ImageImageImageImageImage

What is your breaking point as a fan?

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

CrackLaden
Junior
And1: 0

Re: What is your breaking point as a fan? 

Post#21 » by CrackLaden » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm fairly certain Robert Rowell would have to murder my whole family for me to stop loving the Dubs.

Although trading Anthony Randolph would be like punching my family, which is pretty bad.
Chris Cohan
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:13 pm

If I want to star gaze this season, I might grab Taco Bell on the road and go see the NBA's best play at Arco instead of Oracle.

Cheaper for good seats usually. Easy to work into Tahoe trips, too.
NO MONEY TO COHAN.

I hated Tyreke for the Warriors but I loooooooooooooooove Paul Westphal offenses.

Best part: No, I'm not a Kings plant. Just a lifetime Warriors fan.
Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#23 » by Head Leader » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Kevin Martin makes it tough for me to watch the Kings.

you are a greater man then I.

I will be tuning in to see Tyreke on occasion though.
"I am the Head leader, it all starts with me." - Monta Ellis

www.amuseaudio.com
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#24 » by Chris Cohan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm

I look at it like this:

I spend money on the NBA and my favorite team is the Warriors, always and forever.
It's clear as day what the problem with our favorite team is.

I like going to some games every year and I sometimes attend the games with the better opponents or star players to see- Durant, Rose, Lebron, whoever. Recently I've been to many more than just those type of games, but lots of folks still do the star gaze attendance thing. Most of us are attending fewer games this year anyway, so I'll pick the best teams I'd like to see- maybe the Warriors in Sac, too- and just make a road trip out of it if it works out. Why should I continue to hurt my favorite team by funding incompetent OWNERSHIP, the end recipient of my hard-earned cash? Being tough and clear about this means not setting some arbitrary "last straw" final crisis point. I'm just going to not be part of the problem and keep my money away from the lunatics this year.

I don't think it works for the die hard Warriors fans and maybe it shouldn't. But anyone with half a brain and a non-religious sports addiction can see the relief this sort of year-long experiment might provide. I've been to Arco and it's not great but NBA contenders and stars are NBA contenders and stars. All Warrriors games still on TV, where most fans watch the games, anyway.

I'll watch every single one, like I always do, sometimes more than once.
engageTHEmasses
Senior
And1: 206

Post#25 » by engageTHEmasses » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:25 pm

http://warriors.realgm.com/articles/157/20090522/i_finally_abandon_ship/

If you remember this article by Mr. Reina-- I think it sums it up perfectly. As a Rap's fan I can only say, "Sorry". (and thank you...)

I grew up a Toronto Maple Leaf's fan... I know what suffering is. I'm a Blue Jays fan too-- watching management waste young talent, make puzzling decisions, etc, etc... It's a tough thing to bear.

I don't know what to say, but hang in there-- you never know...
===========
The Boy wrote:
trick wrote:Slavery was also an old-time tradition...

wtf bruh

Derrick Rose wrote:They're saying us and Golden State are the super teams.
Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#26 » by Head Leader » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:31 pm

I agree w/ you 100% Rowell...(your new name isnt as catchy)
"I am the Head leader, it all starts with me." - Monta Ellis

www.amuseaudio.com
CrackLaden
Junior

Post#27 » by CrackLaden » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:46 pm

I'm also a glutton for punishment. There's something in me that says, "when the time finally comes that they win a championship, it's going to be so unbelievably sweet I won't know what to do with myself." In that sense, I'm the battered wife and the Warriors are my abusive, alcoholic husband.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#28 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 pm

As long as they play in Oakland I'm all good. I don't care about winning or losing. As long as they're on the court trying and not quitting that's all I can ask for.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#29 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:56 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:As long as they play in Oakland I'm all good. I don't care about winning or losing. As long as they're on the court trying and not quitting that's all I can ask for.

So how can you put up with Jack's frequent quitting?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Lucky26
Starter
And1: 487

Post#30 » by Lucky26 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:14 pm

St.Nick wrote:Lets be honest...the Warriors FO could come in and gang rape the female members of our families, kick our dogs in the mouth, and burn our houses down and we'd still cheer this team on.

Is anyone here a psychologist? I'd love to hear the clinical definition of what we are afflicted with as Warriors fans.

OK? I think I'll go back to the Raps board now.
I'll play defense when you get a girlfriend
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#31 » by old rem » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:49 pm

CrackLaden wrote:I'm also a glutton for punishment. There's something in me that says, "when the time finally comes that they win a championship, it's going to be so unbelievably sweet I won't know what to do with myself." In that sense, I'm the battered wife and the Warriors are my abusive, alcoholic husband.

i guess if I could budget some TV package to watch a new "adopted" team..I'd be damn tempted.
I naturally TEND to root for the locals because they represent US. Well, at least that's the illusion we buy into. It's no fun getting represented by Wile E Coyote and the botched lobotomy support group that's calling the shots. The cycle of tease and frustrate just starts getting old. This is not family...it's traveling mercenaries,meat in sneakers and aside from REVENUE the "plan" seems pretty fuzzy.
CENSORED... No comment.
The Hack
Rookie
And1: 269

Post#32 » by The Hack » Sat Aug 1, 2009 12:44 am

I'm getting used to the usual stupid moves by our FO...like others, I will always root for the Warriors no matter what. I guess my breaking point would be Monta or AR in a trade where we don't get a top-flight player back. I really think those 2 can grow together and be one of the more dangerous duos in the NBA
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#33 » by TB » Sat Aug 1, 2009 1:06 am

I'll always enjoy following the warriors. Even if we traded AR for Z-Bo i'd have fun with it, buy some tickets, get drunk, and chant explicit comments at the top of my lungs.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#34 » by shazam_guy » Sat Aug 1, 2009 1:10 am

I've quit on this team a dozen times. Then something changes and I come back. Sometimes the change is real -- they fire a bad coach. (Hint, hint.) Other times it's just a matter of a season passing and then I can fool myself into being optimistic the next season. What I can't do anymore is convince myself that they know what they're doing, or that everything is going to turn out for the best. Because believing that is like believing "He's really going to stop hitting me this time!" or whatever abuse victims tell themselves.

However, I definitely have stopped spending money on the W's like I used to. They've @#$@ed me too many times without even a reach-around. I take my kids to an occasional game, but that's about it.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#35 » by GSWhoopfan » Sat Aug 1, 2009 5:20 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:As long as they play in Oakland I'm all good. I don't care about winning or losing. As long as they're on the court trying and not quitting that's all I can ask for.

i think Jack has good intentions. the results arent showing up. but i do believe he does what he feels is right. and hes the captain, so i gotta roll with it. plus, i support Nellie 100%. he gave Jack the LeBron title last season, it irritated me...but i do believe Jack was "doing the right thing".
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Chris Cohan
Banned User

Post#36 » by Chris Cohan » Sun Aug 2, 2009 6:03 pm

If we move Biedrins for a one year rental, I'm done.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,302

Post#37 » by Sleepy51 » Sun Aug 2, 2009 6:32 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:

i think Jack has good intentions. the results arent showing up. but i do believe he does what he feels is right. and hes the captain, so i gotta roll with it. plus, i support Nellie 100%. he gave Jack the LeBron title last season, it irritated me...but i do believe Jack was "doing the right thing".

I'm sorry, but when he quits during a game, his intention is to quit. You haven't addressed that at all. Jack quits when things aren't going well. He does it all the time. Did Nellie tell him it's ok to quit too?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#38 » by Mylie10 » Sun Aug 2, 2009 6:53 pm

I don't have a breaking point.....I'm stupid like that.

Some of the year pre TMC were difficult, but it had some good moments. The era after Webber was absolutely brutal with the lowest point for me being the hiring of PJ Carlisimo. Hell I'd have choked that loser.

But I can't quit. The worse thing that happens is I watch less. But I'm a box score whore. Always have been. I love breaking it down in my head.

There are things to really dislike about what's happened around here lately, but there are also some really good things going on.

My good list:

1.) Randolph - The guy has the sky's the limit potential and the attitude to go with it. The people who don't know much about him focus on the numbers and don't know about the drive yet. Those in the know are excited by the actual want to be great. It's been a long time since we've seen anyone who even thinks like that.

2.) Monta's comeback - I feel that Tay will be on a mission to show the league that he belongs amongst the elite players in the league. I don't give an eff if he's labeled as a 1 or a 2. Monta's a special player and I'm gonna love him proving that tto everyone who doubts him.

3.) Biedrins - Is one of my favorite players in the league. He's so damn likeable and the guy never complains. He works his ass off and he's always smiling. I love that guy and only hope he remains a Warriors for life.

4.) Morrow - I'm really excited about this kid based on the absolute hard work. He also has a fire that blends well with Randolph. This year I believe the veterans on the team will not ignore him when he's in the game like last year. He will be a focal point and Nellie will make sure of it. He's one of the most amazing shooters I've ever seen and I'm 44 so that's quite a bit of basketball.

5.) Wright - When I watch this kid play, I see something different than some of you guys do. I see a guy who plays the team game and isn't out there to show off or be the man. He's got special skills and I feel that once he finds his place, he'll be a huge assett to whatever team he's on. I hope he's on the opening day roster and can get himself into some heavy minutes with Randolph. I want our length to finally be used properly. It's the one area where defensively we can change games.

Those are the top 5 things I'm looking forward to this year. Of course winning is the most important thing, but to do that, some of the things on my list have to happen.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Tibes
Freshman

Post#39 » by Tibes » Sun Aug 2, 2009 8:26 pm

I don't have a breaking point, beacause I'm a Warriors fan for life :roll:
biggd
Sophomore

Post#40 » by biggd » Sun Aug 2, 2009 11:01 pm

I don't think i will ever stop being a fan... last year gave me enough reason to stop checking stats etc... Nelson drives me insane with his 400 line-up changes and unfair "doghouse" . As i've gotten older, i tend to follow 10-12 teams. Heck,I like everyteam apart from Lakers,Spurs,Rockets,Jazz and Pacers..LOL

but i will always be a warriors fan.Management and Coach just pi$$ me off from time to time
LJ forever!

Return to Golden State Warriors