ImageImage

Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions (also Greece)

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,826

Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions (also Greece) 

Post#1 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:32 am

http://twitter.com/GeryWoelfel

Says four teams are showing interest in Sessions.

I doubt we would be able to get him for $4 mil per year if multiple teams are still talking to Chubby.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Re: Woelfel: 4 teams talking to Sessions 

Post#2 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:21 am

And the twitter adds that according to Wells, the Bucks have not yet made an offer.......
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#3 » by aboveAverage » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am

I hope one of them steps up and makes an offer. I'm sick of waiting.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#4 » by fam3381 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:09 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:And the twitter adds that according to Wells, the Bucks have not yet made an offer.......

Per Hammond, they're "letting the process play itself out"
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,213

Post#5 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:11 pm

While it makes sense the Bucks are letting the market dictate Sessions value, I find it somewhat concerning that I haven't seen one quote from anyone saying, "we 100% want to bring back Sessions". Even McKinney last night was non-committal. That is worrisome to me. If we do the RJ trade to save money and then lose Sessions, this off season will be a failure.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#6 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm sure it was Sessions agent feeding Woelfel, trying to make it look like there is a lot of interest. That happens a lot this time of year and Woelfel is glad to print whatever he's told.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
fam3381
General Manager
And1: 171

Post#7 » by fam3381 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:24 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm sure it was Sessions agent feeding Woelfel, trying to make it look like there is a lot of interest. That happens a lot this time of year and Woelfel is glad to print whatever he's told.

A week ago it was 12 teams, now it's four. But at the end of the day it only takes one...ask Jarrett Jack. I wonder which teams are still interested...I assume Chubby's counting the Bucks? Knicks?
Retired Bucks blogger. Occasional Bucks podcaster.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#8 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Knicks/Bucks have to be on there. Portland if the three-way deal doesn't go through. Philly with the MLE if they lose Miller?
Debit One
Starter
And1: 84

Post#9 » by Debit One » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:31 pm

LUKE23 wrote:While it makes sense the Bucks are letting the market dictate Sessions value, I find it somewhat concerning that I haven't seen one quote from anyone saying, "we 100% want to bring back Sessions". Even McKinney last night was non-committal. That is worrisome to me. If we do the RJ trade to save money and then lose Sessions, this off season will be a failure.

Hammond is not going to say anything in public to lessen his negotiating position. We saw that with the "we're not looking to dump salary" comment about 48 hours before he dumped salary by trading RJ.

How would it help the Bucks for him to say "we 100% want to bring back Sessions"?
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#10 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:34 pm

I actually disagree with your take. I always think it's the right thing to say you will match your RFA's, and I know others agree. How does it help you to not commit to them, all that does is have other teams thinking you're not interested, so they offer.
unklchuk
Head Coach
And1: 94

Post#11 » by unklchuk » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 pm

I think the Bucks management may be a little like the young man at the mixer (sorry if that's an old-fashioned term) who kinda likes one girl, but wants to take a little more time to look around for someone special.

Or else, aware that their public won't be pleased if they lose Sessions after losing Villaneuva, although they calculate they don't really need Sessions, want to delay announcing the separation until they can simultaneously announce a move fans will like. Or they're working a tricky sign & trade.

Or, hey, maybe they're letting the process play itself out... (Which may suggest that Hammond is a hard negotiator who assumes players won't get bruised feelings from a drawn-out process.)

Sounds like Jennings had a solid game last night, for only the 2nd game (& only Summer "League") in his NBA career. That's good. Think the team wants him to be core pretty darn soon. I want that too, if he can at least halfway handle it.
AFAIK, IDKM
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#12 » by aboveAverage » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:43 pm

LUKE23 wrote:I actually disagree with your take. I always think it's the right thing to say you will match your RFA's, and I know others agree. How does it help you to not commit to them, all that does is have other teams thinking you're not interested, so they offer.

I agree. It doesn't hurt to say you want to keep your RFA's.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,904

Post#13 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Whether or not Hammond makes his intentions known publicly doesn't have much bearing on the situation at all.

At the end of the day the Bucks have a number they are willing to pay Sessions, whether that comes from a match or not.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
kirkando
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#14 » by kirkando » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Debit One wrote:Hammond is not going to say anything in public to lessen his negotiating position. We saw that with the "we're not looking to dump salary" comment about 48 hours before he dumped salary by trading RJ.

How would it help the Bucks for him to say "we 100% want to bring back Sessions"?

He hasn't really made any comments like that about other players either, has he? Hammond said pretty much the same thing in regards to Childress. I think that's just the way he is.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#15 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Four teams may be talking to Sessions, but nobody is offering him anything as of yet. Perhaps they will but I still think we will get him re-signed in the 4-5 million per range. I would not want to re-sign him for much higher than that though.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#16 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:30 pm

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Four teams may be talking to Sessions, but nobody is offering him anything as of yet. Perhaps they will but I still think we will get him re-signed in the 4-5 million per range. I would not want to re-sign him for much higher than that though.

I'd match MLE for sure.
Rockmaninoff
General Manager
And1: 1,667

Post#17 » by Rockmaninoff » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:34 pm

unklchuk wrote:I think the Bucks management may be a little like the young man at the mixer (sorry if that's an old-fashioned term) who kinda likes one girl, but wants to take a little more time to look around for someone special.

Or else, aware that their public won't be pleased if they lose Sessions after losing Villaneuva, although they calculate they don't really need Sessions, want to delay announcing the separation until they can simultaneously announce a move fans will like. Or they're working a tricky sign & trade.

Or, hey, maybe they're letting the process play itself out... (Which may suggest that Hammond is a hard negotiator who assumes players won't get bruised feelings from a drawn-out process.)

Sounds like Jennings had a solid game last night, for only the 2nd game (& only Summer "League") in his NBA career. That's good. Think the team wants him to be core pretty darn soon. I want that too, if he can at least halfway handle it.

I think you keep projecting your feelings for Sessions onto Bucks management. They obviously want to pay him as little as possible. That's the issue.

carmelbrownqueen wrote:Four teams may be talking to Sessions, but nobody is offering him anything as of yet. Perhaps they will but I still think we will get him re-signed in the 4-5 million per range. I would not want to re-sign him for much higher than that though.

But Childress is worth more than the MLE? C'mon.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:The fight for civil rights just like for liberty and justice and peace won't be won by man. It will take a god...so lets move on to sports.

Magic Giannison wrote:Giannis is god but even god's cannot save our **** team.
LUKE23
RealGM

Post#18 » by LUKE23 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:36 pm

But Childress is worth more than the MLE? C'mon.

And possibly a first rounder. :D

I really hope that was just Hollinger talking out of his ass though.
carmelbrownqueen
RealGM
And1: 42

Post#19 » by carmelbrownqueen » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:37 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:And the twitter adds that according to Wells, the Bucks have not yet made an offer.......

Of coarse the Bucks didn't make an offer to Sessions as of yet, they shouldn't. Let's see what the market dictates on him first. Most teams haven't prioritized him so the odds are we will get him at our number.
"Too many people ask for help, and sometimes you have to help yourself." - Jerry Sloan

"We don't accept anything but winning. We don't accept anything but playing hard." - John Hammond
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#20 » by Newz » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Why should we make him an offer?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks