ImageImageImageImageImage

Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional"

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

RealGM
And1: 39,071

Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional" 

Post#1 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 am

LAS VEGAS - Eddy Curry showed he has his weight and his game back under control during a two-day visit to the NBA Summer League. But his personal strength coach, Thomas Weatherspoon, emphasized that the Knicks should not expect him to show up for training camp at his fictitiously listed weight of 285.

"Honestly, when coaches are saying he has to get back to 285, they're delusional," said Weatherspoon, who came with Curry for a midsummer progress report. "They don't have a clue; that's not where he can go. If he goes back to 285, that would make him a scrawny kid. One of the things we're doing is adding more muscle now."

Curry weighs 328, Weatherspoon said, 30 pounds lighter than when he started a strict diet and fitness regimen in late May. For the first five days of the program, Curry was limited to fresh-squeezed juices and broths while he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

Although Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are outwardly pleased by the 6-11 center's recommitment, there were still a few caution flags. Curry arrived knowing he was expected to be on the court but did not bring sneakers. He borrowed assistant coach Herb Williams' Nikes for both practices. Williams stood in Curry's flip-flops on the sideline.

The goal for the next six weeks, in theory, is to replace the fat with muscle. "Re-sculpting the body," Weatherspoon says.

So the actual weight goal, he said, is between 300 to 315 pounds by training camp.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spknix ... 6101.story

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Re: Eddy Curry's trainer calls D'Antoni "Delusional" 

Post#2 » by waya » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:34 am

2010 wrote:
Although Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are outwardly pleased by the 6-11 center's recommitment, there were still a few caution flags. Curry arrived knowing he was expected to be on the court but did not bring sneakers. He borrowed assistant coach Herb Williams' Nikes for both practices. Williams stood in Curry's flip-flops on the sideline.

What...the...f***K
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#3 » by ctorres » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:34 am

Any personal trainers in here?
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,695

Post#4 » by omerome » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:34 am

Wait so 285 is scrawny now? Hmm..interesting.
RealGM

Post#5 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:37 am

omerome wrote:Wait so 285 is scrawny now? Hmm..interesting.

It is when you are a 6'11" big boned grown ass man. I am 5'10.5" and I weight 220lbs and I'm not fat by any means. I'm stocky with muscle mass. So in proportion, Curry as a much larger man than myself who is big-boned will have a hard time getting down to 285lbs at this point in his life as a fully-matured grown man. He is not a rookie anymore. I care less about his weight # than I do about his conditioning and his fat % content.

livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#6 » by livintoolive » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:38 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Curry's "trainer" calling someone else delusional. Now that's comedy gold. Hey trainer (I know you're reading this), why don't you try bringing in players that have less than a 40 BMI before calling a former COY delusional? Maybe we'll take you seriously then.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,167

Post#7 » by aq_ua » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:41 am

For the first five days of the program, Curry was limited to fresh-squeezed juices and broths while he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

No one reacts to this?!!

...he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

...he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#8 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 am

I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCH WHO'S DELUSIONAL BUT THIS CRISCO KID STILL WEIGHS 330LBS after shedding 30LBS?

ok

So let's get this straight. He's had about 3mos to lose weight with the program and he's dropped 30lbs. His trainer says forget about it he ain't getting to 285lbs PERIOD. Humanly impossible for Curry. Now we know he's not going to drop too much more weight now that he has lost some and his weight is public.

That means when he comes back this season and if he isn't used and spoon fed the ball at a constant he'll be on the bench putting back on the 30lbs he's lost. He has proven since day one arriving here..... he gets fatter as the season progresses. Basically he shed the weight he gained while out last yr which puts him back to where he was probably February of 2007-2008 which means he's still fat.

BTW I hope all of us fans see this point. All this public scrutiny over Curry's weight is only bad publicity to onlookers. We're epically failing here and this is going to have a terrible ending. Good grief we can't do anything right.
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#9 » by sonny » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 am

2010 wrote:
Curry weighs 328, Weatherspoon said, 30 pounds lighter than when he started a strict diet and fitness regimen in late May. For the first five days of the program, Curry was limited to fresh-squeezed juices and broths while he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

RealGM

Post#10 » by 2010 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 am

Before someone comes in and retorts that we don't know that Weatherspoon is speaking about D'Antoni definitively, lets make it known that yesterday D'Antoni was quoted as saying he'd like to see Eddy Curry get down to about 285-290lbs by training camp. I'm to lazy to dig for the quote but maybe someone else will be kind enough to do so.

TheBluest
Banned User

Post#11 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:47 am

He came in Flip Flops for practice and GORDO EATERED Herb's kicks?

LOL I know they were pissed off at that. He couldn't go to Champs or Foot Locker and get his own Kicks. This dude is in that bad of Financial Dire Straits?

We're stuck with Curry folks, he ain't changing. Irresponsible as ever like I said and people were baffled with his family tragedy and endangered encounters.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#12 » by kane2021 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:49 am

aq_ua wrote:
For the first five days of the program, Curry was limited to fresh-squeezed juices and broths while he went through a cycle of a colon-cleansing product. He lost 15 pounds from that alone.

No one reacts to this?!!

:eek1:

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#13 » by livintoolive » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:50 am

TheBluest wrote:
LOL I know they were pissed off at that. He couldn't go to Champs or Foot Locker and get his own Kicks. This dude is that bad of Financial Dire Straits?

Wow. What made you jump to that conclusion?

Maybe he was just lazy and had low expectations of himself (to not play)? What makes you think he was too poor to buy a pair of kicks? Or was that just your assumption?
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
darkjedi4z
Sixth Man
And1: 47

Post#14 » by darkjedi4z » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:52 am

:roll:
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#15 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:54 am

livintoolive wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
LOL I know they were pissed off at that. He couldn't go to Champs or Foot Locker and get his own Kicks. This dude is that bad of Financial Dire Straits?

Maybe he was just lazy and had low expectations of himself (to not play)? What makes you think he was too poor to buy a pair of kicks? Or was that just your assumption?

So that makes it better he was lazy and why didn't he.... by the second day purchase his own kicks? The article stated he was expected to participate yet you show up in Flip-Flops?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#16 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:55 am

darkjedi4z wrote::roll:

You never have much to say but say so much with so little. But I have to ask what does this mean?
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#17 » by livintoolive » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:57 am

TheBluest wrote:
livintoolive wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

So that makes it better he was lazy and why didn't he.... by the second day purchase his own kicks? The article stated he was expected to participate yet you show up in Flip-Flops?

I'm not saying the situation with Eddy Curry is good, but what makes you think his financial situation is so dire that he can't afford kicks? Are you just assuming?
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,128

Post#18 » by waya » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 am

TheBluest wrote:
livintoolive wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

I get the feeling you guys are just misunderstanding each other.

But anyways, what weight was Edddy at back when he had that 20 ppg season (or 19.5 ppg as bNo likes to say :D )
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#19 » by kane2021 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 am

This young man is impossible to root for. Flip Flops? To the gym? Did he bring socks?

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#20 » by TheBluest » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 am

livintoolive wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
livintoolive wrote:

I'm not saying the situation with Eddy Curry is good, but what makes you think his financial situation is so dire that he can't afford kicks? Are you just assuming?

Dude I'm being facetious. You can hone in on this all you want but that's ridiculous.

Return to New York Knicks