 

Post#1 » by djthesonicsfan » Mon May 25, 2009 3:26 am

the notSonics? It seems a rift has developed between Bynum & Jackson. He's only averaged 18 minutes a game in the Nuggets series and just over 15 minutes a game against the Rockets. In the last three games of the Jazz series he averaged less than 9 minutes a game. Clearly Bynum is not a major part of the Lakers' success at this point.

The question is if the situation is broken or if it's just another example of Jackson's zen judo?

The next question is if it's broken, does Presti have the assets to make the Lakers a legit offer?
notSonics 2016
Starters - Trey, Roberson, KD, Ibaka, Adams
Rotation - Payne, Waiters, Green, McGary, Kanter
Bench - Collison, Christon, Brodgon, Huestis
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Re: Could Andrew Bynam be traded to... 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon May 25, 2009 3:28 am

Lakers would most likely want a proven power forward along the lines of Bosh for a Bynum deal. The Thunder could give up young pieces but I doubt the Lakers trade Bynum for anything less them like Green and/or #3 which they would turn around and deal for Bosh.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Re: Could Andrew Bynam be traded to... 

Post#3 » by VintaGe36 » Mon May 25, 2009 3:37 am

I'm sure LAL would gladly trade Andrew Bynam, now Andrew Bynum, that's a completely different story.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Re: Could Andrew Bynum be traded to... 

Post#4 » by djthesonicsfan » Mon May 25, 2009 4:30 am

If he's so valuable, why isn't he playing?

Kobe Bryant is going to be 31 this August. How many seasons does he have left? Three or so? The Lakers' time is now. Is Bynum ever going to be part of that?

Also the Lakers have Lamar Odom & Trevor Ariza as unrestricted free agents. They're at $75M already so they're in the tax. That means any new salary (Odom or Ariza) costs them double. Bynum will make $12.5M next season in a BYC deal. Eats up a lot of cap space with a contract difficult to move.

Derek Fisher at 35 isn't the same player anymore but he has an expirng $5M contract. Adam Morrison's $5.3M contract is also an expiring asset.
notSonics 2016
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#5 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Mon May 25, 2009 4:37 am

Westbrook, filler, and late first for Bynum.

OKC trades down for Sac's #4, #23

Draft Jennings (pass first PG would be ideal next to Durant)

Jennings
Seflosha
Durant
Green
Bynum

Lakers get their much needed PG with Westbrook.

Westbrook
Bryant
Ariza
Odom
Gasol

Everyone is happy.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#6 » by VintaGe36 » Mon May 25, 2009 4:39 am

The only reason SAC trades up is to get Rubio, in which case, why wouldn't OKC just draft Rubio? I understand he doesn't want to play there, but the prospect of playing with a Durant/Green/Bynum core HAS to be appealing.
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#7 » by Bac2Basics » Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 am

VintaGe36 wrote:The only reason SAC trades up is to get Rubio, in which case, why wouldn't OKC just draft Rubio? I understand he doesn't want to play there, but the prospect of playing with a Durant/Green/Bynum core HAS to be appealing.

Factually Correct
Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed.
~ Herman Melville
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#8 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon May 25, 2009 4:41 am

Nicky Nix Nook wrote:Westbrook, filler, and late first for Bynum.

Or they could just call Rubio's bluff after Memphis doesn't and prevent Scramento from drafting him ;).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#9 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Mon May 25, 2009 4:44 am

RingtheBell wrote:
Nicky Nix Nook wrote:Westbrook, filler, and late first for Bynum.

Or they could just call Rubio's bluff after Memphis doesn't and prevent Scramento from drafting him ;).

SHHHHH dont give anyone ideas.
djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by djthesonicsfan » Mon May 25, 2009 4:51 am

I'm sure if Memphis lets Rubio go Presti takes him. In that case a Westbrook & #25 for Bynum seems like an interesting deal. Wouldn't need filler as the notSonics have the cap space so that would save the Lakers about $15M.
notSonics 2016
Stash - Johnson, Abrine
Cut - Morrow
Trade - Singler
Draft - Brogdon
FA - Green
N.O.R.E.
RealGM
And1: 240

Post#11 » by N.O.R.E. » Mon May 25, 2009 5:03 am

The Hawks would offer Horford, The Thunder would offer Jeff Green and the #4 for Bynum and Farmar.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,826

Post#12 » by Norm2953 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:19 am

While I think its possible that Bynum could be moved, OKC would have to discuss
Durant being in the deal. Green and the #3 to the Clips for Griffin would be the
ideal deal for OKC.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,903

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Mon May 25, 2009 6:26 am

The max for Atlanta would be Al Horford and Marvin Williams (S&T).

The max for Dallas would be Josh Howard and Jason Kidd (S&T). Not young players of value to move and the Lakers would need to include a filler to make the salaries match.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#14 » by Cammo101 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:38 am

A Bynum for Green and filler deal would likely work out for both teams.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,442

Post#15 » by KF10 » Mon May 25, 2009 6:47 am

I always wonder how Bynum looks under a Kings jersey. A Martin/Bynum/Hawes combo. Probably a potential Rubio inclusion would look great. So, a Rubio/Martin/Bynum/Hawes foundation is great. haha
london sonic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#16 » by london sonic » Mon May 25, 2009 7:47 am

A Green/Bynum straight swap would be an interesting offer.OKC solve their center problems and Lakers can let Odom go and have hugh amount of cap space to pursue a top free agent or trade for a allstar whos trade value is low ie bosh/amare.
london sonic
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#17 » by london sonic » Mon May 25, 2009 8:03 am

london sonic wrote:A Green/Bynum straight swap would be an interesting offer.OKC solve their center problems and Lakers can let Odom go and have hugh amount of cap space to pursue a top free agent or trade for a allstar whos trade value is low ie bosh/amare.

How about

OKC trades Green and Collison

LAKERS trades Bynum and Morrison

Reasons

OKC-solves their center problem and Bynum gets starting minutes he craves.OKC also gives Morrrison a chance to start again as backup SF .Also allows OKC to draft Harden and sign a free agent such as Millsap or Boozer or trade expirings of Watson,Atkins and Wilkens for a PF.

Lakers-Adds young star in SF/PF Green to replace Odom meaning saving cap space.Adding Collison who is a excellent PF/C happy to come off the bench to replace Bynum.A combination of Green and Collison easily replaces Bynum and Odom and saves cap space for Lakers to add a free agent also.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#18 » by Cammo101 » Mon May 25, 2009 8:04 am

london sonic wrote:
london sonic wrote:A Green/Bynum straight swap would be an interesting offer.OKC solve their center problems and Lakers can let Odom go and have hugh amount of cap space to pursue a top free agent or trade for a allstar whos trade value is low ie bosh/amare.

How about

OKC trades Green and Collison

LAKERS trades Bynum and Morrison

Reasons

OKC-solves their center problem and Bynum gets starting minutes he craves.OKC also gives Morrrison a chance to start again as backup SF .Also allows OKC to draft Harden

Lakers-Adds young star in Green to replace Odom meaning saving cap space.Adding Collison who is a excellent PF/C happy to come off the bench to replace Bynum.

IMO both teams should probably do this.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#19 » by Showtime:Part2 » Mon May 25, 2009 9:26 am

jeff green isn't close to being worth andrew bynum. give me a break. the hawks' offer of horford + filler is interesting.
Warspite:

Prince + filler for Kobe Bryant
To be honest the way Prince has played and with Kobes injury/age/mileage Im not sure I would do that deal either. Still Prince is more important and he wins the head to head battles with Kobe.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#20 » by Coxy » Mon May 25, 2009 9:36 am

You guys are nuts. As if the Lakers front office deal a young 7-0ter to Oak for a PG and a pick. Ludicrous.

Phil Jackson is just doing a Nellie and teaching the kid a lesson about who is boss in town. Ni biggy IMO. Bynum aint going anywhere unless a team wants to majorly overpay out there ass. If Oklahoma City want Bynum it would take Green and Westbrook to get it done.

Atlanta's Horford offer could be interesting. Im a GS fan so I'd love to see the Warriors offer up a deal revolving around some players like Stephen Jackson, Corey Maggette, Jamal Crawford, Andris Biedrins and the #7 pick. But trading to a division rival is unlikely.

Return to Trades and Transactions